K'Neal Harry Real Goings ON??

Chubb went way sooner. I like Sony, but with his style he needs good blocking. He’s not gonna go get 3 to 4 tough yards. Get him to the second level and he’s great at breaking chunk plays. It’s just getting him there. Still though I’m a huge believer in not drafting RBs or WRs in the first round.

I see Brady's somewhat modest stats and hear folks questioning Michel and I wonder how much they really understand about how bad the OL play has been.

I think Brady has been outstanding most of the time in trying to cobble together an offense behind a line where only one guy has been consistently good (Thuney). He's got a makeshift line featuring two vets in Cannon and Mason who've both missed time and haven't played nearly as well as last season when they have played. He's got no tight end to speak of and one highly productive receiver in Edelman. Our offense is Brady praying for two seconds in the pocket and usually being disappointed. Forget stats, Brady has been ridiculously good this year.

The loss of Develin can't be overstated as far as Michel goes. He's the one that cleaned up that last guy to spring a back and it ain't happening now, but I think Michel is better than last year in every way. Blaming him is ignoring what should be obvious. We have zero cohesiveness on the OL.

Our blocking has been deteriorating in every possible way and it was tremendous from the 2nd half of the 2018 season right through the SB.

We've got a long way to go to get the blocking where it should be.

Chubb went way sooner. I like Sony, but with his style he needs good blocking. He’s not gonna go get 3 to 4 tough yards. Get him to the second level and he’s great at breaking chunk plays. It’s just getting him there. Still though I’m a huge believer in not drafting RBs or WRs in the first round.

He went in the 2nd round...after Michel. Michel also had knee issues in college too.

And yes, obviously the oline sucks this year. I'm well aware of it.

N"Keal Harry not playing against the Ravens for me is not even an issue. He has had only 2 weeks of real practice. Give him the extra two weeks to knock the rust off and get on the right track with Brady.

Yeah this. Harry is not the only one that had to get used to the team, so did Sanu. We have swapped around receivers like practice squad players all year, we need to get everyone on the same page at some point.

I see Brady's somewhat modest stats and hear folks questioning Michel and I wonder how much they really understand about how bad the OL play has been.

I think Brady has been outstanding most of the time in trying to cobble together an offense behind a line where only one guy has been consistently good (Thuney). He's got a makeshift line featuring two vets in Cannon and Mason who've both missed time and haven't played nearly as well as last season when they have played. He's got no tight end to speak of and one highly productive receiver in Edelman. Our offense is Brady praying for two seconds in the pocket and usually being disappointed. Forget stats, Brady has been ridiculously good this year.

The loss of Develin can't be overstated as far as Michel goes. He's the one that cleaned up that last guy to spring a back and it ain't happening now, but I think Michel is better than last year in every way. Blaming him is ignoring what should be obvious. We have zero cohesiveness on the OL.

Our blocking has been deteriorating in every possible way and it was tremendous from the 2nd half of the 2018 season right through the SB.

:clap::clap:

Keep in mind the gameplan consisted of Brady calling plays without huddling, so I'm assuming they just didn't think he would do well in that type of gameplan. As far as I could tell Jakobi Meyers didn't play, either. They went with more of a veteran presence and kept the lineup almost the same nearly all game.

the loss of Andrews is huge, I say bigger than the LT issues. Andrews was unreal at getting to the second level and making those key blocks that are not getting made. Karras is a Guard playing center, he is ok but Andrews was great at knowing when to release and lead.

the loss of Andrews is huge, I say bigger than the LT issues. Andrews was unreal at getting to the second level and making those key blocks that are not getting made. Karras is a Guard playing center, he is ok but Andrews was great at knowing when to release and lead.

He was always smart, but I think it took Andrews a couple of years to get his act together physically. He just kept improving and getting stronger and he's a great testament to guys that looked hopeless but turned themselves into solid players/leaders, so maybe there is still hope that Karras and everybody else can get better.

I'm hoping Mason's problems are just injury-related because he hasn't really looked like the same guy and maybe he can get pliable or whatever.

I read a couple of opinions that Newhouse played his best game, but it didn't look that way to me. Brady has been getting drilled and it seems like it's 72's guy a lot of the time. He just can't seem to handle the quick-twitch edge guys well enough and Dante can only do so much.

I'm officially worried about the whole situation even though I tell myself that I've seen this movie before. They have turned bad into good too many times to panic, but I'm close.

He was always smart, but I think it took Andrews a couple of years to get his act together physically. He just kept improving and getting stronger and he's a great testament to guys that looked hopeless but turned themselves into solid players/leaders, so maybe there is still hope that Karras and everybody else can get better.

I'm hoping Mason's problems are just injury-related because he hasn't really looked like the same guy and maybe he can get pliable or whatever.

I read a couple of opinions that Newhouse played his best game, but it didn't look that way to me. Brady has been getting drilled and it seems like it's 72's guy a lot of the time. He just can't seem to handle the quick-twitch edge guys well enough and Dante can only do so much.

I'm officially worried about the whole situation even though I tell myself that I've seen this movie before. They have turned bad into good too many times to panic, but I'm close.
There is no TE on the roster who can help, that is the huge difference this year from last year.

We know Gronk was a stud blocking but Allen was right up there and neither one was replaced. That is a huge hole in both run and pass blocking. Gronk stayed in a lot in Pass protection and Allen was really exclusively a blocking TE.

The Wham block by Gronk with Devlin leading Sony as Andrews took out the LB was key to the run game. Gone. It is not a will to run issue but a lack of talent to run those plays right now.

God I hope the rest cures teh right side of the line woes and Wynn returns to be Matt Light II

Blood clots are no joke...no matter what Dr. Coolade says.

There is no TE on the roster who can help, that is the huge difference this year from last year.

We know Gronk was a stud blocking but Allen was right up there and neither one was replaced. That is a huge hole in both run and pass blocking. Gronk stayed in a lot in Pass protection and Allen was really exclusively a blocking TE.

The Wham block by Gronk with Devlin leading Sony as Andrews took out the LB was key to the run game. Gone. It is not a will to run issue but a lack of talent to run those plays right now.

God I hope the rest cures teh right side of the line woes and Wynn returns to be Matt Light II

Exactly. Any successful run game now will be play action vs straight rush attempts.

The only thing we can hope for is Wynn solidifying that back side pass block. Find a freaking FA FB for fvcks sake! I keep reading “but Develin could flex out wide and they could throw to him.” Really? 31 catches in 7 seasons! Just find a battering ram to lead block. Guess what? I bet he could catch a ball or two if it’s that fvcking important to you.

The Dolphins dumped Allen...but, he might be still hurt.

Back