Looking At The Patriots 2022

Mike Reiss talks makes some sense of this Patriots team

Fj-vqZ8VUAE-cdR

Fj-vqZ9VIAAoKqW

Maybe they could have found a better photo where it didn't look like a holding call in progress
That’s true, too. But I was mostly focused on the fact that it looks like his left hand is taped in a Club some sort.

i'd be open to matty p coming back at oc

IF
the pats get a good, experienced ol coach and a good , experienced qb coach/passing game coach and matty is open to collaboration.

That scenario is essentially waaay too many hands in the pot. It sounds good in theory, but in the application can turn into a shit show very quickly, and we've already got a shit show. We don't need act 2 of it.

That scenario is essentially waaay too many hands in the pot. It sounds good in theory, but in the application can turn into a shit show very quickly, and we've already got a shit show. We don't need act 2 of it.

I think a good QB coach and a smart RZ play coach would be great additions. We had an offensive RZ coach last year who helped us tremendously.

which bothers you? having a qb coach and oc? having a qb coach and a passing game coach?

i'd be open to matty p coming back at oc

IF
the pats get a good, experienced ol coach and a good , experienced qb coach/passing game coach and matty is open to collaboration.
I agree, i just think they need more Help overall. Spreading the coaching to thin IMO

which bothers you? having a qb coach and oc? having a qb coach and a passing game coach?

"Matty is open to collaboration" is really the thing that bothers me. Granted, I don't know the guy personally, but the knock on him at Detroit and just in general (when you hear those "around the game" talk about him) is that he is a "my way or the highway" type of guy. So in other words, he's not wired to "collaborate" with anybody, it's not in him to do that. Just get a real offensive coordinator and be done with it. Is this experiment of trying to cram a square peg into a round hole really worth it? It isn't to me.

"Matty is open to collaboration" is really the thing that bothers me. Granted, I don't know the guy personally, but the knock on him at Detroit and just in general (when you hear those "around the game" talk about him) is that he is a "my way or the highway" type of guy. So in other words, he's not wired to "collaborate" with anybody, it's not in him to do that. Just get a real offensive coordinator and be done with it. Is this experiment of trying to cram a square peg into a round hole really worth it? It isn't to me.
i hear you and if he's not open to it then i'm not married to keeping him. but i would hope if that was an issue with him, he'd have learned his lesson. problem is...who might replace him who would be better? i'd honestly look at detroit's qb coach/offensive staff. campbell is a parcells guy, there could be some areas of familiarity. they have goff playing pretty decent and he's just ok.

Mike Reiss talks makes some sense of this Patriots team

Fj-vqZ8VUAE-cdR

Fj-vqZ9VIAAoKqW

What a disaster to have a crappy OLine and load up on Parker, Thornton, plus Agholor, Meyers, Bourne, Henry, and Jonnu

Can’t do anything without a good OLine

It’s disturbing if their protection schemes are bad. Can’t waste 5 guys to block 3. is that on Andrews ??

What a disaster to have a crappy OLine and load up on Parker, Thornton, plus Agholor, Meyers, Bourne, Henry, and Jonnu

Can’t do anything without a good OLine

It’s disturbing if their protection schemes are bad. Can’t waste 5 guys to block 3. is that on Andrews ??
coaching imo.
most of this year is about coaching imo. not INSTEAD of player failures, but moreso than player failures. and i usually put more burden on players with this team and issues they have. not this year though.

One of the things that potentially worry me about this ordeal would be continuity. We know that BB is calling the shots on offense, so even though Patricia is the defacto OC, BB gives the okay. If an actual coordinator and an actual QBs coach is hired, that would mean Mac having to deal with a new QB/OC coach for the third straight year that might have differing ideas to mechanics, scheme and whatnot. Would that not be the issue that most young, high pick QBs have in bad teams? The coach carousel can't be a good thing. That is my main worry in all of this.

It's not to say I want Patricia to stay as OC, what I mean is just trying to keep Mac from having to figure things out one more year and potentially setting him back again due to having to re-do a lot of things because the new OC inevitably sees things differently. A change has to be made for sure, but my main worry is too drastic of a change to set our young QB back one more time.

One of the things that potentially worry me about this ordeal would be continuity. We know that BB is calling the shots on offense, so even though Patricia is the defacto OC, BB gives the okay. If an actual coordinator and an actual QBs coach is hired, that would mean Mac having to deal with a new QB/OC coach for the third straight year that might have differing ideas to mechanics, scheme and whatnot. Would that not be the issue that most young, high pick QBs have in bad teams? The coach carousel can't be a good thing. That is my main worry in all of this.

It's not to say I want Patricia to stay as OC, what I mean is just trying to keep Mac from having to figure things out one more year and potentially setting him back again due to having to re-do a lot of things because the new OC inevitably sees things differently. A change has to be made for sure, but my main worry is too drastic of a change to set our young QB back one more time.
Agreed. This is a really concern. That is why the search needs to have started already by the front office staff. They need to hit the ground running the day after the Patriots last game. Give as much time as possible to the new OC and the offense to get on the same page.

We can't be screwing with it all spring and summer like we did this season.

I don't think the Patriots will win this Sunday, although they do have a chance. The main reason is that Josh McDaniels was a coach on the Patriots for a long time, and previous Patriots coaches and players, who competed against Belichick as a head coach of a team, beat the Patriots. The current Patriots offensive coach, Matt Patricia, head coached the Detroit Lions, vs. the Patriots, and beat them. Mike Vrabel was a fine Patriots player, back in the day, and head coached against them, for the Tennessee Titans. He led the Titans to a win (or 2), vs. the Patriots. Now, Josh McDaniels is a head coach (again; he beat the Patriots as coach of the Broncos in 2009), and we'll see how the Patriots do against him, this weekend. Sunday. I am rooting for the Patriots, though. The Pats have a chance to be playoff-bound (although they'll be finishing with some tough games, this regular season). I'd also like to wish everyone a happy holiday season!

I don't think the Patriots will win this Sunday, although they do have a chance. The main reason is that Josh McDaniels was a coach on the Patriots for a long time, and previous Patriots coaches and players, who competed against Belichick as a head coach of a team, beat the Patriots. The current Patriots offensive coach, Matt Patricia, head coached the Detroit Lions, vs. the Patriots, and beat them. Mike Vrabel was a fine Patriots player, back in the day, and head coached against them, for the Tennessee Titans. He led the Titans to a win (or 2), vs. the Patriots. Now, Josh McDaniels is a head coach (again; he beat the Patriots as coach of the Broncos in 2009), and we'll see how the Patriots do against him, this weekend. Sunday. I am rooting for the Patriots, though. The Pats have a chance to be playoff-bound (although they'll be finishing with some tough games, this regular season. I'd also like to wish everyone a happy holiday season!

Pats will win by 10, the Raiders aren't very good. They make atrocious mistakes during the games along with back breaking penalties. You can count on at least three stupid penalties in the worst times and McDaniels to crap his pants in the second half like he has most of the year.

Pats will win by 10, the Raiders aren't very good. They make atrocious mistakes during the games along with back breaking penalties. You can count on at least three stupid penalties in the worst times and McDaniels to crap his pants in the second half like he has most of the year.
While that is true, we are making stupid penalties in so many games as well.

#Brownforone

Back