Me Gronk, me not too smart sometimes

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
Dude misses end of season (including missing a Super Bowl) due to back injury (once again). Has surgery. Makes choice to climb into Wrestlemania ring and take someone on. What could possibly go wrong?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/rob-gronkowski-mojo-rawley-wrestlemania

ORLANDO — Rob Gronkowski has been helping his friend Mojo Rawley get ready in advance of Sunday’s WrestleMania.

He also helped Rawley win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Gronkowski was sitting in the front room when Rawley went through the middle rope and ended up near Gronkowski’s seat. Jinder Mahal followed Rawley out to the ring and continued to stomp on him to Gronk’s dismay.

Mahal then took a swig of Gronk’s drink and tossed the cup at him. Gronk jumped over the barricade — despite a futile attempt by security — and into the ring. He took off his T-shirt, took a three-point stance and then waited until Mahal turned around and flattened him.

When I read he did that I thought the worst, but seeing the video it's pretty tame stuff.

That said, he should stick to football.

This whole thing would have been planned for weeks in advance, I'm not too concerned.

Meh, I had a feeling some people would overreact to this. I watched the video and it was pretty harmless stuff really. One shoulder block and a couple kicks. Sure there was the potential that something could go wrong. There's also the potential that something could go wrong getting out of the shower.

Well, we all know what his career will be after football.

In 3-4 more years.

Meh, I had a feeling some people would overreact to this. I watched the video and it was pretty harmless stuff really. One shoulder block and a couple kicks. Sure there was the potential that something could go wrong. There's also the potential that something could go wrong getting out of the shower.

Of course it was staged and practiced. But fan/coach/team reaction would be way different to a shower mishap than a Wrestlemania stunt. I wouldn't even care what Gronk did in the offseason if he hadn't been injured so much in his career and wasn't rehabbing from a season ending injury. But hey, maybe it's his way to announce to the world that he's recovered. :coffee:

I'm more physical getting out of my car than Gronk fake kick and ridiculously weak shoulder block.

Ok fine:harumph:, so it was nothing more than a pillow fight (well, less than that), but if Gronk gets so much as a hangnail this season I'm blaming it on Wrestlemania!!!

Ok fine:harumph:, so it was nothing more than a pillow fight (well, less than that), but if Gronk gets so much as a hangnail this season I'm blaming it on Wrestlemania!!!

Posrep for an outstanding thread title.

You have to grapple with a professional wrestler to get out of your shower? Any youtube clips you can share?

As long as the team knows ahead of time and doesn't care (esp. with rehabbing players), I think it's fine.

My position on the thought that: "What a guy does in the offseason is his business, why should we get pissy?"
We can get fired anytime at our jobs, unless we are union (And I am sure the players union can and would file a grievance if they are affronted by any clause in a contract vis a vis the CBA),and most of us don't have contracts that depend on our being in top physical shape, and the best of the best at our profession (hence our differing compensation levels) to perform our jobs.

Ok, now we're talking serious off-season risk:
At RedSox opening day, Gronk steals Brady's newly recovered SB jersey, Brady chases Gronk and tackles him. Doomed, Pat's are doomed. Whole team will be injured before September!

Videos here:http://thebiglead.com/2017/04/03/ro...dy-tackled-gronk-in-the-fenway-park-outfield/

(If I'd seen the video of Gronk on the mat, I never would'a started this thread. What a silly joke! Easy to see why Pat's organization approved this.)

You have to grapple with a professional wrestler to get out of your shower? Any youtube clips you can share?

Well if you watched the video, there was no grappling involved. I was simply saying there was about as much risk of injury getting out of the shower (slipping and falling) as there was in what he did in the ring.

I don't care about the Wrasslemania stunt.

Even if Gronk got hurt, I still wouldn't be pissed. Some people shouldn't be tamed by public opinion and I hope he never changes. I figure anything we get out of him moving forward is gravy and it's very possible that won't be a whole lot even if somebody were to convince him to play the boy in the bubble.

Having said that, I heard a comment on NFL radio that suggested that Rob is simply setting up a post-football stint in WWE for not only himself, but his brothers. Maybe even his old man.

I find that entirely plausible. They'd be a great WWE storyline for a little while and it would give Gronk a way to give his brothers another day in the sun.

The big question is whether they'd make him a 'face or a heel.

Well if you watched the video, there was no grappling involved. I was simply saying there was about as much risk of injury getting out of the shower (slipping and falling) as there was in what he did in the ring.

He's probably got more risk of injury the first time he hist a blocking sled than the hit he made there.

Back