Lawyer Milloy, Sam Madison, Trevor Pryce, Mike Anderson and others all CUT today

ladypatsfan

Reaction score
http://www.buffalobills.com/
More Released

The Bills have released defensive tackle Sam Adams, tight end Mark Campbell, and safety Lawyer Milloy. "It’s that time of the year when I think all teams are involved in making some – to a degree – painful decisions and have to move forward with it," said Marv Levy. "Today’s game is different.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/home/home_index.asp
Dolphins Release Four, Sign Kicker

March 1, 2006
The Miami Dolphins today terminated the contracts of cornerbacks Reggie Howard and Sam Madison , safety Tebucky Jones and tackle Damion McIntosh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350136
Broncos cut Pryce, Putzier and Anderson
ESPN.com news services

The Denver Broncos shaved $14.99 million of cap room Wednesday, but it came at a big price for talent.

The Broncos released three starters -- defensive end Trevor Pryce, running back Mike Anderson and tight end Jeb Putzier in moves that pull the team within a couple of millions of the $92 million salary cap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2350090

Panthers cut three, including running back Davis
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
The Panthers cleared $4.64 million of cap room Wednesday by releasing three veterans -- running back Stephen Davis, running back Rod Smart and defensive tackle Brentson Buckner.

The bloodshed has begun. Yikes!:eek:

does anyone know what the Lawyer Milloy release today represents in the total $$ he made for his tenure with the Bills.....as opposed to what he may have made (+ additional SB ring) by staying with the Pats?

RG is too: lazy / dumb / tired to look this up tonight and would appreciate any help on the subject

Tebucky gets cut...again. What a shocker. :yawn:

Lawyer gets cut. Hope what extra money you made was enough Lawyer, because you ain't gonna get but vet minimum now. Keep an eye on e-bay for his SB rings. ROFL

Wow....

If he was willing after not receiving much in offers in the open market, would you want Milloy back with the Pats in a rotation at safety?

Anyone think Stephen Davis would fit in as insurance for Corey Dillon? Too expensive? To injured? I think he is (was) an awesome talent and I'd take a chance on him if the price was right.

Lawyer, if willing to take the money offered, would be great insurance for Rodney.

Maybe the Law Firm of Milloy and Law will come as a package deal?

I think speculation at this point is pointless because a lot more players may be available at midnight all fighting to feed their families.

Might be a buyers market this off season with 1 year deals and the chance to be free during an uncapped offseason in 2007

How about Law and Madison? Law talked about going to Miami to play opposite Madison. Now he could go back to Gillette and do it there.

My intuition tells me that a deal will get done today.

It's been, after all, a roller coaster ride with all the reports of having a deal and then not having a deal. That, to me, portends good things (I hope).

Why have all the owners in NY today, too?

NFLPA chief Gene Upshaw's talking tough for a couple of reasons. With the exception of Player's Union leader (Troy Vincent) and the respective team reps, the rank-and-file reportedly despises Upshaw. Plus, no one wants this good they have going to come to an end.

One other thing to think about. Pre-Kraft, of course, the Patriots would have definitely ceased to exist without the system of revenue sharing. There's no doubt how much the Krafts have put into the team and have accomplished, but that's a fact.

Finally, does anyone think it's odd that the NFLPA head (Upshaw) is represented by the same agent (Tom Condon) that reps the Player's Union chief (Vincent)?

P.S. I'm not absolutely certain, but I believe that most deals get done right when they're up against it (in terms of time) or at the very last minute.

#54 said:
Tebucky gets cut...again. What a shocker. :yawn:

Lawyer gets cut. Hope what extra money you made was enough Lawyer, because you ain't gonna get but vet minimum now. Keep an eye on e-bay for his SB rings. ROFL
he Only has 1 (one)

RoadGrader said:
does anyone know what the Lawyer Milloy release today represents in the total $$ he made for his tenure with the Bills.....as opposed to what he may have made (+ additional SB ring) by staying with the Pats?

RG is too: lazy / dumb / tired to look this up tonight and would appreciate any help on the subject

I think the total contract was for 15 million, that total includes a 5 million dollar signing bonus. Counting the bonus I'm pretty sure he made 11.25 million over three years (3.75 million per year).

I don't think he would have made nearly that much in New England, he would have made 3 million in '03 and probably been released after that season. After that who knows what he would have made. Whether you like the guy or not he probably did make a few million more by refusing the pay cut in New England.

Undertaker #59 said:
Wow....

