Looking at the Patriots 2023

I think you are delusional if you actually believe that Mac is the biggest problem with this team. It's not, it's so clearly not that's it can't be debated, all you have to do is look at the drafts the last 4 years to acknowledge the talent Bill missed on, and I'm not talking about simply misses, I'm talking about Bill thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Cole Strange 3 rounds before anyone had him projected? Sure, Bill knows what he's doing. 🙄 Tyquan Thorton, trades up for a guy no one had before the 4th round, sure Bill knows what he's doing 👌. The fact is Bill has made so many monumentally awful decisions that have destroyed this team that to try and mount a defensive of them is nothing but a futile effort in fanboyism. In the end, Bill deserved the opportunity to rebuild his way, and the results are irrefutable. It would be simple to blame the QB, and it would be fairly easy to fix, it's also a lie, this team's problems start and end with Bill.
I agree. He needs to go too. But to pretend the QB just 'needz moar time' is equally as silly. The results, as you say, are irrefutable.
Also, fixing the QB is anything but easy.
Also, nothing will be fixed this year. This year is over.

I agree. He needs to go too. But to pretend the QB just 'needz moar time' is equally as silly. The results, as you say, are irrefutable.
Also, fixing the QB is anything but easy.
Also, nothing will be fixed this year. This year is over.
I never said anything about giving Mac more time. He doesn't have enough uo side to warrant it at this point. That said it wouldn't shock me if he goes on to have a fairly long successful career as a journeyman type of QB. Bill did nothing to
increase his chances of success here. It's actually surprising how quickly It all fell apart, I had myself convinced it was going to work, thought Bill would do great with a game manager QB and be able to coach up the rest.

I never said anything about giving Mac more time. He doesn't have enough uo side to warrant it at this point. That said it wouldn't shock me if he goes on to have a fairly long successful career as a journeyman type of QB. Bill did nothing to
increase his chances of success here. It's actually surprising how quickly It all fell apart, I had myself convinced it was going to work, thought Bill would do great with a game manager QB and be able to coach up the rest.
Something changed after that Jets game. The team had played hard in those first 3 games, and if it weren't for the turnovers in the first two games, they could have won all three. I've certainly heard the rumors that you all probably have, related to his teammates not liking him, and the latest one about how "someone in Mac's camp" (whatever that's supposed to mean), saying that, no matter how good you are, you can't make garbage taste good.

I don't think anything good is going to happen for the rest of the year, unless the locker room stuff gets resolved.

Something changed after that Jets game. The team had played hard in those first 3 games, and if it weren't for the turnovers in the first two games, they could have won all three. I've certainly heard the rumors that you all probably have, related to his teammates not liking him, and the latest one about how "someone in Mac's camp" (whatever that's supposed to mean), saying that, no matter how good you are, you can't make garbage taste good.

I don't think anything good is going to happen for the rest of the year, unless the locker room stuff gets resolved.
This. And to Grogan's last post, I agree with that as well - although I disagree at the trajectory of Mac Jones' career. I feel (and still feel), if Mac Jones had been league average, and the defense had stayed healthy, they would have won the division, and in the first couple of games, it really looked like that was the case.

However, 3 weeks later, the defense has lost two of their best players for the year, the rest of the CB room is a MASH unit, and Mac Jones is the worst QB in the league. Belichick is responsible for that, as the guy who runs the operation, and he shouldn't be spared.

This. And to Grogan's last post, I agree with that as well - although I disagree at the trajectory of Mac Jones' career. I feel (and still feel), if Mac Jones had been league average, and the defense had stayed healthy, they would have won the division, and in the first couple of games, it really looked like that was the case.

However, 3 weeks later, the defense has lost two of their best players for the year, the rest of the CB room is a MASH unit, and Mac Jones is the worst QB in the league. Belichick is responsible for that, as the guy who runs the operation, and he shouldn't be spared.

Win the division? I doubt that very much honestly. Ceiling for this team was always 9-10 wins max.

Win the division? I doubt that very much honestly. Ceiling for this team was always 9-10 wins max.
I mean, we'll never know, I thought their ceiling was more like 11-12. Unfortunately, we're going to see how low the floor is.

I never liked Shit Schuster. He played for the Stealers, and the Chefs, looks soft when he plays, among other things.
Just another one of Bill's questionable decisions and you have to wonder what he didn't like about Myers? He's doing nothing with the Raiders except earn his contract making catch after catch. Lol

Every team going forward is going to copy this strategy of pressuring Mac. The Saints also added a lot of man coverage that our WRs couldn't beat. Expect that to continue, too.

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1711427619466485813?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1711427619466485813%7Ctwgr%5Eca925e13096999d0ffc7b2ce3be7e3b85c227efd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patriots.com%2Fnews%2Fafter-further-review-how-did-the-patriots-offense-get-to-this-point

Maybe it's time for Malik
since Jones and Zappe aren't working out.

Back