Mac Jones Is Our QB1

Yes, most of us could deduce that he became a terrible QB. Saying that BB caused him to be bad, is an opinion.

The exact sentiment fired back at you ffs. Did BB force him to throw the almost comically bad INTs? Did BB force him to act like a deer in the headlights when the rushers were coming at him? Did BB force him to throw off his back foot across his body? Did BB force him to make the myriad of bad decisions we all saw him make?

Get a grip ffs.

Why do you insist on demonstrating that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, and no desire to be remotely intelligent about your posts? What is it with you honks that you can't just use logic and reasoning?

Nobody is claiming that Jones was perfect and pristine, either on the field or off, before arriving in New England.

Why do you insist on demonstrating that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, and no desire to be remotely intelligent about your posts? What is it with you honks that you can't just use logic and reasoning?

Nobody is claiming that Jones was perfect and pristine, either on the field or off, before arriving in New England.
Always says a lot about a person when they resort to personal attacks instead of trying to discuss a subject on its merits.

Socrates gave us the dialectic method of reasoning over 2,000 years ago.........

• Me, after he was drafted, and before year one: Well we'll see. We don't even know if he's got an NFL arm yet. He's going to have to get stronger there if he's going to make it. Time will tell if he's Chad Pennington before the arm injuries, or after.

• Homers, after he was drafted, and before year one: BB knows QBs. This kid was great at Alabama. His arm is strong enough, and he's so accurate that it'll make up for any slight deficiencies.

• Homers, first half of year one: Man, Jones almost beat Brady. We've found the guy!
  • Me, first half of year one: It was one game, and teams don't have the book on him yet.

• Homers, after year one: He's going to come back even better. Look out, Buffalo!
  • Me, after year one: Let's see what happens with that arm.

• EVERYONE, after Judge and Patricia were announced in their roles: WTF?
  • Most people, after Judge and Patricia were announced in their roles: This is going to be a freakin' disaster, and it's going to screw up Jones. He's going to be getting taught by people who have no idea what they are talking about, and the WRs and OL are a major problem.
  • Homers, after Judge and Patricia were announced in their roles: Things will work out after they'd get everything set in. BB knows what he's doing.

• Me, after it came to light that Jones was begging for help from people outside the organization: What the hell did people expect him to do when his coaches don't even know the basics of the system they're trying ot teach?
  • Homers and media after it came to light that Jones was begging for help from people outside the organization: OMG! How terrible it is that Jones didn't keep everything in house!
  • Most people (including the owner) after the second season: This was a freakin' disaster, and it screwed up Jones. They need to bring someone in to fix him.
  • Homers and some of the media: Yeah, Jones is a problem here. His bad body language, his questioning of what's going on, and his looking outside the organization are real issues

• Me, before the 3rd season: OK, they got worse at OL, worse at WR, didn't fix the 3dRB spot, and didn't bring in a TE1/TE2 who's a great blocker, so Jones, as a pocket passer dependent upon his OL, and dependent upon WRs who can get open rather then constantly fight for 50/50 balls, is in deep trouble.
  • Homers, before the 3rd season: JuJu. Problem solved!

It's been a clown show, and trying to go after Jones for it is beyond stupid. Calling him a propped up fraud is just as bad.

And I hate being put in the position of defending a guy I was never sold on in the first place.
You know what really makes me laugh is when someone calls other fans "Homers". Of course we are fucking " homers" or we wouldn't be posting here unless we were trolls.

When someone posted " homers" asif they are above it all, I imaging they have their noses in the air, with the eyes half closed, and can't smell their own farts.
Most of us "homers" can and have been critical of the team, players, coaches, when it's called for. But, that's not what we live for.

You know what really makes me laugh is when someone calls other fans "Homers". Of course we are fucking " homers" or we wouldn't be posting here unless we were trolls.

I've been posting on Patriots forums since 2007. I'm a fan, not a homer. One is not required to be a homer in order to post about one's team(s).

When someone posted " homers" asif they are above it all, I imaging they have their noses in the air, with the eyes half closed, and can't smell their own farts.
Most of us "homers" can and have been critical of the team, players, coaches, when it's called for. But, that's not what we live for.

Imagine that all you want. Your imagining that way gets it completely wrong, but imagination often does, so go for it.

OK, just in case I have it wrong, please give me an accurate definition of a "homer".

Homer-Simpson.The-Simpsons.webp

Or maybe,

Homer_British_Museum.jpg

In his weekly presser today BoB left a crack in the door for Mac to see play time again by stating that any player who practices well deserves game time.After getting past the intial groaning , it does make sense.Zappe has performed as dismally as Mac.If you play Mac , you either look to see if there is anything there to be salvaged or if he plays well enough to increase his trade value with out risking your draft postion.

