Looks like Kony Ealy is gone

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Belichick blew it on this one. Reports are that he got cut.

Confirmed!

Not a complaint, not a bitch, just a thought. I have trouble believing something is confirmed without a source, even when a knowleeable and reliable such as parswin decides to exclaim it. :toast:

Cheers

Now we are very thin at pass rushers . Unless Grissom & Woodrow steps up .

Something must have happened since Thursday night for him to get cut before the cutdown date.

Sometimes Bill likes to let vets go early so they have more time to latch on somewhere else. It's a courtesy.

It was a gamble that didn't pay off. Sometimes you're not sure if a guy will buy in and fit the system until he actually gets here.

Not a complaint, not a bitch, just a thought. I have trouble believing something is confirmed without a source, even when a knowleeable and reliable such as parswin decides to exclaim it. :toast:

Cheers

Patriots tweeted it

Who going to be starting at DE opposite flowers Grissom. Who spent last year just playing ST or inactive .

Good riddance. At least we didn't give up that much for him.

Another wasted 2nd round pick. All we got now is 3rd next year

We traded our 2nd round pick this year (64) for Carolina's third round pick (72) and Ealy. So all Ealy really cost us was moving down 8 spots. Worth it for a gamble IMO.

All we lost was 8 spots in the draft.

A flyer.

He's in a contract year and I think his idea of what he wanted to do in order to get paid didn't gel completely with the role BB had intended for him. Happens.

And if that was the case and he was visibly unhappy in the locker and becoming an issue better to chop now than let fester.

Players who want a job will be let go and BB will get a rotational sub at that spot that will be thrilled.

Who will take his place? Is Grissom really as bad as many people think? The little bit that I've seen him...he didn't look that bad.

McClellan can also play DE...

He's in a contract year and I think his idea of what he wanted to do in order to get paid didn't gel completely with the role BB had intended for him.

Then he's an idiot. He had a chance to resurrect his career, playing for the best team and best coach and best QB. Now I guarantee he's out of football in two years.

Not surprised at all. He was moved from DE to DT in an Easley type of penetrating role and he couldn't shed a block to save his life.

He didn't seem to care either so good luck to him.

Kony Ealy cut

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000834797/article/patriots-part-ways-with-defensive-end-kony-ealy

Unable to find a trade partner for Kony Ealy, the Patriots are cutting him free.

The team announced Saturday that the fourth-year defensive end has been released. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo first reported the news.

Hoped that he would be a player, I guess not.

fWx327.gif

Back