Merged - Patriots Final Cut Downs, 9/3/16

More roster churning. Pats add another Rutgers player

FOXBORO, Mass. — The New England Patriots continued to turn over their practice squad Wednesday by signing linebacker Quentin Gause. Gause, who’s 6-feet, 243 pounds, went undrafted out of Rutgers and signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as a rookie free agent this April. Gause originally was signed to the Eagles’ practice squad but was released Monday. He ran a 4.73-second 40-yard dash at his pro day in March with a 1.65-second 10-yard split, 7.01-second 3-cone, 4.12-second short shuttle, 36-inch vertical leap and 9-foot, 9-inch broad jump. He had 63 tackles, one sack, nine tackles for loss and one pass breakup in 2015, his senior season. It hasn’t been announced who the Patriots are releasing from the practice squad, but defensive end Rufus Johnson was the lone scout team player who wasn’t spotted in the locker room Wednesday.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/09/patriots-sign-ex-rutgers-linebacker-quentin-gause-to-practice-squad/

FOXBORO, Mass. — The New England Patriots continued to turn over their practice squad Wednesday by signing linebacker Quentin Gause. Gause, who’s 6-feet, 243 pounds, went undrafted out of Rutgers and signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as a rookie free agent this April. Gause originally was signed to the Eagles’ practice squad but was released Monday. He ran a 4.73-second 40-yard dash at his pro day in March with a 1.65-second 10-yard split, 7.01-second 3-cone, 4.12-second short shuttle, 36-inch vertical leap and 9-foot, 9-inch broad jump. He had 63 tackles, one sack, nine tackles for loss and one pass breakup in 2015, his senior season. It hasn’t been announced who the Patriots are releasing from the practice squad, but defensive end Rufus Johnson was the lone scout team player who wasn’t spotted in the locker room Wednesday.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/09/patriots-sign-ex-rutgers-linebacker-quentin-gause-to-practice-squad/

Ehhhhh, I hope this guys muscle mass has been built on good old whey protein.....:coffee:

57d0396754186794b3000001.png

At 6' 243# LBer he's too small for regular duty. Must be for teams, and that cat bearing down on you at full tilt is gonna pack a wallop.

Between him, King, Slater, Ebner...is Bill literally trying to kill someone?

He's seriously building so he can have an all-Rutgers defense one of these days.

I was thinking about starting a draft thread. Draft geeks go all year long. It's a nice change of pace and there's plenty that goes into. Injuries, players leaving, player development.

Anyway one name I'll throw out is Kemoko Turay. Former basketball player. 6'5/250 plays edge. Had down sophomore year with some injuries. Depending on how he responds he might be a guy that gets a look.

I was thinking about starting a draft thread. Draft geeks go all year long. It's a nice change of pace and there's plenty that goes into. Injuries, players leaving, player development.

Anyway one name I'll throw out is Kemoko Turay. Former basketball player. 6'5/250 plays edge. Had down sophomore year with some injuries. Depending on how he responds he might be a guy that gets a look.

A long, long time ago, when we marked these walls with burnt stick ends, we had 4 Forums: a footbally forum, the colorful off topic(anything goes) forum, politics&religion for $500, and the assclown asylum for the unfriendly.

The planet had a growth phase, and an enlightenment resulting in consolidation.

But anyways,

Feel free to start the 2017 Draft Thread. We will have one. I'm actually very surprised it's not up and churning with college ball rolling. It's one of my very favorite annual threads to peruse. Don't watch college ball, so info on players is garnered via these types of threads for draftees.

Back