Manning looking terrible - QB controversy in Denver

Fake friendly, to boot.

Some of them, yes, but not all (not even a majority, really). That is true of any region of the country, though. Minnesota is the worst of all for 'fake nice'.

I am not sure what happened to me in my upbringing then. I have lived in New England all my life (the first 18 years in Foxborough no less), and I am patient to a fault. I sometimes drive family members crazy with it (especially at Christmas time).

You're like my friend in Somerset, KY that has lived there his entire life and has no southern accent to speak of. Like an albino.

BTW, I watched last nights Denver game on NFLN and Manning didn't look any worse that Brady has :shrug:

You're like my friend in Somerset, KY that has lived there his entire life and has no southern accent to speak of. Like an albino.

Yeah I don't have much of a Bahhston accent either. I tend to pronounce my R's.

The thing is since I'm a Bostonian, I'm not alone. Now, I've spent lots of time in Tennessee, which I love, but I don't do well there. Everyone is wayyyy too friendly.

I was listening to a Comedy Central show on SiriusXM last night and a caller from Tennessee told the hosts that a female relative of his hooked up with a dude at his place which happened to be located in a storage unit.

The hosts went crazy with this scenario.

If ya'll get chilly I can get a packing blanket. It's asbestos, but has a 250 thread count, so it's pretty comfortable.

Hey, if yer a squirter then try to be careful to miss my G.I. Joe collection. The boxes are in mint condition.

Don't worry about gettin' a little noisy. Nobody can hear a damn thing when the steel door is shut tight.

I was just dying laughing.

Well, some of that is regional (but not all of it). I know plenty of New Englanders as well as pockets of people across the rest of the country and I'll just say that patience and tact are low on the scale of importance to a fair percentage of y'all up there in NE. I don't judge. Each area of the country has their thing.

Not you, of course. I'm thinking more along the lines of Boston Tim or mikiemo.
I get bored talking about leaves, or the weather, or how wonderful the world would be if everybody had more patience.

So sue me, dammit!!!

:cuss:

I was listening to a Comedy Central show on SiriusXM last night and a caller from Tennessee told the hosts that a female relative of his hooked up with a dude at his place which happened to be located in a storage unit.

The hosts went crazy with this scenario.

If ya'll get chilly I can get a packing blanket. It's asbestos, but has a 250 thread count, so it's pretty comfortable.

Hey, if yer a squirter then try to be careful to miss my G.I. Joe collection. The boxes are in mint condition.

Don't worry about gettin' a little noisy. Nobody can hear a damn thing when the steel door is shut tight.

I was just dying laughing.
The chief of police had himself a mistress and their meeting place was a storage unit. Had the place all cleaned up, mattress and candlelight. Right here in downtown Cleveland, TN, on the buckle of the bible belt. These folks aren't quite right...plenty of hotels around for that kind of thing.

I am not sure what happened to me in my upbringing then. I have lived in New England all my life (the first 18 years in Foxborough no less), and I am patient to a fault. I sometimes drive family members crazy with it (especially at Christmas time).
Are you the type that has to unwrap a present without tearing the paper? My exwife did that. It would take her a half an hour waiting to see what she got...ROFL

<i>Are you the type that has to unwrap a present without tearing the paper? My exwife did that. It would take her a half an hour waiting to see what she got...</i>

This reminds me of an Archie Comics story I read as a kid about Betty and Veronica wanting to save the wrapping paper so Archie went through all kinds of shenanigans to unwrap his Christmas present, getting the ribbon off in one piece and steaming open the paper. After he and Jughead left the house, Jug asked what he got and he said he forgot to look since he was so nervous about the wrapping paper! :)

Are you the type that has to unwrap a present without tearing the paper? My exwife did that. It would take her a half an hour waiting to see what she got...ROFL

Not because I care about the paper, but I will occasionally do this, especially for presents from the kids, just for the impatient reactions.

This reminds me of an Archie Comics story I read as a kid about Betty and Veronica wanting to save the wrapping paper so Archie went through all kinds of shenanigans to unwrap his Christmas present, getting the ribbon off in one piece and steaming open the paper. After he and Jughead left the house, Jug asked what he got and he said he forgot to look since he was so nervous about the wrapping paper! :)
I remember at 4 years old it was not even Christmas yet, however my Mom and Dad use to put gifts for other relatives under the tree. Well one morning I snuck down stairs tried to carefully open one, and it was a playdough set. I played with it for about 30 minutes give or take, and did a half ass job rewrapping the gift... My Dad came to me later in the day, with gift in hand and asked me what the hell is this? I said Playdough. ROFL

I love how this thread started about how much Manning sucks all of the sudden and has transgressed to a wrapping paper discussion.

