Make Some Freaking Noise on Sunday!

DarrylStingley on 12-07-2007 at 07:39 AM said:
Not everyone who buys through agencies is a lame fan, though.

I've bought tix that way plenty of times. I'm sitting in seats for the Jets game that I got through a broker. If you're willing to pay up for tix, you just might be a die hard fan.....

I'd rather have season tix, myself, but I'm not that lucky....
not saying you are, just those are the ticket holders during the season we remember

trust me it is great to have season tickets but Kraft does not treat them as well as he should. New stadium brought a new disregard for the holder...sorry for the hi-jack this should be in this thread

DarrylStingley on 12-07-2007 at 07:39 AM said:
Not everyone who buys through agencies is a lame fan, though.

I've bought tix that way plenty of times. I'm sitting in seats for the Jets game that I got through a broker. If you're willing to pay up for tix, you just might be a die hard fan.....

I'd rather have season tix, myself, but I'm not that lucky....

As I said, the hardier ones tend to show up later in the season. Many people won't be willing to shell out the money being asked by the agencies with the risk of cold/bad weather. A guy is not gonna have a great date if the temp is around freezing. The dad's kids will spend more time whining than watching. The ones willing to pay the big bucks and cope with the conditions are the true fans.

The people in my section are way to laidback, they get all bent out of shape if they have to stand up. It is quite lame they are goog people but too laid back, as a saeson ticket holder I was embarrassed about the amount of noise in the Eagles game made
me yern for the Foxboro stadium days. SEC 134 WAKE UP!

Great points Bid. I for one am willing to freeze my cheeks off in oder to see my favorite sports team whoop it up on the Squalers....I wll be there with three of my best freinds all of whom are loud and are all huge Pats fans. They have been looking forward to this since we got the tix this summer!

*mikiemo83 on 12-07-2007 at 07:45 AM said:
not saying you are, just those are the ticket holders during the season we remember

trust me it is great to have season tickets but Kraft does not treat them as well as he should. New stadium brought a new disregard for the holder...sorry for the hi-jack this should be in this thread
I know and was not intending to react defensively.

Just saying, as Bid said, that people who buy tix from brokers are often big fans.

As to the comment about section 134, it is really sad when the people making the most noise are visiting fans. Damn, it upsets me. We have the fricking best team in sports and we are not loud, by and large.

I hope this thread helps. I don't mean to be egotistical. I just believe that there are enough planet folks who will be at the game to make a difference if people take this up.

I think Bid summed it up best. Late season games are always loud. I don't expect Sunday to be any different. Sometimes it's hard to tell from the nosebleeds just how loud it is, but to me the crowds typically know when they should be loud and when they can sit down and take a break.

I've pretty much given up on hoping that there is a lot of noise at Gillette. I've gone to plenty of games there and no matter what, no one likes to get into the game for what ever reason. It makes me mad that they have made this stadium so "family friendly" that people are afraid to cheer.

I always bring this up, I was once asked to sit down in my seat so the person two rows behind me could see the field.....when the Colts were at 3rd and goal coming into our endzone.

But I agree, our fans need to get up and get loud for us to cash in on having this game in Foxborro. Its the first time we have played these guys in our house in some time, lets make them wish they were playing in Shittsburgh.

Sorry Cad, but that is nonsense. Sure there have been games that the crowd noise has been a non-factor, but more times than not they get loud when they need to.

ESPECIALLY against teams like Pittsburgh. And playoff games are ridiculously loud. At least the 9 playoff games that I have been to.

Guys,

keep in mind that there are a large number of us (myself, Annihilus, Brownie, Chef all come immediately to mind) who live outside the area and will almost assuredly never get a chance to attend a game at the Razor. Rest assured we would scream our heads off the whole game if we did, so think of us and get the noise machine CRANKING!!!

...do it for us...

This has been an issue for sometime and the fans really need to step it up. These last six years have been a dream to get to enjoy and should be treated as such as it could end enytime. So make some noise at all the games!!!

cadmonkey on 12-07-2007 at 09:33 AM said:
I've pretty much given up on hoping that there is a lot of noise at Gillette. I've gone to plenty of games there and no matter what, no one likes to get into the game for what ever reason. It makes me mad that they have made this stadium so "family friendly" that people are afraid to cheer.

