Looking At The Patriots 2022

I'm absolutely baffled by the lack of run Marcus Jones has gotten, particularly given the trouble Bryant has gotten into. At the very least, punt and kick returns, but at that slot corner as well.

I do love Jack, though.
Bryant is so garbage...maybe BB uses him as a human pinata in coaching class on what NOT to do?

You know it BITCH!

m18zAeCXwwIVQORBXik66tz7K6ePBcWPUtqsE3x2fk4.jpg
I guess, if BB wants the 1st pick next year.

1-18

Mac is panic playing a lot more this year. It's a fact. He's not his usual accurate self. It's a combination of a few things not going right. He's trying to force passes to Parker.

Defenses have studied him more successfully.

He lost McD. Fatty Matty is learning on the fly. Judge too.

Bourne is on BB's shit list. Meyer is hurt.

Oline is hit/miss.

It's a combo of crap. It's not just Mac's fault to be fair. Also, he was most likely playing through a lot of pain. No one would be able to be awesome when you're limited with pain.

I'm trying to be objective and fair...

Last edited:
Mac is panic playing a lot more this year. It's a fact. He's not his usual accurate self. It's a combination of a few things not going right.
Ok. That is a different topic.

He was NEVER CLOSE to being benched.

Benched for who?

If said coach is so great then why have the Pats have so many busts on drafted DBs?
Think you have to give these UDFAs some credit.
And question the scouting staff.
And scouting staff applies league wide.

I think it’s a couple things. Clearly they are good at finding UDFA CBs and coaching them over 1-2 years into elite man corners. This is terrific. Butler, JC, now JonJones.

On the other hand, the scouting criteria used to draft top round corners is broken. A list of a dozen CB draft busts that I won’t list here.

I do think the 2 are disconnected from each other. I wonder if the UDFA system uses BB’s original scouting method (more like his dad’s scouting methods) while the round2 draft busts were all due to the crappy CB draft criteria changes that Caserio and McDaniels implemented back in 2004

Source:

Last edited:
Mac is panic playing a lot more this year. It's a fact. He's not his usual accurate self. It's a combination of a few things not going right. He's trying to force passes to Parker.

Defenses have studied him more successfully.

He lost McD. Fatty Matty is learning on the fly. Judge too.

Bourne is on BB's shit list. Meyer is hurt.

Oline is hit/miss.

It's a combo of crap. It's not just Mac's fault to be fair. Also, he was most likely playing through a lot of pain. No one would be able to be awesome when you're limited with pain.

I'm trying to be objective and fair...

Yes and it’s time to rethink the strategy. Mac leads the NFL in passing yards on 20+ yard throws. But has the worst QB rating in the league, Pats are 1-2, he got hurt 2 weeks in a row, and also 4 of his 5 seasonal INTs were to Parker who is an idiot receiver that doesn’t know the playbook or any audibles.

Mac is an elite game manager QB who should be throwing a ton of quick short precision passes with anticipation. Mac is not ideally suited for this crappy throw it up offensive system that generates a lot of offensive breakdowns.

But, he is
I think it’s a couple things. Clearly they are good at finding UDFA and coaching them over 1-2 years into elite man corners. This is terrific.

On the other hand, the scouting criteria used to draft top round corners is broken. A list of a dozen busts.

I do think the 2 are disconnected from each other. I wonder if the UDFA system uses BB’s original scouting method (more like his dad’s scouting methods) while the round2 draft busts were all due to the crappy CB draft criteria changes that Caserio and McDaniels implemented back in 2004

Source:
It is a very interesting discussion...it's like mysterious even.

How about "the FAs are driven by the scouts and not "management" and therefore it's just football.
They don't get interviewed as much, so again, just football.
For sure...you would have to also include FA's that somehow fell through the cracks as well. Yup.

Back