More useless ball washing and 'debate' for a former player split out from a Patriots thread.

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
A popular hot take for outsiders but these 2 paragraphs are truth.

"I see the past three years as proving a different point: Brady, the best quarterback ever, needed an elite roster to win the Super Bowl, and Belichick, the best coach ever, needs elite quarterback play to win one. Brady had that elite roster when he got to Tampa Bay. Belichick has not had elite quarterback play since Brady left.

Everything the Patriots do on offense from here has to be guided by that quest. We can debate how good Jones can be, but he can clearly be better than he has been under Patricia. The Patriots need fresh, creative thinking from a real offensive coordinator. If you and I can see that, then surely the best coach in history can see it, too."

In other words, BB needs to find another job for Patricia next year and replace him with a competent offensive mind. Indeed.
Revisionist history at its best. Tampa was not an elite roster. They were a wild card team who flipped the switch in the post season all the way to the title because they had #12.

Although I have to say, I find it very satisfying that people are at least finally able to admit that Bill needs an elite quarterback just like every other coach, and not a top 15 quarterback that he can win 6 Super Bowls with. :coffee:

Revisionist history at its best. Tampa was not an elite roster. They were a wild card team who flipped the switch in the post season all the way to the title because they had #12.

Although I have to say, I find it very satisfying that people are at least finally able to admit that Bill needs an elite quarterback just like every other coach, and not a top 15 quarterback that he can win 6 Super Bowls with. :coffee:
Nope...Bucs were a LOADED team. All they needed was a legit QB. Come on now...

They were totally loaded, So much so, the whole punditry sphere was earmarking Tampa as the ideal spot for Tom to land. They just had a terrible QB in Winston.
#1 ranked passing game. They added Gronk, AB , Brady , Fournette on Offense. Facts &NFL History Doesn't support Brady did it all Logic.

Nope...Bucs were a LOADED team. All they needed was a legit QB. Come on now...
Lol. They had not made the playoffs for 13 years. People on this forum along with the media LAUGHED at Brady for going to the losingest franchise in NFL history. They were a joke until #12 arrived.

Lol. They had not made the playoffs for 13 years. People on this forum along with the media LAUGHED at Brady for going to the losingest franchise in NFL history. They were a joke until #12 arrived.

Christmas Vacation Ok GIF

Yeah, that's exactly why they were loaded with talent. The teams that suck usually tend to get the high draft picks...coincidence? :coffee:

Yeah, that's exactly why they were loaded with talent. The teams that suck usually tend to get the high draft picks...coincidence? :coffee:
They sucked for 13 straight years with all those high draft picks and then Brady shows up - champions. That’s not a coincidence. :coffee:

Last edited:
Patriots record 2002

Games/Starts: 16/16.

Record: 9-7-0.

Attempts: 601.

Completions: 373.

Yards: 3,764.

Touchdowns: 28.

Interceptions: 14.

~Dee~

You can’t reason with some people. They will believe anything that fits their narrative. All Brady worshippers should have rushed Stadium. Demanded Brady be Pats QB :rofl:

Patriots record 2002

Games/Starts: 16/16.

Record: 9-7-0.

Attempts: 601.

Completions: 373.

Yards: 3,764.

Touchdowns: 28.

Interceptions: 14.

~Dee~

20 years ago was a different era. Recevers could be mugged with no flag, QB's got blown up with no flag. Very few QB's had a completion percentage of 60%....which is now the standard.

Before all of the Peyton Manning rules were put into effect.

20 years ago was a different era. Recevers could be mugged with no flag, QB's got blown up with no flag. Very few QB's had a completion percentage of 60%....which is now the standard.

Before all of the Peyton Manning rules were put into effect.
All you need to know about that era is Brady led the league in TDs in 2002 with 28.

