Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Would you look at this. TB12 is 10, Cam is 20 and Mac Jones having never played a down is 30.
Come on Simms, Sam Darnold ahead of Cam?! Tsk, tsk.
Being ranked 10th should put TB12's panties in a wad

E4nDSEvXMAUOeHp

Sounds win-win. Don't see how any QB can perfrom better with better WRs and TEs. Already have good RBs, always good for a QB to have for play action and draw plays.

Good article on Pats' TEs. I like that Keene was working with Johnson and the RBs while the TEs worked on route running:

"While the tight ends work on their routes, Dalton Keene is working with Jakob Johnson and the running backs. I’m telling you guys, he’s going to become Josh McDaniels’ version of Kyle Juszczyk."

One scenario which I think is possible/probable is that Mac makes a strong case for the job during August and creates a ton
of pressure and controversy. Bill gives the job to Cam, despite having some doubts, and Mac gets a chance to process real
NFL action for a few more weeks while he continues to calibrate his instruments.

So, Cam eventually drops the baton in week 3 and Bill decides he's seen enough. He's making the change to Mac. He kicks the
little birdie out of the nest and then it's either the hit the ground or take to the sky. Bill has the iron testicles to accept the risk
that it'll be the latter, because he's done it before with somebody else that'll be on that field. Nobody in their right mind would
make that move, of course. Almost nobody. But that is what will happen.

Then it becomes the Greatest Story Ever Told. The Old Sheriff versus the Young Gunslinger. The whole town turns out, including
the women and children, because they refuse to be sent away. Better to watch it and take a chance on catching a stray bullet than
to miss it. It would take an already massively over-hyped game and turn it up to 11. Eleventy-bazillion.

Of course, in this H73 fantasy exercise Jones performs brilliantly, against all odds, against that very tough Bucs D and everything changes in
one night. Brady performs well in defeat but all the right words are said so more folks understand that sometimes you just have to move on
because nothing stays the same forever. And everybody breathes a small sigh of relief.

One scenario which I think is possible/probable is that Mac makes a strong case for the job during August and creates a ton
of pressure and controversy. Bill gives the job to Cam, despite having some doubts, and Mac gets a chance to process real
NFL action for a few more weeks while he continues to calibrate his instruments.

So, Cam eventually drops the baton in week 3 and Bill decides he's seen enough. He's making the change to Mac. He kicks the
little birdie out of the nest and then it's either the hit the ground or take to the sky. Bill has the iron testicles to accept the risk
that it'll be the latter, because he's done it before with somebody else that'll be on that field. Nobody in their right mind would
make that move, of course. Almost nobody. But that is what will happen.

Then it becomes the Greatest Story Ever Told. The Old Sheriff versus the Young Gunslinger. The whole town turns out, including
the women and children, because they refuse to be sent away. Better to watch it and take a chance on catching a stray bullet than
to miss it. It would take an already massively over-hyped game and turn it up to 11. Eleventy-bazillion.

Of course, in this H73 fantasy exercise Jones performs brilliantly, against all odds, against that very tough Bucs D and everything changes in
one night. Brady performs well in defeat but all the right words are said so more folks understand that sometimes you just have to move on
because nothing stays the same forever. And everybody breathes a small sigh of relief.
Large.

Everybody breathes a large sigh of relief.

That's the best option for Keene . Being used as FB. He will be create mismatch catching pass out of backfield. Can he beat out Johnson at FB. BB usually only carries 6 backs
That's the $64,000 question. BB's been going toward a run-based offense since 2017, and requires a top-notch FB. Keene has the versatility in a number of roles, but first he's gotta be an outstanding blocking FB. I hope to see a lot of him in tc.

Well, Al.....I didn't want anyone to accuse me of being a starry-eyed idealist.

Just keeping it conservative.
We had 20 years of TFB. I'm hooked on that level of QB play. I feel strung out after last year, LOL.

I have hung my hopes on Mac.

That's the best option for Keene . Being used as FB. He will be create mismatch catching pass out of backfield. Can he beat out Johnson at FB. BB usually only carries 6 backs

I don't know much about Keene at all. In College he looked like a pretty good receiver and a tackle-breaking, aggressive runner who was good in space. I did notice
him getting his ass kicked (in a very limited snaps) when tried to block last season and that was concerning. Now, I've heard he might've had a neck problem
which might explain why he seemed hesitant to stick his hat into people. If that really was a factor then maybe he can heal up and learn to do it well enough
to win a job, because we won't keep him if he can't block. Take that to the bank.

Aaron Hernandez, who Keene was compared to during the draft, showed a willingness to improve his blocking and became pretty decent at it before he ended up in a
cell block.

Dalton's a better skill player than Jakob Johnson, for sure, because almost every fullback/H-back you'll see in the NFL has a little better
running ability, speed or hands than try-hard Jakob. Something that can help get a first down or more once in a while.

It's a stretch to say Keene could be a Kyle Juszczyk type. Or a Hernandez type. A big stretch, but maybe he can give us more productivity than Johnson, who nobody bothered
to put a defender on because they knew he couldn't really hurt them.

This seems an appropriate place to drop this...

The Godfather of NFL football, Gil Brandt GUARANTEES that Cam Newton will bounce back BIG this year. He said it on SiriusXM NFL radio.

Back