More useless ball washing and 'debate' for a former player split out from a Patriots thread.

What about the 10 seasons before Winston? The entire franchise was a joke. They were the losingest franchise in NFL history. They had not made the playoffs in 13 years. Then Brady shows up and BOOM Super Bowl champions.

It’s so funny to hear so many here try to detract from Brady when the Tampa owner, GM, head coach and his teammates gave him full credit for that championship season. He didn’t just Qb the team, he changed the culture from losers into winners in literally one season.
Brady knew fully well where he wanted to sign with. He's not dumb. He wanted the best possible roster...loaded with not only a loaded offense, but, also a loaded defense.

You go get the depth chart the year that Brady signed on there. Go ahead, we'll be waiting.

What about the 10 seasons before Winston? The entire franchise was a joke. They were the losingest franchise in NFL history. They had not made the playoffs in 13 years. Then Brady shows up and BOOM Super Bowl champions.

It’s so funny to hear so many here try to detract from Brady when the Tampa owner, GM, head coach and his teammates gave him full credit for that championship season. He didn’t just Qb the team, he changed the culture from losers into winners in literally one season.
You are trying to shoehorn different decades together now? Why?

It doesn't work that way.

Bucs hire Gruden and they win. As much as I can't stand Dungy, he and his GM literally built Gruden's team. But, you will claim that it was 100% Gruden. AMIRITE?

Well who the hell is talking about THOSE teams... those are different guys are they not? The only difference when Brady came in is Gronk followed.... The rest of the team was the same one that was with Winston.

You are trying to shoehorn different decades together now? Why?

It doesn't work that way.

Bucs hire Gruden and they win. As much as I can't stand Dungy, he and his GM literally built Gruden's team. But, you will claim that it was 100% Gruden. AMIRITE?
No, she would say it was Brad Johnson... :coffee:

Brady knew fully well where he wanted to sign with. He's not dumb. He wanted the best possible roster...loaded with not only a loaded offense, but, also a loaded defense.

You go get the depth chart the year that Brady signed on there. Go ahead, we'll be waiting.
He wanted to sign with the Niners and then the Saints until Brees decided to come back. Tampa was not his first choice.

Well who the hell is talking about THOSE teams... those are different guys are they not? The only difference when Brady came in is Gronk followed.... The rest of the team was the same one that was with Winston.
Nope. Not even close. AB also signed as did Fournette and McCoy because of Brady and Suh signed as well. They knew once Brady signed they had a legit shot at a ring and they were not disappointed.

Heresay. The two that you stated did have legit coaches though...I'll give you that.
Everything is hearsay by the media. But Brady never denied reports that his agent contacted the Niners and it’s obvious he wanted to be with Payton given this offseason when they both tried to get to Miami.

I agree about Arians. He was a clown and Brady won anyways.

Everything is hearsay by the media. But Brady never denied reports that his agent contacted the Niners and it’s obvious he wanted to be with Payton given this offseason when they both tried to get to Miami.

I agree about Arians. He was a clown and Brady won anyways.
Yes...because Brady wanted the easiest path towards another ring. IE, the most talented roster with the fullest stock of talent. I don't mock his choice. I would have done the same thing!

Yes...because Brady wanted the easiest path towards another ring. IE, the most talented roster with the fullest stock of talent. I don't mock his choice. I would have done the same thing!
It wasn’t Tampa though. The best rosters were the Niners and Saints. Once Brady signed in Tampa, talent followed him but that’s because he’s the Goat.

I don’t think he was looking at the easiest path. I think he was so frustrated in New England that he was for sure looking at rosters that had talented receivers. Tampa had Evans and Godwin, but not much else until Brady arrived and AB followed him and Gronk. That kind of put them over the top in terms of talent, but still most people thought his decision to go to Tampa was laughable given they were such losers for so long. He truly did change that culture literally in one season and made them all champions.

These are Facts buccs in 2019 season were 1st in passing & 3rd in Total offense. Stop pretending he went to a Browns , Lions or Jags.
View attachment 14553View attachment 14554
He went to a worst team than the ones you listed. The Bucs had not made the playoffs in 13 years. They had the lowest winning percentage of all 32 teams since their inception in the 70s. He signed with a perennial clown show.

It wasn’t Tampa though. The best rosters were the Niners and Saints. Once Brady signed in Tampa, talent followed him but that’s because he’s the Goat.

I don’t think he was looking at the easiest path. I think he was so frustrated in New England that he was for sure looking at rosters that had talented receivers. Tampa had Evans and Godwin, but not much else until Brady arrived and AB followed him and Gronk. That kind of put them over the top in terms of talent, but still most people thought his decision to go to Tampa was laughable given they were such losers for so long. He truly did change that culture literally in one season and made them all champions.
No. Tampa clearly had the most loaded roster...if you're paying attention. Let's compare rosters, if you're serious. I know that you're not though.

No. Tampa clearly had the most loaded roster.
They didn’t but even if they did more often than not the most talented team does not win the championship in team sports. Why? Because it’s more than just about some collection of talent. We know that better than anyone as patriots fans. It is what is frustrating us so much about this season is that the talent we do have is being wasted.

Brady was and is an organizational transformational player. We saw that here for 20 years and then he brought that to Tampa. Everyone on that team from the owner to the GM to the head coach to the players, all credited Brady for changing that culture from a losing culture to a winning one, that is what is missing here right now. We all see it and until we find that type of guy again, this team will continue to just be a mediocre, middling team.

No. Tampa clearly had the most loaded roster...if you're paying attention.
She don't want to accept the facts or Ranking . They got better with additions of Gronk , AB & Fournette. if Brady would did it with Brown's , Lions or jags . No one would be disagreeing with her.

They didn’t but even if they did more often than not the most talented team does not win the championship in team sports. Why? Because it’s more than just about some collection of talent. We know that better than anyone as patriots fans. It is what is frustrating us so much about this season is that the talent we do have is being wasted.

Brady was and is an organizational transformational player. We saw that here for 20 years and then he brought that to Tampa. Everyone on that team from the owner to the GM to the head coach to the players, all credited Brady for changing that culture from a losing culture to a winning one, that is what is missing here right now. We all see it and until we find that type of guy again, Bill is going to be a below 500 coach.
Bring up the rosters...let this forum have a say. Bring them up...

Bring up the rosters...let this forum have a say. Bring them up...
Like I said, if you believe it was the most talented roster then fine. It’s still does not change the fact that Brady came there and changed its culture. He didn’t just lead the team as its quarterback, he taught the team how to win. The owner, the GM, and the coach all said this, after they won the championship. They saw that team transform from a losing mentality to a winning one. Mere talent doesn’t do that. You need to have “that guy” to win the rings. Again as patriots fans, we know that better than any one.

She don't want to accept the facts or Ranking . They got better with additions of Gronk , AB & Fournette. if Brady would did it with Brown's , Lions or jags . No one would be disagreeing with her.
His Super Bowl win with Tampa is considered the greatest achievement of his career. Not only was he 43, but the Bucs went on the road and beat the Saints, Green Bay and then the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It’s his greatest Super Bowl run bar none.

Looks like the Brady groupie is hijacking another thread. Nothing in this thread title applies to our formerly beloved QB, does it.
She should be restricted to posting on the Brady forum only.

If/when I get moar time to go back and recollect the past rosters, I will. I have a LOT of current projects going now though. Let's let this all simmer and settle. We want the most likeliness of the truth...right? It will take some time though. I'm not trying to put Brady in a bad light, I only want the stone cold truth.

Back