MERGED - Schefter: Mankins reports tomorrow

He'll make a tremendous backup to Connolly as far as I'm concerned.
For the next week or so. I've loved how Connolly has played - it gave the Patriots huge leverage vs. Mankins, and may be a serious factor in why Mankins returned early.

But don't think that Belichick won't put the players that give him the best chance to win on the field. And that's *probably* Logan Mankins.

Didn't see a link posted but Logan had a presser you can watch here. It's not a bad watch. Interesting to note that he said he has NOT been in California. He's been in Boston since April. Nothing but praise for Connolly and said he's nervous and excited to get back out there.

Said he wasn't going to talk about money right now but if the reporters could find him after the season was over he'd be happy to discuss it then.

Didn't see a link posted but Logan had a presser you can watch here. It's not a bad watch. Interesting to note that he said he has NOT been in California. He's been in Boston since April. Nothing but praise for Connolly and said he's nervous and excited to get back out there.

Said he wasn't going to talk about money right now but if the reporters could find him after the season was over he'd be happy to discuss it then.

I am torn watching that. At times he seems snotty as hell but in his way completely down to earth and honest. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that he is "good friends" with Connolly and other team mates so there won'tbe animosity should he start over Connolly.

He plays a lot of golf and has HUGE arms. I want to see him drive the ball.:)

I am torn watching that. At times he seems snotty as hell but in his way completely down to earth and honest. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that he is "good friends" with Connolly and other team mates so there won'tbe animosity should he start over Connolly.

He plays a lot of golf and has HUGE arms. I want to see him drive the ball.:)

True golf power is generated thru leg and hip drive.(though I'm sure he's got ample there too!:LOL:)

Things are all rosey. Yay, yay, Logan's back.

But ask yourself this honestly:

What would your feelings be if Connelly did suck, the Pats were at the bottom of the league in sacks allowed, and Brady missed a game or 2 to injury, the record was 2-5, and for all intents and purposes another year of the Brady-Belichick window was flushed right down the proverbial toilet?
-- I "knew" Connolly didn't suck, pay attention dammit. :thwak:
-- If NE is at the bottom of the league in sacks allowed - one player on the O-line isn't the reason. Remember 2008? Yeh, sacks, because the QB was too green to use his blockers properly and to read his blitz reads properly; the QB is more important to that than a single O-lineman. :thwak:
-- So Brady's hurt? Big whoop. Matt Cassel says how my ass taste (I can't name him or the wrath of the mods will descend)? Brian Hoyer is more experienced than Cass-dawg, what my worry mon? :thwak:
-- Brady-Belichick flushed down the drain? Brady takes the blame for his own knee injury in 2008. 2009, Mankins was here, the problem wasn't on the O-line.

Quit your whining. :thwak:
Lolo responds to Connolly doubters
Mankins complimented Connolly earlier in the day, saying, "I had a lot more faith in Dan Connolly than you [media] guys did before the season started. Dan is a great friend of mine. He’s done a great job. It was fun watching him play and get that opportunity to prove to everyone he could do it.”
Dan Connolly says, "how my ass taste Scrutes?" popcorn

Lolo responds to Connolly doubtersDan Connolly says, "how my ass taste Scrutes?" popcorn

You make NO sense.

If anything I think I've been one of the more vocal Connolly supporters, to the tune of actually wanting the team to trade Mankins had he signed his tender.

He waited until the deadline passed, just to try to stick it to them.

But if I were in the front office the franchise tag would be coming down right quick. His plan of just getting the big fat payday and sticking it to the Pats ain't gonna work. We'll end up getting something for him.

Back