McD Head Coach in 2017?

No one mentioned JMD being HC of the NEP. A distinct possibility IMO

Do you think that BB will retire after this year? I hope not...

BB ain't doing this forever and any solid business does succession planning. It would not surprise me if Josh already knows he's the heir whenever BB says enough.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. One more bedshitting like the one he pulled against the Cowboys and I could change my mind though...

Were I the HC, I'd give KC the whole season. Tell him he's your guy, you're not pulling him. I think his issues are mental. He's one of those guys who puts so much on himself that he presses. Remove that worry. See how he does. Colt McCoy is a backup. Period. You're not going to find out any more about him, he's not going to develop into Kurt Warner and lead your team to the SB. He's a decent backup, but a backup...Hoyeresque. The team shouldn't be vying for him as an alternative for stardom so it shouldn't be a divisive thing not to start him

Gru-dog II needs to can it with the public criticism of his players too. I was stunned (and thought it was terrible) when he did it to RGIII, but thought maybe it was just him. Nope. In the upcoming offseason (since they didn't do it this past offseason), they need to clean out their lockerroom of all the "sources" whisperers too. There was a LB I believe on the NYG who used to be on the Redskins who said that when things were going wrong , the lockerroom started to point fingers. Banish that, pronto.

If we're lucky, people will be gunshy about hiring BB's staff since most of them have not done well in new roles outside of BB's realm.

Damn Straight. I also suspect he'd get the HC job over Josh.

I'd worry that Patricia doesn't seem to have the personality for a HC. He seems quiet, ornery and he's often impolite to the media. :coffee:

Read this from a Titans fan:

The Titans hired Mularkey and the new GM agreed so that they can hire Josh McDaniel. They knew that Mularkey would fail and that with his philosophy the GM (ex Patriot scout) could begin building the Patriots South. That allows for McDaniel to avoid a first bad season and come in with a roster similar to the one he has had success with. It would also increase the value of a franchise where the NFL dislikes the current ownership structure.

I'd worry that Patricia doesn't seem to have the personality for a HC. He seems quiet, ornery and he's often impolite to the media. :coffee:

Besides, he reminds me of a boy named Sue. :coffee:

Cheers

Read this from a Titans fan:

The Titans hired Mularkey and the new GM agreed so that they can hire Josh McDaniel. They knew that Mularkey would fail and that with his philosophy the GM (ex Patriot scout) could begin building the Patriots South. That allows for McDaniel to avoid a first bad season and come in with a roster similar to the one he has had success with. It would also increase the value of a franchise where the NFL dislikes the current ownership structure.

Same thing in Detroit... :coffee:

Were I the HC, I'd give KC the whole season. Tell him he's your guy, you're not pulling him. I think his issues are mental. He's one of those guys who puts so much on himself that he presses. Remove that worry. See how he does. Colt McCoy is a backup. Period. You're not going to find out any more about him, he's not going to develop into Kurt Warner and lead your team to the SB. He's a decent backup, but a backup...Hoyeresque. The team shouldn't be vying for him as an alternative for stardom so it shouldn't be a divisive thing not to start him

Gru-dog II needs to can it with the public criticism of his players too. I was stunned (and thought it was terrible) when he did it to RGIII, but thought maybe it was just him. Nope. In the upcoming offseason (since they didn't do it this past offseason), they need to clean out their lockerroom of all the "sources" whisperers too. There was a LB I believe on the NYG who used to be on the Redskins who said that when things were going wrong , the lockerroom started to point fingers. Banish that, pronto.

Keenan Robinson.

My issues with Gruden fall into two categories-

- pervasive attitude and atmosphere

- game preparation

On the offensive side of the ball, the 'Skins have tremendous talent...possibly as good as any team in the league. BB would win a Super Bowl with Captain Kirk- I've seen enough of him to know that he has all the skills necessary to get the job done. They have Scot McCloughan making the personnel decisions- this guy built Super Bowl teams in SF and Seattle. I think Gruden is the one that needs to be on a short leash, and I think that even the slightest step backwards should result in him getting the boot.

As the league is so fond of flaunting:

Noll 22 Years
Cowher 15 Years
Tomlin in year 10

The Rooneys may be to slow on the trigger at times. :coffee:

Cheers

Talk about the Jeff Fisher of the 90s. He won 1 ring, that team should have won like 7.

You know an offensive coordinator is a hot head-coaching candidate when he's already getting asked about jobs just three weeks into the season.
"I love where I'm at," Patriots play-caller Josh McDaniels said Monday on WEEI-FM, via The Boston Herald. "I've said before that I think we all have aspirations to grow and get better and improve and potentially move up and what have you, and who knows. Maybe that day happens, maybe it doesn't, but I know this: I'm really thankful that I have the opportunity that I have to coach the players that we have here and to work underneath Bill and Robert and the Kraft family. It's a privilege here."

During the research process for our first coaching NEXT list, we found that McDaniels' name was on the tip of just about everyone's tongue -- and that was before he designed three different game plans for two quarterbacks, helping New England coast to a 3-0 record without Tom Brady.

The scouting report on McDaniels is that he needs some time to interview and wants the right opportunity to come along before jumping ship again. Finding the right combination of personnel and executive management is never easy. And in the meantime, he is absolutely right -- he has one of the best jobs in the NFL.

"I feel like I have one of the best jobs in the world and I'm just thankful that I have the opportunity to come here and do it each week," he said. "It's a great honor to do that and I enjoy it so much going to work with these guys each week."

Almost like ESPN analyst and former head coach Jon Gruden, McDaniels is in a place where his stock can't really drop significantly. Despite his rocky tenure as head coach of the Denver Broncos, McDaniels will always be looked at much like his mentor, Bill Belichick, who flourished with a second chance to be an NFL head coach. McDaniels continues to design top 10 offenses and make the playoffs with an organization that won't dream of letting him go anytime soon. Owners keep angling for the chance to squeeze him in for an interview amid Super Bowl runs. It's hard not to love that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...niels-i-love-where-im-at?campaign=Twitter_atn

Joshy has a choice. Go coach somewhere else, or stay here and coach the Patriots when Belichick's had enough.

He's said in the past, he doesn't want to be like Shula or Marv Levy. He won't coach forever like they did. He passed Curly Lambeau in wins, and he's got 24 to go to reach Tom Landry. It's 94 to reach Halas, and I don't think he's going to hang around another 9 or 10 years just to reach that. He could easily catch Landry in 3 years, and can still retire before he becomes a corpse on the sidelines like Shula was.

Would Joshy wait until 2019? He'd still only be 43.

That's still plenty young enough to try the HC again, and by then he could possibly be HoF bound as a coordinator anywho.

Jim Harbaugh's wife said the same thing until Michigan offered $8 mil a year ... McD wants to head coach again. The issue is if he wants to wait for Belichick to retire which may be years or wait for the perfect job which may happen with Pags getting fired in Indy.

There is nothing perfect with respect to Indy

Back