Let's talk about the weather

The coldest I been in was -40 without the wind chill, my mom it was minus 60 with the wind chill. Mimi, you?

No schools closed here however, there is a 2 hour delay.
you guys would 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 at us in OH. they call schools for cold all the time. i never heard of that until recently. and kids aren't ever waiting for the bus by themselves anyway anymore. they're in their house or in the parent's car. none of this happened when i was growing up though.

you guys would 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 at us in OH. they call schools for cold all the time. i never heard of that until recently. and kids aren't ever waiting for the bus by themselves anyway anymore. they're in their house or in the parent's car. none of this happened when i was growing up though.
Schools rarely close back home to weather. One winter it was about -10 ish. The only reason school was delayed was due to the pipes. Not closed but delayed. LOLOLOLOLOL

I believe the coldest was -48 (no wind chill). You know, at some point, your snot is gonna freeze - just depends how cold it is to make it happen faster
Exactly. And the road trips where you needed to go and your mom would stop the car so you could go. To which, you no longer needed to go. LOLOLOL

i had no idea alaska has that little "tail" by british columbia that contains juneau. you learn something new every day.

One of my brothers lives in Juneau. They're at 58 degrees North latitude, but are generally more temperate than
you might expect due to the ocean influence.

Not this year, though. I talked to him the other day and they had 97 inches of snow so far this winter season, which
is almost double their normal amount by this time.

So, he claims he had 7 feet of snow along the sides of his driveway until it just rained 5 inches and then refroze.

So, I'm not going to worry about a foot and a half or whatever. I really like a good storm now and then and it's
been a long time since we've had a lot of powdery/fluffy snow which is what they're saying to expect.

Sometimes it's unbelievably beautiful, so I'll hope for the best.

Notice since the Blizzard of 78 the Boston stations all report the end of mankind whenever a snowstorm is forecast? We haven't seen temps out of the teens in 2 weeks out here. Overnight is teens below zero. Getting used to when the temp goes up 28 degrees since you got up and it now 15 degrees out..

Notice since the Blizzard of 78 the Boston stations all report the end of mankind whenever a snowstorm is forecast? We haven't seen temps out of the teens in 2 weeks out here. Overnight is teens below zero. Getting used to when the temp goes up 28 degrees since you got up and it now 15 degrees out..
agree! I think they are so afraid of being wrong if the say it won't be much, folks don't prepare, then we get walloped. Can't remember the last time a storm even lived up to the forecast, let alone exceeded it.

College, Blacksburg Virginia. late 70's. Classes canceled. A group of us trekked down to the science building which had equipment that registered all kinds of things.
It was maybe a 3/4 mile trek. Anyone with facial hair had ice formed.

The instrument registered -40 degrees.
My coldest experience.

But when it warmed up a couple of days later, we made lots of money cutting and hauling away downed tree limbs.

Last edited:
T-shirt weather! That's how it feels when we go from -15 to +15, man that is so warm............lol.

Damn its 68 inside my house and I have to put a sweater on.
68? What are you, a lumberjack?

In all seriousness, to this point we've had one of the longest stretches of true cold air in over us that I can remember in all the years I've lived here.

On a more current note, some of the forecasters are suggesting 2 feet in Eastern MA and a lot of high wind.

Bring it, we've seen worse.

One of my brothers lives in Juneau. They're at 58 degrees North latitude, but are generally more temperate than
you might expect due to the ocean influence.

Not this year, though. I talked to him the other day and they had 97 inches of snow so far this winter season, which
is almost double their normal amount by this time.

So, he claims he had 7 feet of snow along the sides of his driveway until it just rained 5 inches and then refroze.

So, I'm not going to worry about a foot and a half or whatever. I really like a good storm now and then and it's
been a long time since we've had a lot of powdery/fluffy snow which is what they're saying to expect.

Sometimes it's unbelievably beautiful, so I'll hope for the best.
My daughter lives in Watertown NY a foot of snow is flurries lol.

~Dee~

Back