Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Hopefully Bryd , Ford or Harry can step up to give Newton another reiable target. Go back to old days killing teams with play actions passes.

Yeah, that’s not what happened.
Meyers made a mistake, if I recall. I don’t recall if he ran the wrong route or dropped a pass, but after that happened, Brady refused to look in his direction from that point onwards.

Brady retarded Meyer’s growth, from not participating in OTA’s to refusing to throw to him after he made one mistake.
Like it or not, Brady tended to close out WRs that made a mistake.
If only he could have gotten past that last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Myers looked like a lost rookie at times in regular season. Your right if Brady didn't trust you were not seeing targets.

Myers looked like a lost rookie at times in regular season. Your right if Brady didn't trust you were not seeing targets.
Exactly. He was an undrafted rookie. Not surprising Brady was looking at Edelman and Gordon and Dorsett before him. That being said, Meyers made an impression last year and Brady was going to him until Harry came back and he was taken off the field. That was a mistake by the coaching staff. And they did the same this year as Harry was getting the reps until the concussion and that is when Meyers started to shine. Hopefully they don't try to keep forcing Harry because Bill wants to pretend his first round pick wasn't a bust and they keep Meyers in the starting line up. Like Chevvs said, I don't even want Edelman taking Meyers spot at this point.

Right now Cam is ignoring everyone except for Meyers and I am completely fine with that. You throw to the guys who are producing. That is the QBs job.

Playoffs!?!?!

Yes. Way out in front of my ski's I am sure you all agree, but what are the chances and best paths to the playoffs fro the patriots at this point? Can they control their own Destiney? If yes, is that a pipe dream?

Is it nuts to even ask this?

Thoughts?

Yeah, that’s not what happened.
Meyers made a mistake, if I recall. I don’t recall if he ran the wrong route or dropped a pass, but after that happened, Brady refused to look in his direction from that point onwards.

Brady retarded Meyer’s growth, from not participating in OTA’s to refusing to throw to him after he made one mistake.
Like it or not, Brady tended to close out WRs that made a mistake.
If only he could have gotten past that last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember in the Houston game that Brady wanted Meyers to GO but Meyers came back instead. Brady threw the ball for the GO and he was pissed on the sidelines at all the receivers.
In that game Meyers had 9 targets so it's not as if Brady cut him off; it was Harry that Brady cut off after Harry didn't use his body to screen a defender and the pass was intercepted. That was in the same game, a loss to Houston, 28-22. You can read about it here. --> Tom Brady, Patriots can’t finish comeback in 28-22 loss to Texans

FWIW I think he's going to be quite good.
Humor me a little? What do you see? Sometimes I feel like they are bringing him along slow even while he is playing. From what I see he a great blocker but that won't be good enough for a 1st round pick.

Back