Looking at the Patriots - 2020

The Pats had 8 Opt out including some big time players. Hands down the most in the league. The next closest was 5. And this all happened right before the season started.
I

Last edited:
There really are not very many posters on this forum anymore. Check out Patsfan and you will see a lot more.

I don't care for Patsfan so I don't go there, likely for that reason. But I'm in many football groups and run one on FB and I've seen little negativity.

Sounds like there are a bunch of ungrateful, instant gratification folks on that board if that's case.

I don't care for Patsfan so I don't go there, likely for that reason. But I'm in many football groups and run one on FB and I've seen little negativity.

Sounds like there are a bunch of ungrateful, instant gratification folks on that board if that's case.
Expecting Bill to compete this season is not being ungrateful. That's his job as GM.

It was too late by the opt-outs. But he could have signed guys in March and April and pushed their contracts out like the Chiefs did. This isn't hard. We have a ton of money next year and the year after. Bill has done that in the past. He decided to punt on this season which is not acceptable to many fans.

That is what other teams do to win now. load up for a run or 2 then suffer the consequences of pushing cap hits out.

Bill has done it in recent years because he knew he would only have Tom for a short while as he wanted to move on so he loaded up, won a SB and this year they paid the cap price. Bill is resetting the cap for long term success.

I love what he is doing.

Expecting Bill to compete this season is not being ungrateful. That's his job as GM.

Well, he tried with ea had to work with which ended up being decimated.

His job as GM is maximum success for the maximum amount of time and that's what he is doing.

That is what other teams do to win now. load up for a run or 2 then suffer the consequences of pushing cap hits out.

Bill has done it in recent years because he knew he would only have Tom for a short while as he wanted to move on so he loaded up, won a SB and this year they paid the cap price. Bill is resetting the cap for long term success.

I love what he is doing.
Who said anything about loading up? How about just improve the worst skill positions in the league?

Bill has never loaded up in the past. That is a myth he has tried to perpetuate to cover for this season. We have not signed any high profile FAs the last 6 years save for Gilmore. He was not even paying the GOAT as he was a team friendly deal since 2013. What he has done is pay high end contracts to aging vets without replacing them with younger talent in the draft. That is why the cap is so high this year. It is from his mis-management not because he went "all in."

Who said anything about loading up? How about just improve the worst skill positions in the league?

Bill has never loaded up in the past. That is a myth he has tried to perpetuate to cover for this season. We have not signed any high profile FAs the last 6 years save for Gilmore. He was not even paying the GOAT as he was a team friendly deal since 2013. What he has done is pay high end contracts to aging vets without replacing them with younger talent in the draft. That is why the cap is so high this year. It is from his mis-management not because he went "all in."
On the first point, I've addressed that, with what money?

On the second point I didn't say Bill loaded up I was getting at that pushed contracts into the future to win now because Brady was still here. Paying the the price for that now, this year.

Don't think it's hard to understand.

If I had to guess and it is truly just a guess but you are butthurt and emotional over Bill wanting to move on from your binky. Sorry if that's not accurate. Not in yer head. Just certainly seems that way by your posts.

On the first point, I've addressed that, with what money?

On the second point I didn't say Bill loaded up I was getting at that pushed contracts into the future to win now because Brady was still here. Paying the the price for that now, this year.

Don't think it's hard to understand.

If I had to guess and it is truly just a guess but you are butthurt and emotional over Bill wanting to move on from your binky. Sorry if that's not accurate. Not in yer head. Just certainly seems that way by your posts.
What contracts did he push into the future for Brady? Please list them. What big name FAs did he sign besides Brown last year which he was desperate to sign because the WR corp was so putrid because he has not drafted any WRs or TEs.

Bill did not move on from Brady. Brady left as a FA because our team was so putrid. Easily the smartest move of his career. Reports said Bill was actually surprised Brady left as he figured Brady would play on crap deals with crap skill guys forever. Now we are all seeing just how bad this roster was/is with a different QB.

What contracts did he push into the future for Brady? Please list them. What big name FAs did he sign besides Brown last year which he was desperate to sign because the WR corp was so putrid because he has not drafted any WRs or TEs.

