Mac Jones Is Our QB1

We have to stop blaming the receivers. Brady used to get by with midget white receivers who were as slow as Treacle and where one was a QB, and another was a Lacrosse player. Yes, Mac is not Brady, but Tom used to be able to get these guys in sync with him no matter who the OC was.

We have to stop this excuse-making for Mac Jones. The issues have many parts, but on offense, the current QB1 is the major factor. He's just not good enough for an NFL franchise QB.

Blame has nothing to do with it. The WR's have the least amount of separation on a team with an o-line that has the least amount of time for the QB to throw. We can discuss the fact (yes, fact) that Mac Jones has disappointed us all this season, but the th WR/OL are the worst and that bodes rather poorly for a QB, now doesn't it?

And with no time to throw and nobody open (per the actual stats/facts) for on earth can a QB be accurately judged?

Yes, Mac has been bad. Aside from TB (maybe, he is getting up there) who would't be?

We have to stop blaming the receivers. Brady used to get by with midget white receivers who were as slow as Treacle and where one was a QB, and another was a Lacrosse player. Yes, Mac is not Brady, but Tom used to be able to get these guys in sync with him no matter who the OC was.

We have to stop this excuse-making for Mac Jones. The issues have many parts, but on offense, the current QB1 is the major factor. He's just not good enough for an NFL franchise QB.
Ok, then Zappe should have led the team down for a score if the OL and and receivers weren't a major problem.
And the RB should have gained more yardage once Mac left the game if the OL wasn't a major problem.
That is not excuse making, it's just obvious facts.

Far to many post that are over reactions. YES. Anyone who quotes Colin Cowherd should reexamine their sources. YES That clown is nothing but a knee jerk reactionist.
The issue is the fact that the team has been unable to put a quality O-line in front of Mac. YES As a result he is starting to develop so called happy feet. He has no time to set and scan the field to find a receiver. The receivers have no time to get open before Mac is being chased out or hit. Mac is trying to make something happen and far too often there just isn't anything there. I don't blame Mac or O'Brian or BB They have a difficult schedule and a boat load of injuries BB tried to address the O-line issues NOT NEARLY ENOUGH but when all but the center has been off the field a some point it get difficult to maintain any protection.

BB went all in on his successful past. Most folks would. I am reminded of a book I was both given and gave out.
View: https://www.amazon.com/What-Got-Here-Wont-There/dp/1401301304

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true.
Chad Johnson was given a three year contract with the Patriots, but only spent one season with the team in 2011. He caught 15 passed out of 32 targets for 276 yards
Bethel Johnson Just a waste of time.
Michael Floyd had 42 yards and a touchdown in the regular season.
Aaron Dobson Never did much of anything
J.J. Stokes made just two appearances in the regular season, posting two catches for 38 yards
Phillip Dorsett struggled in his first season in New England where he had 194 receiving yards in 15 games
Tiquan Underwood He had just 30 receiving yards in 13 games.
That is just a few.
No Brady didn't work well with every one.
I said he worked well with the Midget white receivers, and I referenced two in particular. learn to read what's written.

Blame has nothing to do with it. The WR's have the least amount of separation on a team with an o-line that has the least amount of time for the QB to throw. We can discuss the fact (yes, fact) that Mac Jones has disappointed us all this season, but the th WR/OL are the worst and that bodes rather poorly for a QB, now doesn't it?

And with no time to throw and nobody open (per the actual stats/facts) for on earth can a QB be accurately judged?

Yes, Mac has been bad. Aside from TB (maybe, he is getting up there) who would't be?

I can tell you the very simple way a QB can be judged in this scenario. Not throw ridiculous INTs. Throw the ball away, take the sack, but do not get into hysterics and throw the ball across the field.

Nobody is saying the O Line is not an issue, we've talked about it for the past year or so. Football is won and lost in the trenches ultimately. Always was, and always will be. But it still does not excuse the disturbing play from Jones.

So Coach is stilll sticking with his man despite all evidence to the contrary.
I have to wonder if this is an ego thing with BB. He's made his decision and refuses to back down. Think his unwavering support of his floundering QB will result in his own demise? I keep wondering where Kraft stands in all this as, after all, his decision is the determining vote.
:patpatriot32:
I don't think it's ego. I think he doesn't really have any better options. Bailey Zappe sucks worse than Mac Jones, and Will Grier has been here for five minutes.

Also, has anyone found Matt Corral yet?

I can tell you the very simple way a QB can be judged in this scenario. Not throw ridiculous INTs. Throw the ball away, take the sack, but do not get into hysterics and throw the ball across the field.

Nobody is saying the O Line is not an issue, we've talked about it for the past year or so. Football is won and lost in the trenches ultimately. Always was, and always will be. But it still does not excuse the disturbing play from Jones.

