Mike Vrabel to 49ers

Roberto71

Reaction score
Reports are that he's been offered the DC position by Chip Kelly.

Good for him if true and he accepts. Will be very interesting to watch the Niners next season and see what Kelly does there.

We play them out there of course.

Wow. I'm trying to think of another player who has risen to a Co-ordinator's job (or at least an offer) so quickly and I can't come up with anybody.

Vrabel is just one of those guys. He's a leader. Smart, salty and extremely funny, I'll bet guys would love playing ball for him and will know better than to test him. I wish him nothing but success and only wish he comes back to the Patriots someday.

I thought he was the unsung star of "Hard Knocks" this year.

For those that haven't heard the story, in a team meeting prior to one of our Super Bowls, Belichick was warning the team about how media people would be issuing "blowjobs" left and right about how great they are and the players should ignore all that and focus on their jobs.

Afterwards, he asked if there were any questions and Vrabel raised his hand and said "Coach, about those blowjobs......." and the whole team just fell out laughing.

Yet, when it was time to get down to business, nobody got down any better than Vrabes.

I wonder if he'll teach the Niner LB Corps how to catch TD passes in Super Bowls. :coffee:

He'll have a peach of a player to work with in Bowman. Just a pity Patrick Willis is not there anymore.

What would be weird is if TB12 decides to retire and joins the staff of the Niners as a QB coach while Vrabel is still there.

Good for him. I hope they send Fredo out on his ass.

I wouldn't call him "unsung" - seems like everybody thought he should have replaced Romeo Crenel this past season (at least, if we consider Boomer Esiasen to be "everybody" :) ).

Do we even consider Boomer Esiason to be "anyone"?

I like Boomer. :shrug:

As for Vrabes, I am glad for him. He can definitely be an ass, but he's our ass. He's one guy about which I was really upset that there was a rift between BB and him. So glad it's no longer the case.

If I'm not mistaken, Vrabel was a guy that represented himself in contract negotiations. Always seemed like a smart guy to me.

Just another case of the Patiots recognizing something in a player besides measureables, and finding ways to use it, where other teams (Squealers) fail to do so.

I'm sure he'll do as well as he can with what talent he is given in San Fran. I say Good Luck to him.

Oh, and I think Boomer picked NE to win the Superbowl last night on NFL Network, called them far and away the best team in the league.

I think you are thinking of Bruschi, who had no agent until after his stroke.
But Vrabel would make an awesome lawyer and could rep himself intelligence wise. He's already sort of douchey and smart assy (apologies to BT, who is not...at all).

That was Bruschi...

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Whomever doesn't like Boomer isn't a Pats fan...

I like Boomer. :shrug:

As for Vrabes, I am glad for him. He can definitely be an ass, but he's our ass. He's one guy about which I was really upset that there was a rift between BB and him. So glad it's no longer the case.

I like boomer. He's all about football when providing commentary - not last nite's dinner.

And he was onto the Ravens- colts intrigue early on in deflategate ..

And you can tell he marvels at the pats.
On those halftimes shows seems like he is fixated on the pats with a big grin.

Back