Looking at the Patriots 2024

Well, he's gone. Someone's going to pay him a ton more than that.
In theory the Pats could match an offer, but does anyone believe Kraft will pay him more than the highest bidder? And when we lose him we also lose the 3rd round comp pick we would have received had we just let him go.

judon on gmfb this am. he's always worth the listen. here are 3 vids. there are a couple more non pats specific segments on the website too.

I’ve never seen anything out of McCarthy that even resembles first round talent.
That team was always, ALWAYS a run-first team with very safe throws otherwise.
McCarthy hasn’t shown that much, IMHO.

In theory the Pats could match an offer, but does anyone believe Kraft will pay him more than the highest bidder? And when we lose him we also lose the 3rd round comp pick we would have received had we just let him go.

Yes, absolutely. Robyn Glaser can construct the terms so that RKK doesn't have to come up with an extraordinary amount of cash to get any deal done. Cap spending isn't the
problem. Signing bonuses and exorbitant guarantees spanning 3-4 years is what Kraft is stingy about. He has to come up with all the signing bonus money and a portion of the
guaranteed money (perhaps the 3rd and 4th year) from his own pocket.

It's interesting listening to todays PU. Evan and Deuce were at the combine and came back with a load of info. They both said they would he very happy with any of the top 3 QBs. Maye, Daniels or Williams. They were impressed with all three. I think Evan is big on Maye, but they like all three. If the Pats are on their wavelength on this, then we'll get a QB for sure at pick 3. What was also interesting is they said someone is doing major PR for JJ McCarthy because too many people are buying into this belief that his stock is seriously rising and will be a high first rounder, and Evan and Deuce are like WTF? What they saw was awful. Errant throws and a weird throwing action. They said he's a far better athlete than Mac Jones, but he would need an insane amount of work.

They said Caleb Williams can't win with some people. He's criticized because he cried, criticized because he's playing the game at the combine and saying all the right things etc etc.
Heard said that some other team is driving the ‘JJ talk’ in hopes a team in front of them going QB bites on it, letting the guy they want slide… subterfuge

The Pats intend to match any offer which is why they used the transition tag instead of the FT - cheaper price. No more poison pills in today's NFL.
I dunno, Chevss, some team comes by and offers 4/65 with 30+ guaranteed, I don't think the Patriots are matching.

The loss of a comp pick shouldn’t be an issue this year because it is expected that the Pats will be bring in more free agents than losing them.

I dunno, Chevss, some team comes by and offers 4/65 with 30+ guaranteed, I don't think the Patriots are matching.

This is probably right but what team would offer that money to a S who had a down year in '23 and showed he's primarily an in-the-box kind of guy?

Last edited:
This is probably right but what team would offer that money to a S who had a down year in '23 and showed he's primarily an in-the-box kind of guy?
He didn't have a down year last year - To the Patriots come contract renewal time, it was framed that way, I'm sure, but there are plenty of teams in the league that aren't stupid. $16 million a year isn't a ton of money for a top-level safety. Harrison Smith's making $16 million and he's 35. Not to mention the soon-to-be Buffalo Refugee Twins will be commanding somewhere in that neighborhood.

Safety is an undervalued market - and Belichick showed the league how to play with 3 and 4 safeties, other teams will copy this. They tried to reset the safety market a couple of years ago (like with the WR market, and also with the WR market), it didn't take - however, unlike the WR market, the safety market is still undervalued comparatively.

Tell me Andy Reid's third phone call next Wednesday wouldn't be to Dugger?

Actually he did grade down last year bc he was asked to cover more than ever in his career. It affected his grade negatively.

It would be great to have Dugger back, but if you start ranking positions based on importance safety is closer to the kicker end of the spectrum than quarterback. He’s not worth overpaying.

Actually he did grade down last year bc he was asked to cover more than ever in his career. It affected his grade negatively.
And that was due to injury more than anything else. He had to run the defense on top of everything else, so yeah, his PFF grade may have dropped (for as much stock as one puts into a stats aggregator doing things like 'grading'), but his play didn't drop off at all. Outside of possibly Peppers, (and he's the only possible argument), Dugger was the best player, and most important player on that defense.

It would be great to have Dugger back, but if you start ranking positions based on importance safety is closer to the kicker end of the spectrum than quarterback. He’s not worth overpaying.
You say this. He's making 13.5 million next year at the very least. Is that overpaying?

Like, if you want to argue he's not worth 16 million a year, that's fine, I guess, but he clearly is, and you have to spend the damned money on somebody, why not the best player on your defense who will still be there for another couple of years when the rest of that defense ages out?

You say this. He's making 13.5 million next year at the very least. Is that overpaying?

Like, if you want to argue he's not worth 16 million a year, that's fine, I guess, but he clearly is, and you have to spend the damned money on somebody, why not the best player on your defense who will still be there for another couple of years when the rest of that defense ages out?
on top of it,who else player wise knows as much as he does about running it rn?
pats missed dev's mind more than his play. dugger has the brains, def.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Chukwuma Okorafor has agreed to terms with New England. Specifics of the contract were not disclosed.

Yeah. He's worth it.

Austin played well for us last year. I like this. His last 5 games...QBs completed 2/11 (18%) passes when targeting him. He gave up 0 completions to Josh Allen and Mahomes and had
1 int against Allen. What the hell were the Bills and Texans thinking when they released this kid?!

View: https://twitter.com/ByMarkDaniels/status/1765810872763482150

Last edited:
According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Chukwuma Okorafor has agreed to terms with New England. Specifics of the contract were not disclosed.
Solid depth signing, better than what they had last year.
Chukawumba's best attribute:
He gets knocked down, but he gets up again
You are never gonna keep him down.

Back