Bill did not move on from Brady. Brady left as a FA because our team was so putrid. Easily the smartest move of his career. Reports said Bill was actually surprised Brady left as he figured Brady would play on crap deals with crap skill guys forever. Now we are all seeing just how bad this roster was/is with a different QB.

Bill has been pushing contracts forward for few years with restructurings of vets and the such. I will look into which one's later but it's obvious with 34.5 million in dead cap space this year and I'll give you one, TB12 who accounted for 13.5 million dead space this year to keep him here for 1 more run.

And Bill wanted to move on from Brady several years ago (year too early rather than a year too late, right?) but Bob put the kibosh on that. And that was big reason The Tom and Gisele's wanted outta dodge. The writing was on the wall.

I don't mean to be a jerk, I really don't but you are total Brady rumpswab and I don't think you are seeing things objectively, meaning as they are..

Bill has been pushing contracts forward for few years with restructurings of vets and the such. I will look into which one's later but it's obvious with 34.5 million in dead cap space this year and I'll give you one, TB12 who accounted for 13.5 million dead space this year to keep him here for 1 more run.

And Bill wanted to move on from Brady several years ago (year too early rather than a year too late, right?) but Bob put the kibosh on that. And that was big reason The Tom and Gisele's wanted outta dodge. The writing was on the wall.

I don't mean to be a jerk, I really don't but you are total Brady rumpswab and I don't think you are seeing things objectively, meaning as they are..
Again, please list them. I agree about the aging vets which is why we are in the cap situation we are in because they are on high end contracts with no youth behind them which you seem to conveniently ignore every time you post. Bill's drafts have been awful for several years now. Brady was always going to have a dead cap hit whenever he left/retired and he played on team friendly deals since 2013. This putrid roster is 100 percent on Bill as he has left us with $1 mil Cam and the worst skill positions of any team. Normally when a team is in cap hell it is because they have a ton of talent on the team that team cannot pay anymore. Yet we are just the opposite. No talent and STILL at the cap. That is the mismanagement that Bill keeps trying to cover up.

If Bill did want to move on he was absolutely wrong on his "year too early, year too late" philosophy because we went to 3 SBs in a row from 2016-2018 and would have won all 3 if Bill did not bench Butler vs the Eagles.

Really surprised you devolved into an ad hominem attack. I thought you were above that as we have had some good conovs on here.

Again, please list them. I agree about the aging vets which is why we are in the cap situation we are in because they are on high end contracts with no youth behind them which you seem to conveniently ignore every time you post. Bill's drafts have been awful for several years now. Brady was always going to have a dead cap hit whenever he left/retired and he played on team friendly deals since 2013. This putrid roster is 100 percent on Bill as he has left us with $1 mil Cam and the worst skill positions of any team. Normally when a team is in cap hell it is because they have a ton of talent on the team that team cannot pay anymore. Yet we are just the opposite. No talent and STILL at the cap. That is the mismanagement that Bill keeps trying to cover up.

If Bill did want to move on he was absolutely wrong on his "year too early, year too late" philosophy because we went to 3 SBs in a row from 2016-2018 and would have won all 3 if Bill did not bench Butler vs the Eagles.

Really surprised you devolved into an ad hominem attack. I thought you were above that as we have had some good conovs on here.

On the phone with my mom at the moment. So I'll get back in a bit.

But I really didn't think it was an ad hominem, character attack as I provided a reason I thought so. Sorry that it came across that way.

On the phone with my mom at the moment. So I'll get back in a bit.

But I really didn't think it was an ad hominem, character attack as I provided a reason I thought so. Sorry that it came across that way.
LOL. Calling someone a rumpswap is pretty much the definition of an ad hominem attack. But no worries. I will await your response on the roster.

LOL. Calling someone a rumpswap is pretty much the definition of an ad hominem attack. But no worries. I will await your response on the roster.

i actually just think of the rumpswab thing as someone that pulls for someone no matter what. Maybe I should look up the definition. :)

LOL.

Your hatred of BB and your idol worship of Brady has truly warped your knowledge of the last year+.

BB has known for over a year that Brady was out. The writing was on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back