Kraft apologizes to fellow owners

NewsZombieBot

Newsie
Reaction score
PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Patriots owner Robert Kraft addressed his fellow owners, as well as each of the other 31 NFL head coaches today, offering the organization's apology for the "Spygate" saga and its ensuing fallout, which has placed a cloud of suspicion over the Patriots and the NFL.
Kraft's heartfelt oration came this morning at the NFL annual meeting during a special privilege session. Kraft took the floor after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell addressed the assemblage regarding the integrity of the game.
The Patriots owner expressed contrition to his colleagues for the Patriots illegally filming the signals of the New York Jets on Sept 9, which resulted in a $250,000 fine, the loss of a first round pick and a $500,000 fine for head coach Bill Belichick. Kraft talked about the respect his family has for the NFL, its shield and what it stands for.
Kraft's address was followed by one from Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
Colts coach Tony Dungy, who was present for the speeches, did not discuss details out of respect to Kraft. However, he called Kraft's speech "heartfelt."
"I thought it was very, very sincere and heartfelt, and I appreciated what he had to say," said Dungy. "I'll leave it as private; that was the way it was supposed to be."
Colts president Bill Polian, who was not present for either address, said he thought it showed how much class the Kraft family has.
"I think it's a wonderful thing for Mr. Kraft to do," said Polian. "I personally don't think it was necessary, but that's just typical of the kind of class he has.
"I certainly appreciate everything that Mr. Kraft and his family have done for the league. They've made this league a much better league since they've been members of it and certainly from one man's point of view he doesn't need to apologize for anything.
"The New England Patriots have been a bellwether for this league as long as the Kraft family has owned them. They're tough to play against and that's all for the good, but as far as being good citizens in the National Football League they're at the top of the charts."

More...

WTF?Now the rest of the league is going to think the Patriots are pussy’s
There goes our cheating ways right down the shiter :shake:

:p

Colts coach Tony Dungy, who was present for the speeches, did not discuss details out of respect to Kraft. However, he called Kraft's speech "heartfelt."
"I thought it was very, very sincere and heartfelt, and I appreciated what he had to say," said Dungy. "I'll leave it as private; that was the way it was supposed to be."
So it was private, you'll say it was private and then you'll say that it was sincere and heartfelt, and something you appreciated.

I know I have a bug up my arse about this guy, but who the hell needs his appreciation? He makes it sound like he was owed this.

Personally, I wish Kraft had not apologized. His fellow owners didn't really stand behind him, and turds like Dungy made it worse. If anything, Dungy owes Kraft an apology.

That said, my gut tells me that Kraft did the right thing. The high road never hurts. But until Dungy apologizes for his opportunism, the notion of apologizing to that POS makes me puke.

And in the interests of fairness and candor, I thought Polian's remarks were nothing but class.

So it was private, you'll say it was private and then you'll say that it was sincere and heartfelt, and something you appreciated.

I know I have a bug up my arse about this guy, but who the hell needs his appreciation? He makes it sound like he was owed this.

Personally, I wish Kraft had not apologized. His fellow owners didn't really stand behind him, and turds like Dungy made it worse. If anything, Dungy owes Kraft an apology.

That said, my gut tells me that Kraft did the right thing. The high road never hurts. But until Dungy apologizes for his opportunism, the notion of apologizing to that POS makes me puke.

And in the interests of fairness and candor, I thought Polian's remarks were nothing but class.

I agree. Don't friggin apologize when the Commish laid down overly harse penalties.

But, maybe it's like the scene in the Godfather where there is this meeting to make peace. But, really it was about finding out who was the leader that was out to get them.

I don't like this story so it's neg reps for Bot, and + rep for DS.

2401071bNg.gif

Funk dat! Why is Kraft apologizing for anything?

If anyone should apologize, it should have been Woody Johnson. "Sorry that my coach, who I stole from Bob Kraft's team, couldn't handle getting his enormous a$$ handed to him in the playoffs a year ago so he went public with this bull**** story that made all of us look bad. Really, folks, I never would have hired him if I'd known he was such a douche."