That you can't seem to grasp the nature of being crushed behind the worst offensive line in the league while simultaneously trying to throw to receivers that are not open is well, rather odd. It's like you can't (or refuse to) connect the dots.

But again: Agendas rule the Planet these days.

I long for the days of logic coming to rule once again.

I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
i think we all can agree that mac has unfortunately been making bad situations worse. not a trend you want to see in a player.
He hasn't even gotten worse under the constant pressure both on the field and off the field.

Not to mention the incredible pressure that comes from the planet alone.:coffee:

That you can't seem to grasp the nature of being crushed behind the worst offensive line in the league while simultaneously trying to throw to receivers that are not open at the same time is well, rather odd. It's like you can't (or refuse to) connect the dots.

But again: Agendas rule the Planet these days.

I long for the days of logic coming to rule once again.

I'm not holding my breath.
You're off the reservation on this; I don't know what it is about this Mac defending you're doing; that's what actually defies logic.

There are no 'Mac Haters' or "agendas' here. Nobody hates Mac; nobody wishes ill on the Kid; I've said here that I feel very sorry for him because his career is literally dissolving and he's in a horrible place. There are simply fans who are looking at these games and looking at a litany of bad plays from the QB, calling him out and saying like I am, that he's not good enough and is not an NFL-calibre QB. That's my opinion, based on what has been seen. That is not 'hating' or having an 'agenda'.

Of course, there are O Line issues, as has been said ad nauseam, and many of us agree that Bill could be on his way out and that the lion's share of the blame is on his shoulders.

You say it’s way too early to give up on him. We’re into year 3 with him. We’ve seen enough of him surely to have a clear enough opinion on him?
I don't have a clear opinioin of him. If he had three years of playing like he did the last two games, I would, but no one was calling to replace him his first year.

When I say it is too early, I'm talking about judgements based on the last three games. That's what we're basically looking at. He proved he could read defenses and make throws. So it is NOT a case of he can't. The case is severe regression. Can it be fixed? I don't know. But I think it is worth the effort to try to identify and fix the problem before tossing him away.

I finished reading this thread and look, I sure as hell don't want to end up another pathetic loser like Middy or Mazz, so I'm going to let this one go and not continue to post the same tired refrain.

Haven't changed my mind about him, but...I got i three more months in Nashville and don't want to come home with nothing to show for my time here but a shitload of sorry-ass sad posts about Mac Jones.

And we've been trying to tell "y'all" (whatever TFing hillbilly language THAT is) that the Bills have never won a SB, they never will win a SB and your entire franchise is a fraud. So fuck off.

Ding Ding, we have a wiiiiiiiinnnner!

You're off the reservation on this; I don't know what it is about this Mac defending you're doing; that's what actually defies logic.

There are no 'Mac Haters' or "agendas' here. Nobody hates Mac; nobody wishes ill on the Kid; I've said here that I feel very sorry for him because his career is literally dissolving and he's in a horrible place. There are simply fans who are looking at these games and looking at a litany of bad plays from the QB, calling him out and saying like I am, that he's not good enough and is not an NFL-calibre QB. That's my opinion, based on what has been seen. That is not 'hating' or having an 'agenda'.

Of course, there are O Line issues, as has been said ad nauseam, and many of us agree that Bill could be on his way out and that the lion's share of the blame is on his shoulders.

He's been off he reservation for quite a while. I popped into this forum for the first time iirc last season maybe, and said that I didn't think Jones was all that great and got hammered for it because "I thought I knew better than scouts" etc. His arm is perfectly fine etc etc. Well, here we are. He isn't great. The ball comes out slow, and again, allows the DBs to close to break it up or make a tackle before any YAC can be had.

I don't know how anyone who watches the games, can come to any other conclusion.

I don't have a clear opinioin of him. If he had three years of playing like he did the last two games, I would, but no one was calling to replace him his first year.

When I say it is too early, I'm talking about judgements based on the last three games. That's what we're basically looking at. He proved he could read defenses and make throws. So it is NOT a case of he can't. The case is severe regression. Can it be fixed? I don't know. But I think it is worth the effort to try to identify and fix the problem before tossing him away.
Some QBs take a long time to develop (i.e. Geno Smith). That might be the case with Mac. He still makes too many rookie type throws. I don't think he is ready to be a starter, at least not here, (and Zappe doesn't look like he's ready to handle this offense, although the more simple Patricia offense, he seemed to be able to do).

It’s not all Mac’s fault…but a lot of it is.

He’s not improving at all. He’s not good when he’s pressured. He’s not clutch at all. His throws have no zip on them. He cries too much.

BB never addressed the RT, upgrading WR’s. Maybe because he already knows that he never wants to move forward with Mac, so, make it tough on Mac so he leaves and ‘organically tank’? I actually think so.

Last edited:
Back