MERGED - Poll: Who Do You Want to Face in the Divisionals? 1/13 1:05PM

Who Do You Want to Face in the Divisional Playoff

• Total voters

Roberto71

Reaction score
Still no clue who we'll face.

I have a feeling it will be the Texans and I suspect that would be where the bookies money will be. The Colts would be a serious threat to them though if they win that game tonight. If the Colts won the WC game then it would likely be the Ravens coming here as I'd fancy them to win against the Bolts in Baltimore. Preference is surely the Texans. No disrespect to them, but the Ravens have a physical, steeley defense that would cause us issues imho and a running QB.

Either way, as BB said this evening in the post game presser, the team will have to be at their best to win.

Still no clue who we'll face.

I have a feeling it will be the Texans and I suspect that would be where the bookies money will be. The Colts would be a serious threat to them though if they win that game tonight. If the Colts won the WC game then it would likely be the Ravens coming here as I'd fancy them to win against the Bolts in Baltimore. Preference is surely the Texans. No disrespect to them, but the Ravens have a physical, steeley defense that would cause us issues imho and a running QB.

Either way, as BB said this evening in the post game presser, the team will have to be at their best to win.
Yeah, it'll be vs Texans.

Not worried much about the CHiefs, even in KC, but doubt they can beat either the CHargers or the Ravens in a playoff game. Worst case scenario for me is vs Ravens in AFCCG. Still, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, and IMO that would be, in order:
1. Ravens
2. CHargers
3. Texans
4. KC
5. INdy/Titans

Poll: Who Do You Want to Face in the Divisionals?

Never too early to prognosticate.

Discuss.

My vote is fear-based. I fear the Chargers the least. (what a wuss)

Chargers, because:

1. If the Patriots are ahead by between 9 and 16 near the end, then we can count on a Rivers meltdown to seal the win for New England.

2. If the game is close near the end, then we can count on a Rivers meltdown to seal the win for New England.

If it's a NE blowout, then Rivers' meltdown won't matter; if it's a LAC blowout, then Rivers' meltdown won't happen.

Patriots should beat all three teams. None of those teams scare me in the least.

Patriots should beat all three teams. None of those teams scare me in the least.

Wow. You're a braver man than I am. I've seen us come out of some games against the Ravens with bloody noses and the Texans likewise are playing very well. At least the Chargers are a known quantity at this point and even at his scariest, Rivers doesn't scare me very much.

ps - whatever happened to Danny Woodhead?

Wow. You're a braver man than I am. I've seen us come out of some games against the Ravens with bloody noses and the Texans likewise are playing very well. At least the Chargers are a known quantity at this point and even at his scariest, Rivers doesn't scare me very much.

ps - whatever happened to Danny Woodhead?

Woodhead got injured again and retired, I believe.

Games from 4, 6, 7 and 10 years ago, are really meaningless to me. Fact is, the Ravens have been a borderline playoff team for the last 6 years, have significant flaws, and match up poorly against the Patriots. Also, their coach is totally bamboozled by the Patriots.

Not to mention they've lost to that team three times, ever. Nope. Not scared. Don't care. Patriots should be and will be favored in all three games, probably by around a touchdown in each one.

Oh, also the Patriots have lost to the Texans once (the Welker blown-out knee game) ever, and never in Foxboro.

May as well merge these threads since there will be overlapping discussion.

I agree with Tommy. Despite the AFC being "wide open" this year the Pats should beat any of the 3 teams we could face in the divisionals.

While I like our chances I think the Ravens pose the biggest threat given that they seem to be really riding high and their defense looks legit. I don't fear their offense. I think the Pats would shut that Tebow-esque read option pretty well especially at the Razor. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of that anemic Pats offense making an appearance.

All things considered I think Pats should be favorites again and I think the Championship passes through Foxboro.

The only concern with Baltimore is Lamar Jackson. The Pats always struggle against running QB's. They don't have the speed on defense to stop him.

But they can still take care of business with any of the 3 teams.

I think the Queef fans better pray that Houston wins their match next week as if they lose, the Colts travel to KC and that should scare Queef fans. A lot. Luck in form would torch that defense and the Colt defense is quite good itself now.

I think Pats can beat all three... and could lose to all three. Lamar Jackson's running and the Raven's D look the most concerning, and they have won in Foxoboro before.
(Ravens in the playoffs, obviously not Jackson personally)

Seems more likely that Texans or Chargers would gag the game away somehow.

Houston O line is porous. Watson got the shit kicked out of him all game yesterday and likely will again this week. Yep I’ll take Houston.

The only concern with Baltimore is Lamar Jackson. The Pats always struggle against running QB's. They don't have the speed on defense to stop him.

But they can still take care of business with any of the 3 teams.

Yes but 1 or 2 Elandon Roberts crushing hits may make him think twice about running outside.

Back