My Metal Detector Arrived Today!

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
...been wanting one for a long time now, finally bought myself one for my birthday. It's a beginner's detector, the Garret Ace 150. I'm super-psyched to get home and try it out around the yard and see what comes up.

I plan on getting rich by selling long-lost jewlery and rare coins on eBay. Wish me luck!

Does it have gay-dar? :coffee:

As in the ability to detect homosexuals? That would be a no, since they are not made of metal.

That said, I don't have too much trouble in that department. My wife watches a lot of Bravo, so I know the signs.

As in the ability to detect homosexuals? That would be a no, since they are not made of metal.

That said, I don't have too much trouble in that department. My wife watches a lot of Bravo, so I know the signs.

What if they were a Homosexual Robot? That wanted to take over the world?

Yeah, looks like you're ****ed if that happens. :coffee:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

:toast:

What if they were a Homosexual Robot? That wanted to take over the world?

Yeah, looks like you're ****ed if that happens. :coffee:

In this scenario, yes, since they are made of metal the detector would react within the range of a homosexual robot.

Now that said, you seem to be missing the obvious point that metal detectors are used to find small, inconspicuous, usually buried items. I don't think I would have trouble noticing a manaical robot wearing an ascot without the use of a metal detector.

How embarrassed would you be if you were in your local park using that detector and as you came up some guy on a park bench and as you closer the detector started to ring loudly and you found later that the guy had a detachable penis?

How embarrassed would you be if you were in your local park using that detector and as you came up some guy on a park bench and as you closer the detector started to ring loudly and you found later that the guy had a detachable penis?

You know Eddy No-Dick, too?

What a coincidence.

Do you have to wrap your head in 9 inches of lead before using the thing or what?

No - not for metal detecting, I just do that because I don't want the government reading my thought-waves.

Well duh. You are screwed because they read message boards. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

Well duh. You are screwed because they read message boards. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

You think I share my master-plan to take control of the weather here with you guys? :shake:

Those details are top-secret and are staying that way. :harumph:

You think I share my master-plan to take control of the weather here with you guys? :shake:

Those details are top-secret and are staying that way. :harumph:

:harumph: Another wanna-be super criminal. Hey pal! There is too many of us already here. Go found your own Legion of Doom somewhere else!

Jeez! This guys are crawling out of the woodwork lately!

In this scenario, yes, since they are made of metal the detector would react within the range of a homosexual robot.

Now that said, you seem to be missing the obvious point that metal detectors are used to find small, inconspicuous, usually buried items. I don't think I would have trouble noticing a manaical robot wearing an ascot without the use of a metal detector.

Not if it's alien stealth metal. :coffee:

...been wanting one for a long time now, finally bought myself one for my birthday. It's a beginner's detector, the Garret Ace 150. I'm super-psyched to get home and try it out around the yard and see what comes up.

I plan on getting rich by selling long-lost jewlery and rare coins on eBay. Wish me luck!

You will have to send us a picture of the first item you find:)

Yeah, good luck with that. I bought a pretty fancy metal detector for my husband who was all excited about the prospect of combing our 4+ acres for god knows what treasures. The thrill lasted all of 2 months. That contraption hasn't been out of the closet in years.

I think he found a bent ring and some small change - not to mention countless beer tabs and bottle caps. What a haul!

:p

First day's haul:

3 tent stakes

1 foil cupcake wrapper

1 unintelligable twisted piece of metal

:thumb:

It was great fun though and tomorrow's another day - hopefully one which will produce a more valuable yield!

First day's haul:

3 tent stakes

It was great fun though and tomorrow's another day - hopefully one which will produce a more valuable yield!

A dead camper with a big belt buckle and gold teeth???

Cheers, BostonTim

Back