My random thought for today is " If your Zappe , and the Coaches are saying "tank" , but by tanking you are killing your
own market value , what the hell do you do ?."

no coach would ever ask a player to tank, if they wanted to truly tank as an organization they could do it at the Head Coach and Coordinator level with playcalls, etc

I cant imagine any scenario where BB or someone would ask an actual player to not play up to their potential

I've been posting on Patriots forums since 2007. I'm a fan, not a homer. One is not required to be a homer in order to post about one's team(s).

Imagine that all you want. Your imagining that way gets it completely wrong, but imagination often does, so go for it.
I think you may have been a bit over sensitive to his post.

I really would love to get Bill alone in a room and ask him what went so wrong with BoB as OC. To me that is the biggest disappointment of this season. How did our offense perform worse than last year under Patricia?

Oh, no......he's still way too smart to let something like that happen.

He got it as a rookie.
I'm not so sure about that. I'd have to go back and look but he might have been a TAD better than he was last year and this year. His arm strength didn't improve however, and defenses adjusted and thats a major difference. Sure, Fat Matty and Co didn't do him any favors. There is no denying that fact. However, he is the QB and as I have told his number 1 booster here many times..he is the QB, he needs to deal with it and do the best he can. He didn't do that so he needs to be replaced simple as that.

Mac Jones, QB 2.

I'm not so sure about that.

It was obvious at the time.

I'd have to go back and look but he might have been a TAD better than he was last year and this year. His arm strength didn't improve however, and defenses adjusted and thats a major difference. Sure, Fat Matty and Co didn't do him any favors. There is no denying that fact. However, he is the QB and as I have told his number 1 booster here many times..he is the QB, he needs to deal with it and do the best he can. He didn't do that so he needs to be replaced simple as that.

Mac Jones, QB 2.

It's one thing for people to talk down his arm. It's another for people to ignore the damage done to this kid. He was David Carr'd. Acting as if that's on him is just denying reality.

The kid's broken, but let's blame the right person for that happening. And that person is Bill Belichick.

It was obvious at the time.

It's one thing for people to talk down his arm. It's another for people to ignore the damage done to this kid. He was David Carr'd. Acting as if that's on him is just denying reality.

The kid's broken, but let's blame the right person for that happening. And that person is Bill Belichick.

I mean, sure if you had put him in San Fran with elite grade A talent on the offensive side then sure. Most QBs in the NFL, don't get that. I'd argue Purdy here would be better than both Zappe and Mac, but he wouldn't be what he is in San Fran. I mean Brady might not have ended up Brady with this offense at a young age.

If you watch NFL games around the league, generally post snap, guys are in the QBs face, period. They are taking sacks left and right. Mahomes was running for his life a ton on Sunday. It's easy to point the finger and I agree BB could have and should have done more. I think his major fault was thinking Brady wasn't really the driving force when in fact he was.

Weak arm, weak attitude, weak offense around him..yeah it's a recipe for suckitude. Still he always seemed to me a one read type of guy and that hurt him as defenses adjusted. I had high hopes for the kid I really did because it would solve a lot of issues for the Pats.

I mean, sure if you had put him in San Fran with elite grade A talent on the offensive side then sure. Most QBs in the NFL, don't get that. I'd argue Purdy here would be better than both Zappe and Mac, but he wouldn't be what he is in San Fran. I mean Brady might not have ended up Brady with this offense at a young age.

If you watch NFL games around the league, generally post snap, guys are in the QBs face, period. They are taking sacks left and right. Mahomes was running for his life a ton on Sunday. It's easy to point the finger and I agree BB could have and should have done more. I think his major fault was thinking Brady wasn't really the driving force when in fact he was.

Weak arm, weak attitude, weak offense around him..yeah it's a recipe for suckitude. Still he always seemed to me a one read type of guy and that hurt him as defenses adjusted. I had high hopes for the kid I really did because it would solve a lot of issues for the Pats.

Hang on, there. I was referring specifically to what you'd posted:

I don't think he get the NFL open idea

It was clear that he understood that even in his early games as a rookie.

As for the rest, I'm not going to go in circles about this. QBs get sped up. It's usually a short-term thing, as a matter of a drive or two, or a game or two. But, if you speed up a QB enough, it can lead to long (or long "ish") term issues, usually in the form of altered habits and mechanics. And, if you really get to him long enough, it can break him. This has been known and understood since long before the arrival of Mac Jones to the Patriots. David Carr has often been held up as the poster child for it.

I don't know why people here, and elsewhere in the Patriots fan base, want to scapegoat Jones over things that were obviously not his fault. It's embarrassing to see it, and it makes Patriots fans look like idiots. Jones' limitations are his own, and they were known before he took a single snap in the NFL. But the shitty OL, WR, 3dRBs and TE2/Te3 are not on him, and neither is the plethora of coaching failures.

Back