If he was willing after not receiving much in offers in the open market, would you want Milloy back with the Pats in a rotation at safety?

Been thinking that thought all morning.

We need a safety that can hit.

Lawyer is way too slow to keep up with people and I saw his backside chasing dudes into the endzone plenty enough the past 2 years.

He can certainly hit though.

Personally, I don't like the man. I was more than happy that he was banished to the land of a single stoplight. I had an issue with him at a private party in Boston nightclub a few years back and he was just a &%$# plain and simple. Lost all respect for him after that night.

But I can put aside my disrespect for him if he can knock a few rec. on their arses.

But I think he's done.

Benign Despot said:
"A negative leader" was the quote from Patriot Reign I think...

In a word, No.
Some people felt that way, but others didn't. He was one of the captains in 2001 and I really don't think the team couldn't done what it did if he was a negative leader.

That being said, I wouldn't bother unless the safety market was really bad. Why risk possible drama?

I wouldn't be shocked to see LM back - LM just won't get his preferred price if he does (this is one area that I do think BB's a Machiavellian).

The one thing that stood out to me about LM off-the-field was that he often ran hot, or had the tendency to become emotional. He was the type to speak first and think second.

He never had any fear of speaking his mind, too, on almost any subject (I remember the first day Grey Reugamer was in the lockerroom, and it was during the open-locker room period. LM walked up to him, without introducing himself and asked GR: "So, are you the guy who bit off (sheep) testicles?").

Not to speak for BB, but what I think he was referring to was Lawyer questioning authority. LM had a very strong personality and was very influential with his teammates. I don't think he was liked universally, but he nonetheless had a very good core of supporters in the lockerroom and because the potential for widening chasm existed.

BB and LM must have had a good relationship at one time. Where it all started to go downhill remains a very good question.

Pats247 said:
I think the total contract was for 15 million, that total includes a 5 million dollar signing bonus. Counting the bonus I'm pretty sure he made 11.25 million over three years (3.75 million per year).

I don't think he would have made nearly that much in New England, he would have made 3 million in '03 and probably been released after that season. After that who knows what he would have made. Whether you like the guy or not he probably did make a few million more by refusing the pay cut in New England.
thanks Pats247.....

I couldn't remember how much of a signing bonus he received, although I thought it was fairly generous.

I would say he made out pretty well considering he lost out on at least 1 more ring if he had stayed here. I don't begrudge him the $$ but thought he owed the Pats a more class parting of the ways than he provided from his side of things.

I'm thinking he was one of the prominent / repetitive kool-aide spokesmen of the philosophy of " BB putting us [players] into the right position to make plays".

well Lawyer, doing so gave you rep, which made you $$ :spank:

RoadGrader said:
thanks Pats247.....

I couldn't remember how much of a signing bonus he received, although I thought it was fairly generous.

I would say he made out pretty well considering he lost out on at least 1 more ring if he had stayed here. I don't begrudge him the $$ but thought he owed the Pats a more class parting of the ways than he provided from his side of things.

I'm thinking he was one of the prominent / repetitive kool-aide spokesmen of the philosophy of " BB putting us [players] into the right position to make plays".

well Lawyer, doing so gave you rep, which made you $$ :spank:

I always liked Milloy as a player but I was pretty disgusted when he talked about the "family" atmosphere in Buffalo when he had only been there for three days. Looks like the Bills ended up treating him the same way the Patriots did, they cut him loose when his performance no longer justified his salary.

grogsox said:
Anyone think Stephen Davis would fit in as insurance for Corey Dillon? Too expensive? To injured? I think he is (was) an awesome talent and I'd take a chance on him if the price was right.

I would rather see the Patriots get Sam Madison and Trevor Pryce. Another veteran in the secondary and some depth up front would be great.:patriots:

Dan's quote:
BB and LM must have had a good relationship at one time. Where it all started to go downhill remains a very good question.

I believe the question of where it all started to slide has been statistically documented in Michaels Holley's "Patriot Reign".

Milloy just plain didn't produce any numbers in '02 and BB wasn't going to pay him 5 or 6 mill to underproduce.

His int's, fumbles forced, sacks, tackles and passes defensed has fallen out of sight.

He was a big time hitter and a big reason why they won SB XXXVI.

He was done after that as a top tier player, and will never be back in NE IMHO.

I agree completely about his never returning to the Patriots, With the exception of retiring as a patriot. I think he may some day ask for that.

Back