Leveon Bell cut by Jests... worth a look?

D2maine

Reaction score
worth it only after he clears waivers...

Edit does not go through waivers 1 year prove it deal - kick those tires bill

Last edited:

chevss454

Running up the score and loving it
Reaction score
worth it only after he clears waivers...

Edit does not go through waivers 1 year prove it deal - kick those tires bill
As I understand the situation, the Jets are already paying him $6M for the rest of the season with a set-off clause. If a team signs him for minimum, that amount comes off the Jets debt to him. Jets took a huge hit on cap to get rid of him.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
ugh, that was not a good get by the nyj. wasn't there some comments by gase early on that l.b. was overpaid? shortest honeymoon since anna nicole and her 342,988 year old mr.! 😄

Pape

Reaction score
His style doesn't fit what we do. We don't need him.
If we add someone it should be a TE, LB or WR.
a three down, pass catching back doesn't fit what we do? of course he fits

The only thing needed in some perspective on what kind of contract he will be looking for... A 9m+ deal isn't going to cut it... but if he is willing to take less, its worth bringing him in

Coltsfan2theend

Semi Pro Sharp Shooter in Training
Reaction score
I think anyone would be a look at the right price, as long as they know what they are worth. Example would be Kap. I wouldn't pay him starter money right out of the gate. I would pay low and add performance bonuses on a one year contract. Play good, get paid good. Play bad, your butt is gone after the contract is out. On the other hand, I would pay start player money to someone cut by a team either.

Pape

Reaction score
it doesn't hurt to look... if it looks like he has some steps left, then its worth it to sign him, just to deny his services to the other teams out there looking for help, KC & Buffalo included

D2maine

Reaction score
His style doesn't fit what we do. We don't need him.
If we add someone it should be a TE, LB or WR.
If there is anything left in his tank he would instantly be the best rb on this team. What don't you like about his style?

He runs at a plus level, catches at a plus level, and blocks at a plus level. If(big if) he is still that guy he Damm sure fits what the pats do.

Get him on the typical BB prove it deal you do it. If he works out great if not you move on..

Last edited:

Alk

Taking Crazy Pills
Reaction score
If there is anything left in his tank he would instantly be the best rb on this team. What don't you like about his style?

He runs at a plus level, catches at a plus level, and blocks at a plus level. If(big if) he is still that guy he Damm sure fits what the pats do.

Get him on the typical BB prove it deal you do it. If he works out great if not you move on..
Which of our high character RBs do you get rid of? The answer to me is none of them.