My Daughter's "Sweet 16" - What To Get Her?

CKA, I'd go with something like a silver bracelet or necklace from Tiffany's (and you can take a look at the other gorgeous shops at Keystone at the Crossing while you're there), some special keepsake. My mother had the diamonds removed from her first wedding band and set in gold ring for each of us when we turned sixteen. I still have mine as I have no children, but my sisters gave their rings to their daughters on their sixteenth birthdays.

Of course, you can never go wrong with a really nice handbag (I'm a handbag ho, so a new purse is always a great idea!). I gave my niece a nice preowned Vuitton for high school graduation and she loves it - two years later she still carries it every day.

lol.
sheyt, half this board has children over than me.

People actually do something special for their 16th? I thought it was all a myth.

Kick azz you are trying to hook her up! A "real" necklace would be cool :thumb:. You can get "real" ones for around $200 and have them look very nice! And real, lol.

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone!

(Well, most of them anyway. Birth control pills... :banghead:)

As if I don't already have enough to worry about! She has a boyfriend, and 16 means she can start dating. And she's going to the prom! :banghead:

Anyway, still not sure what I'm gonna do, but I at least have some things to ponder.

Appreciate the help!

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone!

(Well, most of them anyway. Birth control pills... :banghead:)

As if I don't already have enough to worry about! She has a boyfriend, and 16 means she can start dating. And she's going to the prom! :banghead:

Anyway, still not sure what I'm gonna do, but I at least have some things to ponder.

Appreciate the help!

Aside from the sweet 16 ideas (all of our girls got a party, a dinner with us, some cash and a "this is the last you get from us! You want something else? Go get a job and work for it!)

I can help a LOT on the whole prom thing!

Start by cleaning your shotgun when her bf shows up at the house. Tell stories about taking the kid hunting indian style (he wears lots of brown, bends over and runs real fast!) Then walk up really close to the kid and say you couldn't shoot him, cuz he reminds you of an old friend. Then tell him to do you a big favor and turn around!!! Have quotes from people like Bruce Willis on the topic stuck to the fridge.
Send him off with an envelope with a little cash for emergencies, and a note that is full of humor but promises agonizing torture should anything happen to your daughter!
And you could add the extra "and I'm a Federal Agent, and can make it so you never even existed" stuff!

That stuff worked for me 3 times! Home by 11:30 with all of them!:toast:

I know. I got nuthin'!

I don't remember it being a big deal when I was 16 but it has made a big comeback thanks to MTV maybe?

They have that sick show where it is a competition of whose sweet 16 was the best full of oxygen thieves and their brain dead but exceedingly wealthy parents.

I don't remember it being a big deal when I was 16 but it has made a big comeback thanks to MTV maybe?

They have that sick show where it is a competition of whose sweet 16 was the best full of oxygen thieves and their brain dead but exceedingly wealthy parents.

MTV was cool when it forst came on the scene. Now it just flat out sucks.

JelloBiafra said:
My job is to help destroy
What's left of your imagination
By feeding you endless doses
Of sugar-coated mindless garbage

I had a big party when I turned 16. Certainly nothing like the brats on MTV, though. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Instead of throwing me a party for my sweet 15, my parents sent me to Puerto Rico for 2 weeks which was awesome.

Does she have a Wii already?

I hope not! She's a girl!

Although, I suppose she could have had an operation...

(Seriously Nintendo, why, after all the other times you've given a console one name in Japan and another name in America, did you have to refuse to do it this time? :banghead: )

Back