Why would we toss the covid season, did their brains stop working at the time? There was a draft, there were signings, and players played and coaches coached. If you want to toss out the W/L record fine, that's understandable, but it didn't stop the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills from building. Anyway the point is this doesn't feel like a rebuild, it feels like a team just trying to keep it's head above water year after year. Rebuilds have a progression, and what we've seen this year is a complete reset of the offense and not in a good way, alienating their "Franchise QB" in the process, and not something I see getting much better next year or worse, another reset. For a team supposedly rebuilding, explain the point of trading a draft pick for a Dolphins cast off receiver? And not some bottom of the draft pick but a 3rd rounder.
The team building has been a mess for years now not just post-Brady. It is what River and myself have been posting about for years and why we soured on Bill as a GM years ago but others didn't see it as plainly because Brady covered for so much of the terrible drafting. You are correct. This is not a rebuild. Any rebuild starts with a franchise QB and moves out from there. Bill had no succession plan post-Brady despite having 3 years to find another QB when Jimmy was traded. Now here we are 3 seasons later since Brady left with Mac looking like at least a promising prospect after his rookie season and he has been ruined by Bill's terrible coaching hires. The coaching is part of the team building so here the team is at ground zero still looking way up at the Bills.

The team building has been a mess for years now not just post-Brady. It is what River and myself have been posting about for years and why we soured on Bill as a GM years ago but others didn't see it as plainly because Brady covered for so much of the terrible drafting. You are correct. This is not a rebuild. Any rebuild starts with a franchise QB and moves out from there. Bill had no succession plan post-Brady despite having 3 years to find another QB when Jimmy was traded. Now here we are 3 seasons later since Brady left with Mac looking like at least a promising prospect after his rookie season and he has been ruined by Bill's terrible coaching hires. The coaching is part of the team building so here the team is at ground zero still looking way up at the Bills.
you are correct, dont worry soon when bill is gone and all will be well and the Pats will easily go on another 20 year run. It so easy to find a QB in this league, I'm not sure why it has taken a whole 3 years so far!! I cant believe the Pats are the only team ever to have this issue......makes me sick to think about

Sad Samantha Bee GIF

you are correct, dont worry soon when bill is gone and all will be well and the Pats will easily go on another 20 year run. It so easy to find a QB in this league, I'm not sure why it has taken a whole 3 years so far!! I cant believe the Pats are the only team ever to have this issue......makes me sick to think about

Sad Samantha Bee GIF
If only it was just the QB ...

Last edited:

They were a joke because Winston was a disaster... This dude would come out on the first AND second series and throw a 40 yard pick. He ended a season with 35 TDs and 35 picks and 5000 yards... Winston was the problem

Will be 3 full seasons post-tb12 soon, with no clear way how they will dethrone Buffalo or Miami or KC or even Baltimore. Now granted it would take a couple off-seasons to fix the turd left by Ziegler/McDaniels in 150M+ mostly bad contracts, and a depleted talent cupboard due to 6 years of sh-tty drafts from 2013-2019 by John Carroll roommate morons.

But the rope is getting thin for BB. I think 2023 is the last year, ownership might make big moves if it nose dives. If 2023 is a playoff year they’ll keep BB to eventually pass the Shula wins record. If 2023 nose dives, then time for regime change.

Last edited:
They were a joke because Winston was a disaster... This dude would come out on the first AND second series and throw a 40 yard pick. He ended a season with 35 TDs and 35 picks and 5000 yards... Winston was the problem
What about the 10 seasons before Winston? The entire franchise was a joke. They were the losingest franchise in NFL history. They had not made the playoffs in 13 years. Then Brady shows up and BOOM Super Bowl champions.

It’s so funny to hear so many here try to detract from Brady when the Tampa owner, GM, head coach and his teammates gave him full credit for that championship season. He didn’t just Qb the team, he changed the culture from losers into winners in literally one season.

Will be 3 full seasons post-tb12 soon, with no clear way how they will dethrone Buffalo or Miami or KC or even Baltimore. Now granted it would take a couple off-seasons to fix the turd left by Ziegler/McDaniels in 150M+ mostly bad contracts, and a depleted talent cupboard due to 6 years of sh-tty drafts from 2013-2019 by John Carroll roommate morons.

But the rope is getting thin for BB. I think 2023 is the last year, ownership might make big moves if it nose dives. If 2023 is a playoff year they’ll keep BB to eventually pass the Shula wins record. If 2023 nose dives, then time for regime change.
Since Brady left, the emperor has no clothes.

Back