Looking at the Patriots - 2019

Mushing the shit outta this team. Damn!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8n_XM6udeyY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^

Does it really matter? It's not like they're just playing well, they are decimating teams. I saw another stat, opponent red zone efficiency against the Pats this year is at 16%. The best RZ defensive team last year was Philly at 44%.

Funny how people(not you) include Darnold as part of the sucky QB group when those same people were singing his praises after his game against Dallas, and some brave souls even picked the Jets to upset. But now he sucks and is lumped in with the Keenums and Rosens of the world.

On a side note, I absolutely love that this Defense is being doubted because of who they played, I'm sure it helps with motivation.

100% agree. Even Keenum lit up the Eagles. And yes Darnold did some damage to the Cowboys D.

Disrespecting any Patriot team usually doesn't work out well for the rest of the league.

Just had a thought that over the years, Defenses have been given nicknames like the Purple People Eaters, the Steel Curtain, Legion of Boom, NY Sack Exchange, Doomsday D, Killer B's, Orange Crush among others. Why no name for the Pats?

100% agree. Even Keenum lit up the Eagles. And yes Darnold did some damage to the Cowboys D.

Disrespecting any Patriot team usually doesn't work out well for the rest of the league.

Just had a thought that over the years, Defenses have been given nicknames like the Purple People Eaters, the Steel Curtain, Legion of Boom, NY Sack Exchange, Doomsday D, Killer B's, Orange Crush among others. Why no name for the Pats?

They do. They call themselves the Boogeymen.

435434-20;1571769093t.jpg

So does this chart really quantify how good the Pats are or how bad the Pats opponent QB's are? I mean Big Ben, Darnold twice, Josh Allen, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick/Josh Rosen and Daniel Jones aren't exactly upper half of the league QB's.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

It shows they are markedly better playing against the rest of the league, so they aren’t as stiff-ish as the stats against us make them out to be.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8n_XM6udeyY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol!

But man, you got an odd playlist!

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Dude?

Where ya been?

Fvcking Rip Van Winkle?

You can try and morph your game plan week to week to keep it hard to predict ,. Or you can just dump and juggle personnel. Haha..popcorn

You can try and morph your game plan week to week to keep it hard to predict ,. Or you can just dump and juggle personnel. Haha..popcorn

One of the hallmarks of the Patriots that NFL experts constantly find mind boggling is that BB morphs his game plans specifically for each opponent. No one else in the league does that to the extent that BB does that.

DThomas was "dumped" because he didn't play well enough to earn a spot on this team. Bennett was "dumped" because he wasn't happy with his role as a 3rd down pass rusher in the Pats' 3-4 D as well as the $2.5M cap savings the Pats gained. He didn't want to do his job. He fits better with the Cowboys' 4-3 defense.

"Dumping" those two doesn't make morphing the game plan each week any harder for BB since neither one made any difference whatsoever in how this team performs.

Road dogs are winning on a blistering pace, 45-23-2 (64.3%) against the spread through seven weeks. That mark is also the highest rate in the 2000s. We keep waiting for home field to come into play for the 2019 season, but through seven weeks, there’s been no place like the road… …Unless You’re the Patriots

Playing anywhere has been fruitful for the Patriots, but they are on one of the hottest homes streaks in the league. Starting 3-0 at home this season, the Patriots have now won 19 consecutive games at Gillette Stadium. The next closest current home winning streak ongoing in the NFL is just three games.
That 19-game home winning streak is tied for the fourth-best since the NFL merger and is just two wins short of matching the Patriots’ franchise record set over the 2002-2005 seasons.

The Patriots aren’t undefeated against the spread in those games, but are a league-best 15-4 against the line over that stretch and are 7-2 against the line as double-digit-point favorites over that winning streak.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/odds-trends-week-8/

Bored on a Friday afternoon and did a little google search on boogeymen. Here are a couple of select meanings that seemed appropo:

1. Boogeyman in England
    AKA: Bogeyman, Bogieman, Boogie Man, Bogy, Bugbear
    A shadowy, amorphous ghost who hides in dark places in order to frighten unsuspecting victims.
  2. Bokkenrijders in Netherlands I like this one with goat reference
    The Bokkenrijders or “buck riders” are ghost thieves who ride flying goats. They were a legend created by actual bands of thieves in the 18th century to intimidate and terrorize local farming communities.
    Bokkenrijders.png
  3. Sack Man in Spain
    AKA: Hombre del Saco, Hombre del Costal, Homem do Saco, El Roba-chicos
    Other known whereabouts: most of southern Europe and Latin America
    An ugly, gaunt man, Hombre del Saco is said to kidnap naughty children in broad daylight and carry them away in a sack. Depending on regional variants, he either sells the children or eats them. In some cultures a figure like Sack Man works as Saint Nicholas’ evil sidekick.

More found here, but these were among the best: https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/halloween-2014/

4. Boogeymen: Foxboro MA - a collection of impressive athletic players on defense that wreck havoc on opposing offenses, culminating in a highlight effort that left the New York Jets quarterback submitting the year to date worst performance on national TV, punctuated with said player muttering to himself on the sidelines “I see ghosts.”

I like this one.

4. Boogeymen: Foxboro MA - a collection of impressive athletic players on defense that wreck havoc on opposing offenses, culminating in a highlight effort that left the New York Jets quarterback submitting the year to date worst performance on national TV, punctuated with said player muttering to himself on the sidelines “I see ghosts.”

I like this one.

The best one yet!

Back