Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I’m just saying I think we need to pump the brakes a bit on Mac. Maybe let him at least be average for a year or two. He’s a starter, and he’s the second best QB in the division, but he’s not about to be carrying the offense this season.
I don't think anyone is saying he's the best QB in the league. I think he's already better than average by almost any measure, is average only if you're ranking on raw playmaking ability.

Given his strength/weakness profile, his attitude, and his work ethic, people are understandably enthusiastic that he is very likely the long-term solution. Not because of his deep ball, his underrated athleticism, or a particular skill, but because of the the underlying attributes of confidence, humility, dedication to improvement, willingness to learn from mistakes, unwillingness to accept failure, and he recognizes and lives by the importance of stacking incremental improvements like compound interest.

Because of the relatively small number of mental mistakes.
Because of how rarely he seems to repeat those mental mistakes.
Because he's shown such a dedication to development.
Because of the obvious faith his coaches and teammates have in him.
Because last year's slightly-below average arm strength looks like it's up to about average (that's for an NFL starter, not all NFL QBs or the draft pool) already, with such strong evidence of his dedication to his physical development.
Because he processes insanely quickly (Top 5 and rising), seems outstanding at assessing what risks he should/not take (easily Top 10, and rising), and shows the veteran ability to manipulate defenses with his eyes and body (Top 10-15 and rising FAST).

Because while none of us believe there will ever be another Brady, we are seeing all those things that made Brady Brady - right down to the chip on his shoulder from trying to be displaced as a senior starter and going below where he felt he should have gone in the draft - in the form of a guy who is already demonstrably well ahead of where Brady was at this age and level of experience, mentally and physically. Since we're seeing the signs that he is cut from a similar cloth psychologically as well, there's no reason not to be both hopeful and confident.

Because there was never going to be another Joe Montana...until there was Tom Brady, a guy who idolized and studied him and was in the right place at the right time to have it all come together. And there will never be another TFB...until one day there is. And when there is, it makes sense that it would be a guy who recognizes and studies that greatness, and takes everything he can from watching his greatness. That guy would have to be in the right place at the right time, and would have a better chance of approaching that level of he could learn from people who watched Brady every single day as he turned from Tommy into TFB.

Mac has been very efficient in favorable situations. We will find out soon if he can carry and elevate an offense.

Mac has been very efficient in favorable situations. We will find out soon if he can carry and elevate an offense.
Define "favorable situations." While you're thinking about that, maybe I can help. Do you mean such as when he outplayed Brady in his (Jones's) first month as an NFL player on Sunday night national TV in the most watched regular season game last season? And, he absolutely did outplay Brady, despite the fact that the Patriots lost by 2 points and about 2 inches on a missed FG attempt at the buzzer.

Define "favorable situations." While you're thinking about that, maybe I can help. Do you mean such as when he outplayed Brady in his (Jones's) first month as an NFL player on Sunday night national TV in the most watched regular season game last season? And, he absolutely did outplay Brady, despite the fact that the Patriots lost by 2 points and about 2 inches on a missed FG attempt at the buzzer.
This has nothing to do with Brady. I make a point not to mention him anymore.
I’m saying that Mac was efficient in favorable situations. The offense last year was driven by a good line, the run game, and good position set up by defense and special teams. A time will come where Mac has to be the guy elevating guys around him. We are gonna find out this year if he can make it happen.

I’m saying that Mac was efficient in favorable situations. The offense last year was driven by a good line, the run game, and good position set up by defense and special teams. A time will come where Mac has to be the guy elevating guys around him. We are gonna find out this year if he can make it happen.
I wasn't implying or suggesting that it had anything to do with Brady. I was just pointing out that Jones going head to head with the GOAT successfully on national TV at Gillette in week 3 or 4 was not a "favorable situation" for him. You are cleverly attempting to suggest that Mac Jones only experienced success last season when conditions were stacked in his favor. That's false and absolutely unfair to Jones.

Mac was 352 for 521 and almost a 68% completion %. He threw for 3800+ yards in only 16 games (No Buffalo away game) with a passer rating off 92.5. What are you even talking about?

Dude, take a step back and realize that aside from Mazz and maybe 1 other no one agrees on here agrees with you. And not just because we are Patriots fans and you are not. The facts don't agree with you either.

I wasn't implying or suggesting that it had anything to do with Brady. I was just pointing out that Jones going head to head with the GOAT successfully on national TV at Gillette in week 3 or 4 was not a "favorable situation" for him. You are cleverly attempting to suggest that Mac Jones only experienced success last season when conditions were stacked in his favor. That's false and absolutely unfair to Jones.

However, it aligns with his Patriots suck and anything that is positive has a "reason" position. I honestly don't understand the mentality. I despise the Yankees yet I am not on a Yankees boar pretending to be a Yankees fan while simutaniosly shitting all overt the Yankees. What fun would that be for me?

Yet, here he.

When I was doing AIT training in Fort Gordon GA, there was a guy from Atlanta in my room in the barracks. He was hilarious. Damnyankee was always a single word, but my favorite was when people asked him why he used y'all when talking to just one person. "What word do you use when talking to more than one person?" "Y'allses,"he said without batting an eye. That was 1966 and I still don't know if he was serious or kidding us.
US Army Signal Corp.

Yes, you been there? I spent 16 weeks learning to repair and calibrate electronic test equipment, then spent a year and a half driving a deuce and a half in Vietnam. :shrug-n2:
1981 my last year in the Army. Sent there after 2 years in Germany. Hanging out at the Whipping Post and then go across the river to SC to a bar that did not close until the sun came out.

1981 my last year in the Army. Sent there after 2 years in Germany. Hanging out at the Whipping Post and then go across the river to SC to a bar that did not close until the sun came out.
I vaguely recall driving to Aiken SC. What I remember most about Augusta was the bus station. There were 4 restrooms; White men, colored men, white women, colored women. This was 1966, 2 years after the civil Rights Act was passed. My daughter, born in 1983, finds it hard to believe. Sadly, it wasn;t remarkable enough for me to take pics. I was surprised, but not shocked or anything.

“I care a lot about football … A lot of times I’m frustrated with myself because I’m a perfectionist and I want things to be perfect. … It’s more individual than anything.
If I’m going to get frustrated at other people, it’s only to bring the best out in them and I hope they would hold me to the same standard.” Mac Jones is QB1

Back