I disagree with this - there has probably been 50 or 60 games played at Gillette, I have been to about 35 or 40 of them. The crowd has been lousy at some games (Philly etc.) - and very loud at other games (Tampa '05, Colts divisional playoff, SD this year).
I think it is good to be fired up about this but I think it is a moot point - the crowd will be going nuts on Sunday. There is too much on the line - I believe the crowd will be insane on Sunday (I know I'll be making a ton of noise).

People need to get in there in plenty of time for kickoff too.

TBrownslady* on 12-06-2007 at 09:37 PM said:
Come here so I can smack you! :mad:

Enough with the cheating crap huh! Even if you are kidding it's getting LAME :thwak:

I am telling ya the ignore button suits SF87 very well. Fookin loser is in every thread shitting all over everything.

bideau* on 12-07-2007 at 07:15 AM said:
I always do my part and I'll continue to.

The cold, late season weather usually brings out the harder core fans. The wine and cheesers tend to stay home. The kiddies are kept at home. The noise level usually goes up.

Not making excuses, just stating facts. The four seats to my left are held by a ticket agency. Typically, there's two guys with their dates who are more focused on their post game prospects, or a family spending more time buying cotton candy or souveniers or the hopelessly drunk spending more time in the beer line.

Unfortunately, your request is probably not being read by the corporate suits or the giggling girlfriends.

But rest assured that my buddy and I will be doing our part.

Our group will be there. We'll do our part. Section 330 gang.. we raise hell. Can't wait.

Pats247 on 12-07-2007 at 02:00 PM said:
I disagree with this - there has probably been 50 or 60 games played at Gillette, I have been to about 35 or 40 of them. The crowd has been lousy at some games (Philly etc.) - and very loud at other games (Tampa '05, Colts divisional playoff, SD this year).
I think it is good to be fired up about this but I think it is a moot point - the crowd will be going nuts on Sunday. There is too much on the line - I believe the crowd will be insane on Sunday (I know I'll be making a ton of noise).

People need to get in there in plenty of time for kickoff too.

I agree, I was at the SD game too and it was crazy. Best part was the standing O that BB got that night when he came out of the tunnel.

I will make some noise. You can count on me. The sound of me freaking will reverberate throughout my entire neighborhood.

Dude, we yell. We smash our chairs...and actaully have broken them twice...both times fixed at the start of the next season. :D

But seriously, there are way too many puzzies in Gilette. The red seats suck.

The upper deck is too far away.

The endzones are open.

I mean, when we yell there is like 5 of us doing it.

it sucks. I get larengitis.

sonsofkraftybob on 12-07-2007 at 02:39 PM said:
Dude, we yell. We smash our chairs...and actaully have broken them twice...both times fixed at the start of the next season. :D

But seriously, there are way too many puzzies in Gilette. The red seats suck.

The upper deck is too far away.

The endzones are open.

I mean, when we yell there is like 5 of us doing it.

it sucks. I get larengitis.

Besides the wine & cheese crowd, you hit on the other big problem. The stadium is just not designed to maximize crowd noise. It takes a decent amount of lung power to get the same noise level that other stadiums can produce.

My neice and her husband went to a Seahawks game this season. They said their ears were hurting when it was over. But Seattle's stadium is designed to amplify crowd noise. The coverings over the stands bounce the noise back towards the field.

It would be nice to see Kraft invest some money in making improvements to the acoustics.

bideau* on 12-07-2007 at 02:59 PM said:
Besides the wine & cheese crowd, you hit on the other big problem. The stadium is just not designed to maximize crowd noise. It takes a decent amount of lung power to get the same noise level that other stadiums can produce.

My neice and her husband went to a Seahawks game this season. They said their ears were hurting when it was over. But Seattle's stadium is designed to amplify crowd noise. The coverings over the stands bounce the noise back towards the field.

It would be nice to see Kraft invest some money in making improvements to the acoustics.

Sign #1 that your franchise has reached dynasty level: People on a team message board complaining about the accoustics of the stadium.

southcarolina* on 12-07-2007 at 03:12 PM said:
Sign #1 that your franchise has reached dynasty level: People on a team message board complaining about the accoustics of the stadium.

It's a constant quest for perfection.

bideau* on 12-07-2007 at 03:13 PM said:
It's a constant quest for perfection.

I wouldnt know. Ive never been within 1000 miles fo Gilette Stadium :(

Back