Matt Schaub to Texans

Trot

Reaction score
OT: Matt Schaub to Texans

for 2nd rounder plus "other considerations."

On NFL network scroll.

Why do these AFC South teams have to be so hell bent on getting better?!!

I wish we had teams like the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets in our division. At least they don't try so hard to get better.:banghead:

This is really surprising, as the word out of Atlanta is that Schaub was untouchable based on Vick having to compete for the position this year.

Well, the Falcons are done.

Peytonsux on 03-21-2007 at 01:46 PM said:
This is really surprising, as the word out of Atlanta is that Schaub was untouchable based on Vick having to compete for the position this year.

Well, the Falcons are done.

Time for Vick to put up or shut up. No excuses this year, it's all on him.

I bet he folds like one of your suits.

SWEET! The Texans just got better. Now hopefully they'll shore up the OL for Matty so he can have a career.

jaric on 03-21-2007 at 12:36 PM said:
Damnit.

I had gotten used to the idea of abusing Carr twice a year.
What, is Schaub going to play on the line for pass protection?

So is everyone here assuming Schaub is immediately atop the depth chart at QB and Carr is a non-factor? I expect there to be a training camp position battle for the QB spot. I don't automatically hand the ball over to Schaub here---maybe it's just me though.

Damn.... Colts fans aren't going to be happy about that. :D

Now the Colts actually have to face a good QB twice a year.

Love Schaub. Liked him at Virginia. The guy is the real deal and now gets to prove it.

Thankfully it's against the Colts and not the Pats. I just had this fear that he'd end up in Miami.

It will be good to see the Texans do well now. I mean, Schaub to Johnson should be a pretty good hook up for the next few years.

Fully Tilted on 03-21-2007 at 12:52 PM said:
So is everyone here assuming Schaub is immediately atop the depth chart at QB and Carr is a non-factor. I expect there to be a training camp position battle for the QB spot. I don't automatically hand the ball over to Schaub here---maybe it's just me though.

They might have a token competition, but Annihilus would be willing to bet that he gets the job.

I'm with MGO, anywhere but Miami. This guy looks like the real deal. I'm very surprised Miami didn't try to make this deal with one of their second round picks. It sounds like they may have been able to parlay Wes Welker to NE into a deal for Schaub. I would have traded Welker for Schaub straight up no problem. Maybe the cap space just isn't available.

mgoblue101415 on 03-21-2007 at 02:11 PM said:
Actually, as far as Miami goes....

Rumor is that they're still trying to work a deal for Green. :shrug:
yeah Cam Cameron knows Green from being his position coach with Washington in 95/96

mgoblue101415 on 03-21-2007 at 01:53 PM said:
Thankfully it's against the Colts and not the Pats. I just had this fear that he'd end up in Miami.

Word is Trent Green may be heading to Miami..........

I may be wrong but Greens around 37 or 38..I'm glad they cheaped out last year and didn't get Drew Brees who is probably 10 years younger....

Therick67 on 03-21-2007 at 02:24 PM said:
I may be wrong but Greens around 37 or 38..I'm glad they cheaped out last year and didn't get Drew Brees who is probably 10 years younger....
Green says he is younger than Farve with approx 1000 less game throws so is a young 38 y.o.

dashoe on 03-21-2007 at 01:46 PM said:
Why do these AFC South teams have to be so hell bent on getting better?!!

I wish we had teams like the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets in our division. At least they don't try so hard to get better.:banghead:

Last year the Colts beat the Jets by 3, Pats by 7, Bills by 1, and Fins by 5. And the Bills and Fins games were in Indy.

The Colts had four big wins, and the other eight wins were all by 7 or less (plus the four losses).

I'd worry less about wishing you were in the AFC East, and more about winning any games AT ALL considering the rate you're losing players.

JD10367 on 03-21-2007 at 02:37 PM said:
Last year the Colts beat the Jets by 3, Pats by 7, Bills by 1, and Fins by 5. And the Bills and Fins games were in Indy.

The Colts had four big wins, and the other eight wins were all by 7 or less (plus the four losses).

I'd worry less about wishing you were in the AFC East, and more about winning any games AT ALL considering the rate you're losing players.

I think winning the close games made us a better team. That proved late last season. We weren't playing our best but we knew how to pull out games. Not by throwing the ball down the field every play but relaxing and taking what the defense gives us.

I'm concerned about the players we lost but the front office knows more than us. People thought we were nuts when we let James go. It turned out OK. I like June but he was overrated. He was a horrible tackler. Good in coverage but he was really exposed during that stretch where teams were running wild on us

Back