McD Head Coach in 2017?

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
CBS Sports this morning were talking about McD ready to be a head coach again next year...his stock might not ever get this high again. I don't blame him actually...hopefully he doesn't steal too many coaches here.

I don't have any links yet, if you find them...feel free to put them here.

CBS Sports this morning were talking about McD ready to be a head coach again next year...his stock might not ever get this high again. I don't blame him actually...hopefully he doesn't steal too many coaches here.

I don't have any links yet, if you find them...feel free to put them here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ertain-to-land-a-job-as-a-head-coach-in-2017/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mcdaniels-teryl-austin-among-coaches-to-watch

Plenty out there.

It will be a question of when McD wants to make the move. He's very happy here with the area, the head coach and his QBs and all the weapons. His family are settled.

Does he really want to end up in Buffalo next season? It could be a good move in many respects as the team can only go up surely after the Ryan disaster. But does he want this? Norv Turner seems happier away from the HC role now and some people may simply not want the HC spot.

No question though, he could have options....Buffalo, LA, Indy, Browns, Maybe Chicago, SD, Detroit.....

He could want to cash in and maybe he should. I think he'll be picky about where he goes and Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit won't appeal to him. LA, SD and Chicago may appeal depending how much control he has over players. Chicago without Cutler but with JG might do it for Josh. Time will tell.

From what I can tell it was Jason LaCanfora who put this report out there first. I don't know if I trust him to break this kind of story on the Pats.

Josh McDaniels' stock may never be higher, and he will cash in. Prepared to give head coaching a 2nd shot in 2017

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 25, 2016

That would fit in well with my schedule. TFB will get one for the thumb this year, become OC for JimmyG, being groomed to take over for BFB when he retires.

Hopefully, he'll be more humble this time around. If he's smart he'll only go where there is good ownership. His record doesn't really support giving him sole control of player personnel decisions, but he sure can run an offense.

He shouldn't go near the Bills if it's an option. The owners seem dodgy, having player meetings without the HC and he'd have to operate in the AFCE under the shadow of Bill.

I agree, Chicago sans Cutler would be a great spot.

From what I can tell it was Jason LaCanfora who put this report out there first. I don't know if I trust him to break this kind of story on the Pats.

Josh McDaniels' stock may never be higher, and he will cash in. Prepared to give head coaching a 2nd shot in 2017

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 25, 2016

Yes, he was the guy who was talking mostly about it...dunno how true it is though.

Rams already have their coach... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

I could see Lions actually...the GM is an ex Pat. Titans also...

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

I can't see Josh or his family living in either place.

I know where he wont go. Josh might be able to do it, but he better have a strong cast around him. Including a strong GM. That said, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Rams go after him.

This.

What about josh in Jacksonville?
young qb with talent, owner not an ostentatious pr driven asshole, seems committed to making improvements to win.

What about josh in Jacksonville?
young qb with talent, owner not an ostentatious pr driven asshole, seems committed to making improvements to win.

If Bortles hadn't taken a huge step backward this year, I guess you'd think about it, but he's toast.

Although who knows? Gus Bradley's 12-39, and he hasn't been fired yet.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Josh only goes somewhere where he can have TFB/JimmyG with him.

Back