Looking at the Patriots - 2021

3. Offseason program: One member of the Patriots who has been at voluntary offseason workouts estimates that more than 50 players have been present. Since players arrive at different times over the course of the day, it's a series of small groups, but one common thread that was relayed was that it has helped establish a competitive culture in the weight room. Longtime captain Matthew Slater, who in some ways is the heartbeat of the locker room, is the longest tenured player on the roster, and he's been a regular. Slater is scheduled to answer questions from reporters on Tuesday.

5. Bledsoe's evaluation: Groh highlighted tape of Missouri safety Joshuah Bledsoe, one of the team's sixth-round picks, and noted how scouts' evaluations were aided by seeing the former basketball point guard match up against top players regularly without a lot of help -- from showing situational awareness on a fourth-down, game-winning play against LSU receiver Terrace Marshall, to defending Florida's Kadarius Toney (receiver) and Kyle Pitts (tight end) and Alabama receivers Jaylen Waddle and DeVonta Smith. "They asked this guy to cover everybody," Groh said. "That's great in us trying to make our evaluation on a player to see him against the guys that are going to be in the NFL."

6. Rookie blackout: The Patriots are scheduled to hold their rookie minicamp May 14-16, but it won't be open to non-team-employed reporters. Some teams open their camps to reporters, but Belichick -- who isn't one to promote the hype -- is happy to keep it behind closed doors.

To be fair, nobody succeeds in Motown. As long as the Fords are the owners, the lions are doomed. Trust me, I live here and I watch it.
We have friends from the Detroit area (Canton) we've become close to vacationing in FL, and they say virtually the same exact thing. Every time I make a feeble attempt at cheering them up, they react nearly exactly as you did!

We have friends from the Detroit area (Canton) we've become close to vacationing in FL, and they say virtually the same exact thing. Every time I make a feeble attempt at cheering them up, they react nearly exactly as you did!
Yeah, It is a "thing" here to be a long suffering Lions fan. I am from Lowell MA so I just observe it and SMH. Canton is across town from me. Maybe about 40 mins.

Interesting pick up. More interesting that the Jets let him walk. Hopefully he's able to make some plays. I think he's a massive upgrade from Bentley.

Interesting pick up. More interesting that the Jets let him walk. Hopefully he's able to make some plays. I think he's a massive upgrade from Bentley.

Always liked Langi. Isn't he the guy who was rear ended while turning off RT 1 into Gillette?

Last edited:
This is interesting as Washington is doing a good job in their building process.

View: https://twitter.com/InsideTheLeague/status/1392155272739758080

The Patriots' new scouting lineup will include Matt Groh as Director of College Scouting (formerly national scout), Steve Cargile as Director of Pro Scouting (formerly pro scout) & Camren Williams as national scout (formerly area scout). Add Matt Evans from the WFT as an area scout. He's the only scout the Pats have from outside the team.
The Panthers stole Dan Morgan from the Bills to be their Asst. GM.

Last edited:
Let's:

1. Bury the Bills
  2. Bash the Browns
  3. Cremate the Cowboys
  4. Javelin the Jags
  5. Suffocate the Saints
  6. Barbecue the Buccs
  7. Trounce the Titans
  8. Jam the Jets
  9. Fillet the Falcons
  10. Pulverise the Panthers