Malcolm Butler

I am not sure this was about redemption. I believe BB saw how crappy Butler was playing pretty much all year but especially vs Tennessee and made a tough call. I am not sure we can crucify BB on this when he played Butler in 2014 after having a great week of practice leading up to the SB and then benching him prior to this one when he sucked. I truly believe BB thought the defense would have been worse with Butler in there based on a myriad of factors - his piss poor play, the team we were playing and his overall attitude which has also sucked this year. The whole thing honestly is depressing which is why I said yesterday that BB should have just traded him to the Saints. He did not have the mental fortitude this season to handle being the #2 CB behind Gilmore.

This is BS.

He didn’t play well vs Tenn.

He wasn’t horrible vs JaxY.

We were terrible in the 1st half Sunday. Couldn’t stop anything. Start him 2nd half and just see how they respond.

Even if he did something egregious. You just sat him for a half in the SB!!! Message sent to all and still a chance to win!

You don’t tarnish legacys and once in a lifetime chances for many to spite a singular player who’s out the door in 4 hrs.

This...

And Chandler Jones played after his faux weed BS too.

BB fucked up. Bottom line.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I am not sure this was about redemption. I believe BB saw how crappy Butler was playing pretty much all year but especially vs Tennessee and made a tough call. I am not sure we can crucify BB on this when he played Butler in 2014 after having a great week of practice leading up to the SB and then benching him prior to this one when he sucked. I truly believe BB thought the defense would have been worse with Butler in there based on a myriad of factors - his piss poor play, the team we were playing and his overall attitude which has also sucked this year. The whole thing honestly is depressing which is why I said yesterday that BB should have just traded him to the Saints. He did not have the mental fortitude this season to handle being the #2 CB behind Gilmore.

Richards was an improvement though... :rolleyes:

Ya no issue with him not starting but to not even see the field when the D is getting carved up makes no fucking sense. Rowe wasn’t even very good. Plus way too much Richards and Chung was in bad matchups (somewhat related).

If he did something terrible and truly deserved it then he should have been inactive. Dressing him and making him available and then not playing him when the D was next to useless is insulting to more than just Butler. I can’t imagine there aren’t players in that room who aren’t happy with BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever Butlers issues were I have a hard time believing he would have underperformed Richards and Bademosi. I could see BB penalizing Butler for a game during the regular season but doing this for the entire SB is in essence penalizing the entire team and the fans. Brady, Gronk and co work to hard for this!

Lions.

Shit, any other team that the Pats tree is connected to as well...

He'll still get paid plenty. Not as much as he could have, but, he'll be able to feed his family.
IF he ends up in Detroit it is a tell that Bill was being vindictive, but it no Patriot associates signs him it is a sign Butler messed up big time.

IF he ends up in Detroit it is a tell that Bill was being vindictive, but it no Patriot associates signs him it is a sign Butler messed up big time.

I'd agree...

But, he does know the overall system. Easier learning curve. And all of that.

26872052_2025069931063261_58256017279942656_n.jpg

BB must have had his reasons for not playing Butler. What they were, we may never know so, until I hear what they are, I am not speculating and will not offer up a comment.

Back