Kraft to address the media

So according to Robert Kraft, they are the New England Cheatriots.

I've got to say, I ain't mad about this because Brady is still fighting the suspension but the front office just showed their true colors.

I'll even go this far-

IF there is some backroom deal worked out the reduces or eliminates Brady's suspension, I would hope to GOD that Brady is enough of a man to understand just how badly an admission of cheating tarnishes his legacy. Seriously...do you think these ignorant, asshole hating fvcktard fans around the league are going to accept and forgive? HELL NO!!!

...and maybe I'm a little more sensitive to it than most of you are because of where I live, but right is still right and wrong is still wrong...and this is just plain fvcking wrong.

We just admitted that we cheated to win over the Colts. And in lending legitimacy to the Wells report, we admitted that it's not likely to be the first time it happened.

Ergo, every fan in the world now has the right to say that we cheated. Spygate, deflategate, bunch of other gates. Pats can't win without cheating.

We just admitted that we cheated to win over the Colts. And in lending legitimacy to the Wells report, we admitted that it's not likely to be the first time it happened.

Ergo, every fan in the world now has the right to say that we cheated. Spygate, deflategate, bunch of other gates. Pats can't win without cheating.

I'll even go this far-

IF there is some backroom deal worked out the reduces or eliminates Brady's suspension, I would hope to GOD that Brady is enough of a man to understand just how badly an admission of cheating tarnishes his legacy. Seriously...do you think these ignorant, asshole hating fvcktard fans around the league are going to accept and forgive? HELL NO!!!

...and maybe I'm a little more sensitive to it than most of you are because of where I live, but right is still right and wrong is still wrong...and this is just plain fvcking wrong.

‏@GregABedard
Belief in league circles is NFLPA has found the perfect player & case to go big-game hunting and change commissioner discipline forever.

@GregABedard
So, it's complicated on the Brady end. Kraft really didn't have many options.

Two things:

1. I think Kraft read the tea leaves from the other owners and realized that the Al Davis outlaw lifestyle was not going to work for him. That he is a reconciliation kind of guy and figured that appealing and possibly taking the NFL to court was just going to isolate the franchise even further than we already are. He either had to appease us or everybody else and chose everybody else simply because it was easier. It suppose it's easy for all of us to say that since we are hated by everybody we might as well go full Monty and go down swinging, but Bob is too old and tired to spend the rest of his working life as a pariah.

Was it weakness or a form of strength? To try and say something positive, maybe it was actually harder to turn his back on his fans wishes for dignity and fairness than it would have been to send lawyers, guns and money into the fray.

2. I can't say whether this was some sort of backroom trade-off for a favorable resolution of Brady's appeal, but I wouldn't be shocked. It's going to be real interesting to see how Tom proceeds now that his owner has, in effect, left him hanging.

I can't see Brady going Broken Arrow now. They have always been partners in a cohesive unit and for Brady to fully commit to a process to which his partner doesn't have the stomach for seems unlikely at best.

Brady knows he has a couple of years left and they've had a good run together. A court trial, no matter how justified, would undoubtedly serve to drive a wedge between them and be a long, protracted process that will bring (even) more negative attention to the organization.

The most logical scenario is Goodell cuts the suspension in half in recognition that he'd lose a court case and because Kraft offered the olive branch. A compromise is thereby reached that will allow everybody (but us) at least some measure of solace. Goodell shows that he's tough, but benevolent (I choked typing that), Kraft shows his peers that he's till a team player and Brady gets two games back.

And we always have the option of walking away if it's too much to deal with.

I won't be doing that, but I'll never forget this pork job.

I agree with point 1. This is a Sun Tzu approach. It's a fight he knows he can't win. Some of the other owners not very subtly, came out supporting the league. That was a clear message. And they were Kraft Allies like McNair and Blank.

Once he saw this, he approached Goodell for a detente. And a deal was made...

So? :shrug:

I agree with point 1. This is a Sun Tzu approach. It's a fight he knows he can't win. Some of the other owners not very subtly, came out supporting the league. That was a clear message. And they were Kraft Allies like McNair and Blank.

Once he saw this, he approached Goodell for a detente. And a deal was made...

I'm not seeing a deal here, I'm seeing unconditional surrender.

So it gets really ****ing old when you live in Maryland surrounded by people who will rub this in your face every ****ing day.

It may not affect most of you the same way, but this is ****ing nauseating to me.

Good, you still live here. Me and O.Z.O. Jr. aren't the only ones that have to deal with this shit.

The piece shows up in the newsfeed on my FB wall- 190+ and counting now of "HA!!!CHEATERS!!!"

...no, the other side will feel more empowered and become louder and more obnoxious than before.

Who cares? NE is still the best organization in the NFL, bar none. If other fans think NE cheated to win their SBs, good for them. If they think Kraft admitted guilt, that's nice.

I don't think Kraft is in this business to make it easier for NE fans to defend his team.

I have a SB XLIX Championship to enjoy.

Why on earth would the punishments be reduced? Without an appeal there's no reason for it.
Plus a reduced penalty just means, "You cheated but the penalty for cheating again won't be as much as I thought, but the third time kensil says you cheated it will be three first round picks and no playoffs.

Who cares? NE is still the best organization in the NFL, bar none. If other fans think NE cheated to win their SBs, good for them. If they think Kraft admitted guilt, that's nice.

I don't think Kraft is in this business to make it easier for NE fans to defend his team.

I have a SB XLIX Championship to enjoy.

Hate us 'cause they ain't us.

A Patriot is defined as standing up and defending your country (or in this case, team).

What Krafty did was NOTHING of the sort! He whored out his team. Prostituted out.

Pretty much the opposite of what a Patriot does...
If Kraft was a Patriot we'd all have British passports and be playing soccer instead of football.

Not sure if its been posted yet. This pic from deadspin sums it up I think (hopfully it works):

gnfabq9yzwscpzq1ka12.jpg

Back