McD Head Coach in 2017?

Joshy has a choice. Go coach somewhere else, or stay here and coach the Patriots when Belichick's had enough.

He's said in the past, he doesn't want to be like Shula or Marv Levy. He won't coach forever like they did. He passed Curly Lambeau in wins, and he's got 24 to go to reach Tom Landry. It's 94 to reach Halas, and I don't think he's going to hang around another 9 or 10 years just to reach that. He could easily catch Landry in 3 years, and can still retire before he becomes a corpse on the sidelines like Shula was.

Would Joshy wait until 2019? He'd still only be 43.

Joshy has a choice. Go coach somewhere else, or stay here and coach the Patriots when Belichick's had enough.

He's said in the past, he doesn't want to be like Shula or Marv Levy. He won't coach forever like they did. He passed Curly Lambeau in wins, and he's got 24 to go to reach Tom Landry. It's 94 to reach Halas, and I don't think he's going to hang around another 9 or 10 years just to reach that. He could easily catch Landry in 3 years, and can still retire before he becomes a corpse on the sidelines like Shula was.

Would Joshy wait until 2019? He'd still only be 43.

Or Josh could go somewhere for 3 years, make his mistakes there and come back.

I think McDaniels will certainly be gone next year. The other person who I think is going to be gone is Nick Caserio. He will get a GM gig (possibly Buffalo) next year as well. I think he'd be a huge loss.

Not that it's worth much, but my next-door neighbor is best friends with Josh's wife. She has told my neighbor that there isn't a chance in hell she's moving from Westwood. This is where she's staying and the kids are going to school.

So, there's that.

Not that it's worth much, but my next-door neighbor is best friends with Josh's wife. She has told my neighbor that there isn't a chance in hell she's moving from Westwood. This is where she's staying and the kids are going to school.

So, there's that.

Jim Harbaugh's wife said the same thing until Michigan offered $8 mil a year ... McD wants to head coach again. The issue is if he wants to wait for Belichick to retire which may be years or wait for the perfect job which may happen with Pags getting fired in Indy.

If he's going to leave, DC might be a great spot for him. Incredible talent on offense all across the board. Snyder has finally learned to let his football people run the show and the personnel decisions over the last couple seasons are staring to show that.

However...somebody needs to set Jay Gruden on fire. 'Skins could easily be 2-1 right now...and could just as easily have lost yesterday. I've seen prettier train wrecks.

If he's going to leave, DC might be a great spot for him. Incredible talent on offense all across the board. Snyder has finally learned to let his football people run the show and the personnel decisions over the last couple seasons are staring to show that.

However...somebody needs to set Jay Gruden on fire. 'Skins could easily be 2-1 right now...and could just as easily have lost yesterday. I've seen prettier train wrecks.

They need a quarterback. :coffee:

If Pitt had any sense they'd make a play for him. Their coach is a joke.

Could also see Chicago, Washington, Jax and SF. He shouldn't leave this year imo though. I'm not sure the opportunity will be there in 17. 18 yes.

Nah. JAG city, that guy.

He damn near got yanked for Colt "JAG City" McCoy last week. :coffee:

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. One more bedshitting like the one he pulled against the Cowboys and I could change my mind though...

If Pitt had any sense they'd make a play for him. Their coach is a joke.

As the league is so fond of flaunting:

Noll 22 Years
Cowher 15 Years
Tomlin in year 10

The Rooneys may be to slow on the trigger at times. :coffee:

Cheers

Back