Milan Lucic official thread...

I drafted him on my FF team because he is the best middle weight in the league. I get points for most PIM, so he can do it all. That was a hell of a game I watched on opening night against the Caps...Caps look good anyone watch em last night?

I drafted him on my FF team because he is the best middle weight in the league. I get points for most PIM, so he can do it all. That was a hell of a game I watched on opening night against the Caps...Caps look good anyone watch em last night?

Not a good showing fot the B's on opening night.

The Caps are 1 of 4 or 5 teams in the east that have a legit cup shot, thats if they can get the goaltending.

Not a good showing fot the B's on opening night.

The Caps are 1 of 4 or 5 teams in the east that have a legit cup shot, thats if they can get the goaltending.

Yeah Theodore is too much of a question. that other kid they have seems ok...but he is young.

Did you see Lucic vs Neil in the preseason? What a fight that was. I love hockeyfights.com

Yeah Theodore is too much of a question. that other kid they have seems ok...but he is young.

Did you see Lucic vs Neil in the preseason? What a fight that was. I love hockeyfights.com

Dude - check the thread title and the first post:thumb:

Saw part of it. Both teams looked horrible. Neither team could stop anybody. Pronger was supposed to turn the Goons' D into the Red Wings of the East, but how do you let Ovechkin get by you that easily without anybody watching him? Especially when Emery is your goalie.
And the Caps' D hasn't improved at all since last year's playoffs. Varlamov was out to dry again.

Varly is an amazing athlete, but his mechanics suck balls.

Coach "Archie" Irbe was brought in to address that, but I recall Irbe being a similar instinct/quickness over technique goalie when he played. Don't know how much of a technical help he'll be other than someone who can talk to Varly in Russian and help him keep his focus.

One Russian hockey player told me that the reason you don't see more Russian goalies in the NHL was that they get next to no training over there. Russian teams pretty much just throw them in the net and expect them to stop pucks. Nabokov, Khabibulin made it as NHL starters because they spent time in the minors over here getting coached up first.

Varlamov will be interesting to watch, but they're going to have to manage his confidence levels, because he went from being outstanding to putrid against the Leafs the other night...he's going to make some incredible saves, but he'll give up some god-awful goals, too. The key to his long-term success will be making sure that his confidence stays up and that he keeps making the refinements that will allow him to make the critical saves when it matters most. Again- I'm often in awe of his athletic prowess- you should see some of the wacky shyte he does at practice. BUT- the wheels came off for him last year in Game 7 and his numbers haven't been all that good so far. If he keeps giving up a lot of goals as he has, his game could suffer as a result.

Saw part of it. Both teams looked horrible. Neither team could stop anybody. Pronger was supposed to turn the Goons' D into the Red Wings of the East, but how do you let Ovechkin get by you that easily without anybody watching him? Especially when Emery is your goalie.
And the Caps' D hasn't improved at all since last year's playoffs. Varlamov was out to dry again.

You have to give it time. Pronger is a little over rated in my opinion....He use to be a dominate for like Hatcher but can't use the body as much anymore...too beat up.

How your Pens been so far this year?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mP4zpET8jQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7mP4zpET8jQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

After the first stoppage the guys looking around and then at the ref like "Just stop it dude! My dad forced me into this shit! This guys gonna kill me!"

ROFLROFLROFL

You have to give it time. Pronger is a little over rated in my opinion....He use to be a dominate for like Hatcher but can't use the body as much anymore...too beat up.

How your Pens been so far this year?

He was also dominant during a different 'era'.

Just heard Lucic has been put on the long-term disabled list.

10 games/24 days with a severely injured finger.

Just heard Lucic has been put on the long-term disabled list.

10 games/24 days with a severely injured finger.

It's therick curse, everytime I have a man-crush on a Bruin he gets hurt/traded.:suicide:

February 6, 2010 the B's play the Canucks and Rick Rypien, probably the best pound for pound fighter in the league. I'd love to see him and Lucic square off.

First practice for Lucic
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff November 13, 2009 11:31 AM
WILMINGTON -- Good morning from Ristuccia Arena, where the Bruins have kicked off practice prior to their road trip to Pittsburgh.

Milan Lucic, wearing the black jersey of the defensemen, is on the ice for his first practice with the team since suffering his broken finger. Mark Recchi is the only player not on the ice. Brad Marchand is skating in Recchi's right-wing slot next to Marco Sturm and Patrice Bergeron. All other lines remain the same.

Back