Let's talk about the weather

This mornings forecast still showing big snow totals
View attachment 9228

I’m on the 18-24/24” line. Hoping for a lot; my eight year old son can’t wait to go sledding.

Personally, I’m looking forward to taking my snowmobile out; barely ridden much in the past 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And we're definitely in the 24+" zone (but of course, who knows)?

I'm just happy my snowblower is up and running.

I admit to bias. Biddeford were our rivals in HS football.

Right next Alfred. Can't remember a scout camp there. Must have been where now a group of retired Catholic priest have a community by Shaker Pond.
two questions-

where did you go to HS

what year did you graduate

I was South Portland class of '82, Biddeford was our biggest rival too. They owned football, we owned basketball. Finally beat them in Biddeford to make it to the state final only to get smoked by Bangor.

I am forecasted to receive 65-70 MPH winds in blizzard conditions here on The Olde OuterMost Cape of Cod tomorrow

ssCapture.JPG

It has been my greatest & most glorious pleasure to have been in the company of you all here (well....most of you anyway 🙃) for lo, these many years

I leave you w/ this final word so please think of me fondly after I'm gone, will you?......

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,

To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

I am forecasted to receive 65-70 MPH winds in blizzard conditions here on The Olde OuterMost Cape of Cod tomorrow

View attachment 9229

It has been my greatest & most glorious pleasure to have been in the company of you all here (well....most of you anyway 🙃) for lo, these many years

I leave you w/ this final word so please think of me fondly after I'm gone, will you?......
Hang on tight. :coffee:

Love It.

Seriously, as a Gloucester boy, it showed up in English class constantly and year in and oyt.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLXNyhG4CGk

Last edited:
I’m on the 18-24/24” line. Hoping for a lot; my eight year old son can’t wait to go sledding.

Personally, I’m looking forward to taking my snowmobile out; barely ridden much in the past 3-4 years.

You need to trailer that machine up here. Some of the best snowmobiling trails in Maine are up here. Seriously

You need to trailer that machine up here. Some of the best snowmobiling trails in Maine are up here. Seriously
Absolutely! I grew up in front of a lake. It was wonderful. And when winter is gone you can do those same trails with an ATV. Some of the best trails you will find will be here.

two questions-

where did you go to HS

what year did you graduate

I was South Portland class of '82, Biddeford was our biggest rival too. They owned football, we owned basketball. Finally beat them in Biddeford to make it to the state final only to get smoked by Bangor.
Went to Sanford HS 1964. We played Biddeford every Veterans Day, no matter what day of the week it was. We did play SP every year. The was a Catholic HS in Biddeford, St Louis, that was always a powerhouse and we played them every year. Finally won 20-19 my senior year.

Went to Sanford HS 1964. We played Biddeford every Veterans Day, no matter what day of the week it was. We did play SP every year. The was a Catholic HS in Biddeford, St Louis, that was always a powerhouse and we played them every year. Finally won 20-19 my senior year.
I LOVE Sanford, such a beautiful area. Don't remember the Catholic school there but our biggest rival on the court was Chevrus. Always took great satisfaction in beating those guys with their inner-city recruits from Boston and New York.

Oh, I’ve been up there quite a bit. Caribou, Millinocket, etc. I used to go up that way every February with my dad and his buddies on week-long snowmobile trips .

What sled do you own?

Back