I love the Planet.:wave:

That would be me also. I always open presents very slowly and carefully.

One reason is because I want to prolong the excitement and mystery of what that wrapped package may contain.

The other reason is because I grew up in a home that would probably now be considered "eco friendly". My parents saw no need in throwing away wrapping paper. So, my brothers and I were taught from an early age to open wrapped presents as carefully as possible.

My mother would then cut off any tape or ragged edges and save the paper for the next birthday, Christmas, etc. She would keep doing that until that paper was so small that it wouldn't even cover a ring box.

Since I didn't pass this practice along to my children, my slow present unwrapping often drove them nutz. Then, my son spent some time studying in Japan. When he came home, he told me that he saw things very differently.

According to him: The Japanese give presents more as a daily practice than just for special events. They would never, ever think of ripping the wrapping paper off of a gift as they consider the time that the giver took into wrapping the present as a part of the gift. To rip the wrapping paper off would be considered an insult.

So, I now tell anyone who is frustrated with my slow, careful unwrapping that I am merely respecting the time they took to wrap a gift for me.

That's also a bit of a hint to my husband who still doesn't understand why I objected to being given gifts that were still in a shopping bag.

Manning better better be fine. I drafted his 2 stud wideouts in my fantasy league. LOL. :)

I remember at 4 years old it was not even Christmas yet, however my Mom and Dad use to put gifts for other relatives under the tree. Well one morning I snuck down stairs tried to carefully open one, and it was a playdough set. I played with it for about 30 minutes give or take, and did a half ass job rewrapping the gift... My Dad came to me later in the day, with gift in hand and asked me what the hell is this? I said Playdough. ROFL

Ha...I did this many times. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think it's really going to matter who starts at QB out there-- that is a team that is going to be backsliding this year in all likelihood.

I was a Manning hater for the first half of his career and gradually came to respect the guy. I've stayed out of the hatefest for years now and feel a bit sorry for him now as Elway has fvcked the situation up to a faretheewell by hiring a career .500 coach in Kubiak and hosed up the roster with a "rich and poor" approach.

If Manning has a great year this year then it will be an epic accomplishment. More likely, he will struggle with getting his brains beaten out in a new offense with serious personnel issues and fade away as an after-thought.

It was great while it lasted. It'll be a damn long time before any two QBs have a rivalry like Brady vs. Manning. It would have been nice to give him one last head-up playoff whipping on his way out the door, but it appears that is all in the rear view mirror.

Yep, I said it. I feel sorry for Manning. He deserved a better fate.

I don't think it's really going to matter who starts at QB out there-- that is a team that is going to be backsliding this year in all likelihood.

I was a Manning hater for the first half of his career and gradually came to respect the guy. I've stayed out of the hatefest for years now and feel a bit sorry for him now as Elway has fvcked the situation up to a faretheewell by hiring a career .500 coach in Kubiak and hosed up the roster with a "rich and poor" approach.

If Manning has a great year this year then it will be an epic accomplishment. More likely, he will struggle with getting his brains beaten out in a new offense with serious personnel issues and fade away as an after-thought.

It was great while it lasted. It'll be a damn long time before any two QBs have a rivalry like Brady vs. Manning. It would have been nice to give him one last head-up playoff whipping on his way out the door, but it appears that is all in the rear view mirror.

He's also (at least it appears) lost 20 pounds so he can run that :BS: Shanahan bootleg offense that's so cutting edge if this were 1995.

I fear he's going to end his career being carted off the field. He deserves better than that.

Almost every great QBs career ends badly save for Elway who got the magical send off because his team cheated the cap for 3 years.

I do agree about Manning though. I don't get why Elway brought in Kubiak and just didn't release Manning. This offense will be brutal for him and on top the back up QB, Brock Osweiller, is a better fit to run it as he is much more athletic. It does seem it will end poorly and may even end with Manning getting injured as his Oline is awful.

I just rip the paper off and throw it in the fireplace. It burns really bright.

Back