Mac Jones Is Our QB1

After a night of sleep I have reversed my thinking on Mac, for this season. Dude is an absolute train wreck, but doing something to infuse a new feeling is very bad for this teams long term outlook. Firing BB, or replacing Mac could do just that. I used to think Zappe had a little something but I might have been wrong on that. He isn't the QB of the future of that I think every can agree at this point. If it isn't Mac starting, I want someone WORSE. Someone who can't even make the throws that Mac does actually complete.

It's a race with the Giants, and quite frankly F the Giants and any NY team so that should be a goal as well. So put in Cunningham. I do not want to see a QB actually complete that missed TD pass.

After a night of sleep I have reversed my thinking on Mac, for this season. Dude is an absolute train wreck, but doing something to infuse a new feeling is very bad for this teams long term outlook. Firing BB, or replacing Mac could do just that. I used to think Zappe had a little something but I might have been wrong on that. He isn't the QB of the future of that I think every can agree at this point. If it isn't Mac starting, I want someone WORSE. Someone who can't even make the throws that Mac does actually complete.

It's a race with the Giants, and quite frankly F the Giants and any NY team so that should be a goal as well. So put in Cunningham. I do not want to see a QB actually complete that missed TD pass.
Well, that's Bailey Zappe, physically. Although he might fuck around and complete a couple of passes.

It's going to be tough to catch the Giants, putting Danny Devito in signals their full-on blatant tank for the season. I mean, at the very least, the Patriots didn't pay their Jones a shit ton of money, so there's that, I guess.

they were talking about devito this am on nfln. he still lives at home and his mom even still makes his bed.
if the pats can't even beat a guy who doesn't even make his own bed yet, then that's the official nadir of the season.😄

Well without J Jones and probably JC Jackson the Pats will have nobody in the secondary lol. Giants might win 17-0.

It's gonna be close between the Pats and the Giants to see who wins the 2nd pick. We could each end up 3-14.

The 2-8 Giants schedule the rest of the way. The only game I see them winning is a coin flip vs the Pats with poss wins against Washington and Packers but I doubt it. 3-14 is likely

@ Washington L
vs Pats W although the loser gets the 2nd pick more than likely. Cya Jack.
vs Packers L
vs Saints L
@ Eagles L
vs Rams L
vs Eagles L unless the Eagles are resting players

The 2-8 Pats schedule. Using my rationale below the Pats end up either 3-14 or 4-13 if we beat the sinking Chargers.
Our strength of schedule might get us in over the Giants if we're both 3-14.

@ Giants Even but Zappe...so L in NY. The loser gets the 2nd pick more than likely
vs Chargers W Chargers can't stop the run; cross county trek to Foxboro; lame duck HC. Our once good secondary suddenly stinks. Close but a W
@ Steelers L
vs Chiefs L
@Broncos L (at mile high Dec. 24; won 2 in a row & we've lost 3 in a row)
@ Bills L Do they punt?
vs Jets L close but I think we lose this battle between incompetents. It's in NY, their D is playing very well. Neither offense is good. Their D is better.

We could beat @GIANTS, we could also run the ball to a win over the Chargers, @ Steelers is a coin flip but a probable loss, Broncos who the hell knows but it's in Denver so probably Denver, the Bills will be looking for revenge in Buffalo so a big loss. Finally we play the Jets who haven't scored a TD in 3 weeks but their D is playing great - at home in a game that won't mean anything so who knows and who cares.

It's gonna be close between the Pats and the Giants to see who wins the 2nd pick. We could each end up 3-14.

The 2-8 Giants schedule the rest of the way. The only game I see them winning is a coin flip vs the Pats with poss wins against Washington and Packers but I doubt it. 3-14 is likely
@ Washington L
vs Pats W although the loser gets the 2nd pick more than likely.
vs Packers L
vs Saints L
@ Eagles L
vs Rams L
vs Eagles L unless the Eagles are resting players

The 2-8 Pats schedule. Using my rationale below the Pats end up either 3-14 or 4-13. Our strength of schedule might get us in over the Giants if we're both 3-14.
@ Giants Even but Zappe...so L in NY. The loser gets the 2nd pick more than likely
vs Chargers W Chargers can't stop the run; cross county trek to Foxboro; lame duck HC. Is JC Jackson still on the team?
@ Steelers L
vs Chiefs L
@Broncos L (at mile high Dec. 24; won 2 in a row & we've lost 3 in a row)
@ Bills L Do they punt?
vs Jets L close but I think we lose this battle between incompetents. It's in NY, their D is playing very well. Neither offense is good. Their D is better.

