Movie Recommendations

I have heard that 50/50 is incredibly good and nothing like the previews....apparently Seth Rogan plays a minor role in the movie.

I saw Real Steel - that was a just a fun guy movie
I saw Big Year - kind of meh, but enjoyable.

Just got done watching Bad Teacher. Good funny movie that did not follow the same old predictable school movie format.

Bridesmaids. Buy it. That is all.

Shocked at how freaking funny this movie was. I am going to add it to the collection it is one of those you can watch once a year or so.

"I LIKE my new asshole!!" >)

:rockon:

Black Swan.

I know its been out for a while, but I just caught it yesterday and thought it was great. Superb acting from the ethereal Natalie Portman, a dark, atmospheric vibe and a plot that seems to invite a lot of different opinions as to what really happened.

I know zero about ballet, but it makes an effective backdrop to a story that is about obsession and madness and keeps you guessing right to the end and afterwards.

Smart and beautifully filmed. 4 out of 5 stars.

Shocked at how freaking funny this movie was. I am going to add it to the collection it is one of those you can watch once a year or so.

"I LIKE my new asshole!!" >)

:rockon:

Funny movie, but dear god, that woman's life went down the toilet for 7/8ths of the movie.

The sister-in-law was hysterical.

Ehhhh...I thought it was OK. Maybe it was overhyped. :shrug:

The only funny parts for me were the scenes with Melissa McCarthy. She absolutely stole the movie.

Black Swan.

I know its been out for a while, but I just caught it yesterday and thought it was great. Superb acting from the ethereal Natalie Portman, a dark, atmospheric vibe and a plot that seems to invite a lot of different opinions as to what really happened.

I know zero about ballet, but it makes an effective backdrop to a story that is about obsession and madness and keeps you guessing right to the end and afterwards.

Agree 100%. This was one of the best movies I had seen in quite a while. I know nothing about ballet. But it helped that I love the music of Tchaickovsky, so having Swan Lake (and it's music) as the backdrop added to it for me.

For some reason, I've been viewing alot of westerns recently.
True Grit (remake).....loved it. Jeff Bridges has become one of my favorite actors in recent years and nails this role.
Blackthorn....Sam Shepard plays an old Butch Cassidy still in Bolivia. Well acted, interesting plot, visually beautiful,
Cowboys vs Aliens.....Horrendous

Rise of Planet of the Apes......I found it to be the best of the series. The plot tie in to the original movies was very clever.

Black Swan.

LOVED that movie so very, very much. It was phenomenal from start to finish. Just incredible.

Ehhhh...I thought it was OK. Maybe it was overhyped. :shrug:

The only funny parts for me were the scenes with Melissa McCarthy. She absolutely stole the movie.

She absolutely did. One fo the funniest characters on screen I have ever seen.

"The sink's a goner!" ROFLROFL

Black Swan.

I have wanted to see this movie for a long time but I have heard how depressing it is and didn't ever feel the time was right to watch it. But it is about to start a run on HBO so free will have me make the time.:)

Back