Looking at the Patriots - 2018

Dez keeps talking like he joining the pats . I guess he taking the lavar ball appoach

I saw this today. Do you think criticism of Matt Patricia is revisionist history now that he's gone? Not me. I was never a fan of Patricia's passive philosophy. How many times did we complain about the defense during his tenure?! I jumped for joy when he got the Lions job.

Doug Kyed‏Verified account @DougKyed <small class="time"> </small>
There's a weird revisionist history among some Patriots fans about Matt Patricia being a bad DC in NE since he left/Super Bowl XLII.
Patriots made four Super Bowls, won two in his 8-year tenure as DC. They finished outside the Top 10 in fewest points allowed only once (2011).

My argument
Fewest points don't tell the whole story. Keeping points off the board is the goal, but turnovers forced, sack rate, run stuffs, tackles for loss, and getting off the field on 3rd down are also important considerations for how good a defense is. Overall aggressiveness was lacking and complained about by fans throughout his tenure. I'd add that offensive ball control helped considerably. Fans didn't like his defenses & it's easy to see why. There was nothing about Patricia's defenses that scared opposing offenses. That's not revisionist even a little bit.

I always said giving up points Is not the end all. Most teams want it to be a low scoring game vs the pats, so them driving 7 minute drives and getting 3 points still hurts us, because our offense, the ones that put up our points is not on the field for 7 minutes. It makes the game where you have to be perfect, that is what other teams want. Not to mention a team that does not turn the ball over is not going to give up a lot of points like Tommy said. So sorry, giving up points is nice, but you also need a freaking 3 and out every once in awhile, a punt here and there, and Gasp! A turnover.

The pats didn't exactly face a hall of fame lineup of quarterbacks last year, and teams consistently moved the ball on them. It's been a problem on and off for years, but last season it reached hopefully it's peak, during the AFC championship and super bowl. I certainly didn't shed any tears with Patricia leaving, but in my opinion it's a blight, probably the only one on BBs coaching career. He knew the problems this def faced going into the Super Bowl, and still fowles threw for 500 plus yards....... it would not have taken much to win that game. Probably any def in the league could have at least shown up and won that game with what the offense did. I've said it before I don't want to hear about injuries when a guy who was good enough to start all year was riding the bench. Jeez I need to take a deep breath just thinking about it. Hopefully the last game is a start to a new trend.

Givaways:

2018 - 3 (t-28th) :coffee:

Nicely done (although one of those was on ST, when Former Patriot Riley McCarron tried to catch a punt with his facemask). :coffee:

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Pats just can’t find #5 WR they like Fowler just got cut .

I for one, am unconcerned as to who the #5 WR is. Just like I'm unconcerned as to who the #9 DL is.

If you're digging into that dumpster, you're pretty much fucked anyway.

Nicely done (although one of those was on ST, when Former Patriot Riley McCarron tried to catch a punt with his facemask). :coffee:

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I for one, am unconcerned as to who the #5 WR is. Just like I'm unconcerned as to who the #9 DL is.

If you're digging into that dumpster, you're pretty much fucked anyway.
I been impressed by D-line play . I was just surprised Derek Rivers was inactive.

Britt coming in for a workout. Could be resigned if healthy . Could this mean Coleman time in new England over.

Britt coming in for a workout. Could be resigned if healthy . Could this mean Coleman time in new England over.

Don't think so. I think they can keep both of them. Cannon should be back next week, so Croston would go back to the PS.

That makes sense he’s been inactive for now both games . Jackson did have better preseason . Coleman could still be odd man out when Edelman returns

Looks like wise was only blight spot of last years draft failure . Rivers is inactive for 2nd straight

Back