Mac Jones Is Our QB1

They've given up 13 points in 2 games so far, and all I heard all week was how the Eagles were killing the Patriots in practice.

People need to start believing their eyes, and not the pre-programmed narratives.
Tommy, the Eagles played their second and third stringers. It was a glorified scrimmage.

They've given up 13 points in 2 games so far, and all I heard all week was how the Eagles were killing the Patriots in practice.

People need to start believing their eyes, and not the pre-programmed narratives.

Yes, this D is putting a hurt on anyone touching the ball and all others. I absolutely love the physical nature of Bill's D this year and they are not even at full strength.

The thing is to compare today's NFL at all to 2001 is fool's gold. You can't play football like that anymore. The defense can't hit the QB or the receivers. Although our defense will be better than last year, it is not the Bears or the Rams. We have to have a potent enough offense to score to win games. That is just how it works in today's league. That is why we drafted Jones because he is NFL ready. I really don't think Bill looks at him as a game manager at all. I think he sees a guy that can score and score often. At least that is the hope.

I've already addressed this, the rules may have changed but the foundational principles of a successful team have not. The high-flying Rams in 2018 were held to what 3 points in the Superbowl while the Pats offense struggled as well. High-flying offense may win some games but defense wins championships. Foundational principle has not changed. And Bill is a master at understanding and exploiting all rules for the benefit of his team? Disagree?

I've already addressed this, the rules may have changed but the foundational principles of a successful team have not. The high-flying Rams in 2018 were held to what 3 points in the Superbowl while the Pats offense struggled as well. High-flying offense may win some games but defense wins championships. Foundational principle has not changed. And Bill is a master at understanding and exploiting all rules for the benefit of his team? Disagree?
I am not talking about being a high fly offense at all. Again, with the rules heavily favoring the offense, teams have to be dynamic and be able to string together chunk plays. BTW, I think we can do that with Mac in this offense. I am not sure why you guys think we are going back to circa 2001 for some reason. We drafted Jones at #15 because he is pro ready. We spent a boat load of money on the offensive skill positions in FA. My only concern is our only speed guy is Agholor and he drops a lot of passes. I would really like to see add another top tier WR.

Last edited:
The thing is to compare today's NFL at all to 2001 is fool's gold. You can't play football like that anymore. The defense can't hit the QB or the receivers. Although our defense will be better than last year, it is not the Bears or the Rams. We have to have a potent enough offense to score to win games. That is just how it works in today's league. That is why we drafted Jones because he is NFL ready. I really don't think Bill looks at him as a game manager at all. I think he sees a guy that can score and score often. At least that is the hope.
So are you saying Brady wasn’t NFL ready and was a game manager? I’m so confused. Really there’s no need to explain how the game is played I’ve been a fan for a very long time ... so while I appreciate you explaining it for me ..... i understand all that and stand by what I’m said IMHO.

~Dee~

I am not talking about being a high fly offense at all. Again, with the rules heavily favoring the offense, teams have to be dynamic and be able to string together chunk plays. BTW, I think we can do that with Mac in this offense. I am not sure why you guys think we are going back to circa 2001 for some reason. We drafted Jones at #15 because he is pro ready. We spent a boat load of money on the offensive skill positions in FA. My only concern is our only speed guy is Agholor and he drops a lot of passes. I would really like to see add another top tier WR.

It is obvious this team was designed from the ground up to be a ground and pound offense with a great D. And obviously, you have to throw the ball as well, This team, however, is predicated on destruction the clock while bringing along a former MVP QB and a rookie. I think Mac can and will make big plays, how much he needs to this year remains to be seen but my guess is that heroics won't be needed all that much this year.

It is obvious this team was designed from the ground up to be a ground and pound offense with a great D. And obviously, you have to throw the ball as well, This team, however, is predicated on destruction the clock while bringing along a former MVP QB and a rookie. I think Mac can and will make big plays, how much he needs to this year remains to be seen but my guess is that heroics won't be needed all that much this year.
Heroics are always needed during the season. It's football.

So are you saying Brady wasn’t NFL ready and was a game manager? I’m so confused. Really there’s no need to explain how the game is played I’ve been a fan for a very long time ... so while I appreciate you explaining it for me ..... i understand all that and stand by what I’m said IMHO.

~Dee~
I am saying the game was different back in 2001 than today. Today's game has pulled through so much of the college game/concepts that QBs can play right away and have success.

Brady inherited a 5-13 team that was literally going nowhere. The roster Bill inherited in 2000 was upside down, he did all he could to piece together a roster in 2001 made up of cheap FAs that played really well. That Pats team of 2001 is ranked as the worst roster to ever win a Super Bowl in large part because Brady was a 6th round pick and our offense was pretty anemic and the defense although it had talent, had underperformed up until that point.

That is not what Mac or Cam for that matter has ahead of them. This Pats team just spent $150 mil in FA to upgrade most of its skill spots and defense. This team should be dynamic especially if Mac is playing. It is just a matter if he has learned enough of the play book. Brady was a second year player which is night and day from being a rookie having to start. That being said, if Mac gets the nod, I fully expect him to score and score a lot. If not, then I don't know why we spent #15 on him in the first place.

I am saying the game was different back in 2001 than today. Today's game has pulled through so much of the college game/concepts that QBs can play right away and have success.

Brady inherited a 5-13 team that was literally going nowhere. The roster Bill inherited in 2000 was upside down, he did all he could to piece together a roster in 2001 made up of cheap FAs that played really well. That Pats team of 2001 is ranked as the worst roster to ever win a Super Bowl in large part because Brady was a 6th round pick and our offense was pretty anemic and the defense although it had talent, had underperformed up until that point.

That is not what Mac or Cam for that matter has ahead of them. This Pats team just spent $150 mil in FA to upgrade most of its skill spots and defense. This team should be dynamic especially if Mac is playing. It is just a matter if he has learned enough of the play book. Brady was a second year player which is night and day from being a rookie having to start. That being said, if Mac gets the nod, I fully expect him to score and score a lot. If not, then I don't know why we spent #15 on him in the first place.
No, really it’s not all that different sure there are more penalties but please stop already with the past. I’m quite a few years older then you and was there before Brady and BB..... I know the Patriots through and through, where they were and where there going.

I’m speaking about this team right now I’m pretty confident in our defense unless the offense implodes as it did last year. We almost beat KC with our patchwork offense so im not all that concerned that will happen again. So again I stand by what I said.

~Dee~

No, really it’s not all that different sure there are more penalties but please stop already with the past. I’m quite a few years older then you and was there before Brady and BB..... I know the Patriots through and through, where they were and where there going.

I’m speaking about this team right now I’m pretty confident in our defense unless the offense implodes as it did last year. We almost beat KC with our patchwork offense so im not all that concerned that will happen again. So again I stand by what I said.

~Dee~
I didn't bring up 2001.

I didn't bring up 2001.

~Dee~

No one here is saying its the only thing just a big part as it was when Brady was a rookie.

~Dee~
My response to your quote above was to this post of yours.

Well that would have been inspector I was responding too....

~Dee~
I didn't say you brought up 2001. I just said that I didn't.

I didn't say you brought it up 2001. I just said that I didn't.
Good grief then perhaps before jumping in on a conversation, which by the way I was having with Big Sky.... lol you may next time want to read the whole conversation.....

Stay safe and have a good night.

~Dee~

Back