Mac Jones Is Our QB1

All that having been said, I am not a big fan of seeing threads get derailed with this stuff.

So thanks to Chevs for the original post.

My take is Mac Jones is the guy. But.....I expect Cam will be the starter in game 1. At some point, he will no doubt struggle or get hurt, leaving the door open for Mac to enter the fray.

I was not happy when the Pats brought Cam back for this year but as many have mentioned since Thursday night's game, having two QB's is a great problem to have. Last year was a strange year for Cam for multiple reasons. Knowing Mac is waiting in the wings is enough for me if BB decides the right thing for the team is to start Cam week 1. And this is key because BB has always said he will do what's right for the football team. I am not expecting any different here.

But there are some definite arguments to going with Cam to start with and giving Mac some more time to learn. I believe Mac would have to be head and shoulders above Cam in preseason to get the nod week 1 and at this point, I see them neck and neck.....advantage to the experienced guy in that situation but Mac will be QB1 by mid season is my guess.

Not that it matters but I am doubtful you remember me as I posted under a completely different name. I believe it was semperrulz but that was a long time ago. The only real posters names I remember from the espn days were yourself and dabruinz who I think still posts on Pats boards here and there. The espn boards were kind of a joke but it was all we had back in the day before I discovered this place. I am a member over at Patsfans but I never really took to that board and have not logged in for as long as I can remember.
I got booted off of PatsFans from some Nattering Nabob of Negativity. :coffee:

Not that it matters but I am doubtful you remember me as I posted under a completely different name. I believe it was semperrulz but that was a long time ago. The only real posters names I remember from the espn days were yourself and dabruinz who I think still posts on Pats boards here and there. The espn boards were kind of a joke but it was all we had back in the day before I discovered this place. I am a member over at Patsfans but I never really took to that board and have not logged in for as long as I can remember.
Dabruinz is a real character. Lol He has had some serious health issues recently but I believe he is on the mend.

It's ideal to have both. A guy who is good in the pocket and dynamic (Rodgers, Allen, Wilson).

Question: Which QB had the highest vertical jump? Mac Jones, Mahomes, Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen?
Question 2: Same group plus add Aaron Rodgers - who had the best 40 time?

Answer to both questions: Mac Jones.

Just because Mac doesn't run much doesn't mean he can't. I think you may need a reset if you think Mac Jones is not athletic.

Josh Allen has been in the league for 3 years and had 1 good year. His first 2 years were poor.
His QBRs are 50, 50 and 82. He could improve this year or he could regress. Time will tell.

For those reasons he doesn't belong in the same group as Rodgers or Wilson right now.

The thing is to compare today's NFL at all to 2001 is fool's gold. You can't play football like that anymore. The defense can't hit the QB or the receivers. Although our defense will be better than last year, it is not the Bears or the Rams. We have to have a potent enough offense to score to win games. That is just how it works in today's league. That is why we drafted Jones because he is NFL ready. I really don't think Bill looks at him as a game manager at all. I think he sees a guy that can score and score often. At least that is the hope.

The Pats' 2019 SB win over the Rams proves you can play football like that and win in today's NFL. 13-3.

Not sure who’s going to start game 1 for you guys but I doubt Mac sits long. I was actually pissed when the Pats picked him because he just seems to be a “BB Guy” and I was kind of looking forward to seeing you guys struggle at the QB spot for a few years lol.

Not sure who’s going to start game 1 for you guys but I doubt Mac sits long. I was actually pissed when the Pats picked him because he just seems to be a “BB Guy” and I was kind of looking forward to seeing you guys struggle at the QB spot for a few years lol.

He does seem like a BB guy, doesn't he? SOP. ;)

So far both our QBs are performing well. They will compete and soon we'll know the winner.

How's your boy doing?

He does seem like a BB guy, doesn't he? SOP. ;)

So far both our QBs are performing well. They will compete and soon we'll know the winner.

How's your boy doing?
The AFCE might have a very interesting QB situation, moving forward.
Josh Allen: unless last year was some major fluke, he looks like the real deal.
Mac Jones: I’m already beginning to hate him lol.
Tua: I don’t think anybody really knows what to expect from him.
Zach Wilson: I admit that I was not really excited about this pick but so far, he’s looked pretty good.

The AFCE might have a very interesting QB situation, moving forward.
Josh Allen: unless last year was some major fluke, he looks like the real deal.
Mac Jones: I’m already beginning to hate him lol.
Tua: I don’t think anybody really knows what to expect from him.
Zach Wilson: I admit that I was not really excited about this pick but so far, he’s looked pretty good.

This is pretty good.

I didn't love Zach and think he might be the Bo Callahan of this draft, but he's looked OK so far. He can definitely throw better than Darnold.

It's the rest of the team where you've got problems.

10. Did You Know: Had the 17-play, 91-yard touchdown drive that Jones led on his first series Thursday happened in the regular season, it would have been the Patriots' longest touchdown drive since Week 3 of 2015 (a 51-17 win against the Jacksonville Jaguars). One common thread between the two 17-play drives was how they finished: LeGarrette Blount scored on a 1-yard run against Jacksonville, and Thursday, Stevenson -- a player who has drawn comparisons to Blount -- did the same.

This is pretty good.

I didn't love Zach and think he might be the Bo Callahan of this draft, but he's looked OK so far. He can definitely throw better than Darnold.

It's the rest of the team where you've got problems.
The Jets are definitely a work in progress but I really think we finally have the right GM & HC to get it rolling.

The Jets are definitely a work in progress but I really think we finally have the right GM & HC to get it rolling.
I expect your guys will be a better and tougher team overall, but I watched AJ Dillon break about 16 tackles on GB's first drive. I'm sure
Bullethead Bob was not happy.

I expect your guys will be a better and tougher team overall, but I watched AJ Dillon break about 16 tackles on GB's first drive. I'm sure
Bullethead Bob was not happy.
The run D definitely needs some work. They didn’t look good yesterday at all.

I like your team a lot. I agree about the GM/HC which is key. I also like Wilson a lot. You had a good draft too. We have been saying that you are not an automatic +2 wins anymore. LOL

Back