Everytime I try to neg rep the bot, I always forget to click on the "I disapprove" link. :banghead:

Why the **** do they always go running to St. Dungy for a quote about how someone feels about an apology? Will they go ask him his feelings about Pacman after the decision comes down if he is reinstated? How about ask St Dungy if Vick is really contrite and should be given a break, or if Ricky Williams should be forgiven. How about we just crown St Dungy the High Priest of Morality for the NFL and he can release statements and stats about every player coach and owner with their morality grades. We could start a whole new FFL set up with bonus points going to the most morale team each week. **** St. Dungy, and his whiny ass.

Putting the penalty aside, I think it's great that Kraft made this apology. And for one reason only....the guy running the show (BB) just doesn't know how to do it. And until the Pats show some contrition, this whole thing won't likely blow over. Maybe this will finally do it.

Getting lost in all of this are Polian's comments. I'm a Polian hater thru and thru but I have a little more respect for the man after hearing his comments on Kraft's apology.

The whole reason for the apologies is to get people (especially the media) to just move along.

This thread just shows how shallow some people can be.

No matter what Dungy says (or doesn't say), he's an arse.

Whatever.

:rolleyes:

It's all BS, anyway, and everyone knows it.

Yeah, he apologized - so what?

The real reason he did is what bid said.

Whatever.

I think you're right CKA. There are two camps, Love Dungy or Hate Dungy. No matter what he does, the damage is done. Same as BB, you either love him or hate him. I wish he didn't apologize. Everyone is doing something, he took the fall for them all. They should all apologize to him.

I agree. Don't friggin apologize when the Commish laid down overly harse penalties.

But, maybe it's like the scene in the Godfather where there is this meeting to make peace. But, really it was about finding out who was the leader that was out to get them.

Polian=Barzini

Whatever.

To be fair, it's not only a "no matter what Dungy says" situation. Even if his mouth is closed, he's a D-Bag.

Whatever.

Respectfully, and as a poster who really likes you, that's freaking BS.

Dungy has been a total douche bag about BB the whole time. He crapped on him with the "dark day" crap, he made an inappropriate joke recently about the Pats cheating re a video game and no one wants to hear him warbling on about it now.

I hate Bill Polian, too. Hate him deeply. But when he comments on BB or the Pats, I note that despite my hatred, I appreciate his comments and think he acted with class. Until Dungy apologizes for crapping all over BB, I cannot hear him on this.

If the situation was reversed, you'd feel exactly the same way.

Said differently, I wouldn't be on this tirade about Dungy had he not did what he did when the scandal broke. I'm not on one about Polian or even Horse Face, and I hated them a helluva lot more than Dungy pre-SpyGate.

As to BB needing to apologize again (and this is not in response to CKA's post), screw that. He said it like it is: He made a mistake about in how he interpreted the rules that he regrets. No more groveling is needed. Everyone makes big mistakes and the fact that he admitted it is enough, especially when Kraft is falling on his sword for the umpteenth time.

Its just the fianl way of putting the whole thing to bed. If he didn't do this all the other owner would be talking about how the Patriots Org. doesn't really care about what happened and feel they are above the league.

I am happy he apologized. It was what needed to be done, weather the other owners stood behind him or not. Our team got caught being dicks, they needed to own up to it to the rest of the coaches and owners. They did it. They did a stand up thing, that DID need to be done.

Its just the fianl way of putting the whole thing to bed. If he didn't do this all the other owner would be talking about how the Patriots Org. doesn't really care about what happened and feel they are above the league.

I am happy he apologized. It was what needed to be done, weather the other owners stood behind him or not. Our team got caught being dicks, they needed to own up to it to the rest of the coaches and owners. They did it. They did a stand up thing, that DID need to be done.

:clap:

You just made my point.

For some people, no matter what he does or doesn't say, he's wrong.

Yup. Because it's none of his damn business. Sorry, but when he decided to pile on and interject his holier-than-thou $0.02, any benefit of the doubt he had escaped me. You worry about your own program. It's football 101.

Back