Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Just a little something for all the Mac Jones isn't any good thinkers to think about

i

Mike Reiss, ESPN Staff Writer
Jul 2, 2023, 06:00 AM ET
10. Did You Know:
Patriots quarterback Mac Jones finished with a 65.2 completion percentage after finishing his rookie season with a 67.6 completion percentage. Jones joins the Chargers’ Justin Herbert and the Bengals’ Joe Burrow as the only quarterbacks to have completed at least 65% of their passes in their first two seasons. Herbert and Burrow are the only quarterbacks to accomplish this feat in their first three seasons.
I bet it happens again this year.

I'm feeling better today about Mac Jones, than I did in the past. He's gotten good reviews of late, and the new offensive coach, Bill O'Brien, should help him alot.

Glad to hear that.
I've always felt good about Mac. Even last year when he was getting pounded in social media and by some reporters, his performance data continuously indicated he was
playing much better than the criticism inferred.

Maybe Matt Patricia deserves an even bigger portion of blame pie than previously thought.
Many talking heads think Josh Allen is a top QB. Let's compare their first 2 years...

Fzbeb-lX0AMeK6g

As a passer, Mac wins hands down.
Allen wins as a runner but how long is that going to last since McDermott wants him running much less this year.

I expect Mac to really excel under BOB this year.

Last edited:
Maybe Matt Patricia deserves an even bigger portion of blame pie than previously thought.

Patricia deserves 100% of the blame. I don’t even blame Mac for his temper tantrums, given the situation that he was forced into last season by supreme incompetence on the offensive coordinating side of the ball, and the ridiculous media attention as a result of it.

History will only amplify the correctness of my opinion. Let’s revisit your post above in 5 years. We will happily laugh.

As a passer, Mac wins hands down.
Allen wins as a runner but how long is that going to last since McDermott wants him running much less this year.

I expect Mac to really excel under BOB this year.
Unfortuately, stats of both guys are skewed. Allen had a bad first year, and Mac an awesome first year. Then they flipped the script for year two.

I suppose we'll know for certain when we can compare third years, or just simply 2023 for each guy.

Allen is a bull. 6'5", 240#. Outweighs most RBs. But then there's a reason RBs have a drastically shorter career than QBs.

Unfortuately, stats of both guys are skewed. Allen had a bad first year, and Mac an awesome first year. Then they flipped the script for year two.

I suppose we'll know for certain when we can compare third years, or just simply 2023 for each guy.

Allen is a bull. 6'5", 240#. Outweighs most RBs. But then there's a reason RBs have a drastically shorter career than QBs.
I will agree that worrying about this garbage of comparisons is meaningless. We all, at least all who paid attention, know what a fucking nightmare Matt Patricia's offensive program was last season. Time to toss it in the dumpster. We will get to see how thing run with an OC, QB coach, and O-line coach who know what the fuck they are doing.

IMO, Allen is the best QB in the game.

it's almost as if you can increase your strength through training and conditioning
nope cant happen. Lots of people said Mac peaked in his rookie year. No way can he get better. Never happens.... EVER!

Back