We could beat @GIANTS, we could also run the ball to a win over the Chargers, @ Steelers is a coin flip but a probable loss, Broncos who the hell knows but it's in Denver so probably Denver, the Bills will be looking for revenge in Buffalo so a big loss. Finally we play the Jets who haven't scored a TD in 3 weeks but their D is playing great - at home in a game that won't mean anything so who knows and who cares.
I think Carolina wins a couple of games down the stretch, those kinds are trying, even if Bryce Young is atrocious most of the time.

they were talking about devito this am on nfln. he still lives at home and his mom even still makes his bed.
if the pats can't even beat a guy who doesn't even make his own bed yet, then that's the official nadir of the season.😄
I know, right??? :oops:

looking ahead to this game for me entertainment-wise means watching to catch the inevitable "look-at-this-HC-on-the-sidelines" shots of BB and Daboll to see how many times they both react to their respective teams' performance as follows......

BB facial reaction: "JHC what the hell was in what I just ate"-face

Daboll facial reaction: "JHC how much longer do I have to be here instead of at an all-you-can-eat-buffet"-face

Surely the bottom line is we will finish low enough so as to make a deal if needed to move and get the QB we really want?

I dunno, he's thrown like 50 passes in 3 games.
True, but I don't think people realize just how bad the Pats really are. That secondary, hell I could probably throw on it as depleted as it is going to be.

I think Carolina wins a couple of games down the stretch, those kinds are trying, even if Bryce Young is atrocious most of the time.

We can hope but I don't see it.
Who of the Cowboys, Titans, TB (twice), Saints, Falcons, Packers and Jags might they beat?

Surely the bottom line is we will finish low enough so as to make a deal if needed to move and get the QB we really want?
Well there are going to be two ways to go about it, and it all depends on the mentality and philosophy of who is running the team next year.

Option 1 is what you said, get the highest possible pick, and draft Caleb Williams and build the team around in in a multi-year process, which might only be two years thanks to all the cap space, but 2024 probably won't be a competitive season with a rookie QB, but you never know.

Option 2 is, you already have a top-level defense in place, with two of its best players coming back from injury (and arm injuries, so their performance shouldn't be affected long term), draft Marvin Harrison in the top 5, and use the rest of the cap space and draft to fill in gaps on offense and defense, and get a decent bridge QB for a couple of years (A Baker Mayfield-type, if not actually Mayfield himself). and a team constructed that way should, should, be competitive right away, although that window closes in 2 years, and we'll be back to where we are now.

Option 3 is the Mac Jones Copium option, run it back with Mac, and hope he's figured it all out because he's in his option year, and surround him with 10 hall of famers on offense through free agency.

True, but I don't think people realize just how bad the Pats really are. That secondary, hell I could probably throw on it as depleted as it is going to be.
They had Calvin Munson, Shaun Wade and Myles Bryant playing starter snaps and held the Colts to 10 points. Like, those guys all suck, there must be some wizardry happening in the coaching staff on that defense.

Thats the big problem. If you do things right, you don't have to give up future assets or many at all. IF there is a QB you absolutely love, then you tank to get him. Thats other other thing the other anti-tankers don't get. Say they finish 5th or 6th. There will be plenty of people who were cheering on every useless first down and then will be asking what it takes to move up to get a QB at 3 or whatnot. Then you have to give up a future first round pick(s) that you otherwise could have kept for yourself. That also hurts you in the long run.

Thats bad business and how most of those teams that do that..suck because they have no 1st rounders for several years and most likely relatively high first rounders. No, you do it yourself, so you don't have to mortgage the future.

I wonder if his mother is Mona Lisa Divito? Could be, her clock was ticking about that time.

At least we didn't see him curled up in his momma's arms crying after the loss. :coffee:

Nevertheless, he has to be benched at this point.
I'm fine with that. I don't think going back out there will be beneficial to either him or the team right now. Caveat: This is the bye week so BB will have a chance to re-evaluate.

Still, though, I'd prep one of the other two (first string reps) to start against the Giants.

There a still a lot of games left to win or lose this season, and it isn't like Jones is going anywhere soon. He can be evaluated for the rest of the season.

The real weathervane for me will be the draft. Day One pick, Day Two picks, and Day Three picks should tell us all we need to know about how the Pats feel about Jones being the nominal starter going into preseason, whether Jones will be competing for a starting job, a backup, or merely insurance against multiple QB injuries in 2024.

I'm just not ready to give up on him and regret it later. Showing my age here, but YA Tittle comes to mind. Fran Tarkington.

The participation trophy generation (of which I’m a part as a millennial… albeit an older millennial). There comes a time where you can’t pamper them and tell them that it’s all going to be okay and you need to get tough with them. BOB got tough with him and look at the result - Mac visibly dejected on the sideline with tears welling up in his eyes.
This tells me his father did him wrong in the life skills part.

Back