Neutral rep?

Patriots4ever

Running Up the Score
Reaction score
How do you get "neutral" rep? :huh:

It's a blue box, instead of the normal green for pos, or red for the negative. I don't understand. :shrug:

Lol, we just talked about this in the "suggestions for reputation text" thread in the main forum. It means the poster doesn't have enough power to hook you up, i.e. a new member.

My neutral rep was gray, btw. You have funny eyes. :p

There was another thread about rep, but it was closed, so I'll put my suggestion here. Please remove the new message that says, "You need to spread some rep around before giving more rep to this user," or whatever it says. There are some posters here (Beaglebay, HSanders, PFL, AWTE, et. al) that deserve rep on just about every other post and should be able to get it. Thank you.

There was another thread about rep, but it was closed, so I'll put my suggestion here. Please remove the new message that says, "You need to spread some rep around before giving more rep to this user," or whatever it says. There are some posters here (Beaglebay, HSanders, PFL, AWTE, et. al) that deserve rep on just about every other post and should be able to get it. Thank you.

I agree but you could rep AWTE then someone else and return to AWTE.

It is to prevent 5 neg reps to someone because your are baiting them..

Reactions: Ras
I agree but you could rep AWTE then someone else and return to AWTE.

It is to prevent 5 neg reps to someone because your are baiting them..

What about the trolls that deserve 5 neg reps in a row? The Saints fan that went after PFL before he got shit canned comes to mind.

What about the trolls that deserve 5 neg reps in a row? The Saints fan that went after PFL before he got shit canned comes to mind.

Agreed but he is the exception to the rule and certain people use rep to bait or avoid the rules and talk shit to posters.

Agreed but he is the exception to the rule and certain people use rep to bait or avoid the rules and talk shit to posters.

Seriously, Mike, how many people actually do that? I've neg repped one person in my 5+ years here. And who b*tches about something like that to the mods? They should get neg-repped just on principle for being a whiny ass b*tch.

So you're going to punish the people that want to compliment someone else's phenomenal posts just to keep a couple of a$$holes in line? And since we can only rep like 10x a day, if we have to spread it around, that seriously limits our wanting to let people know that we like what they're saying.

I guess what I'm saying is fvck the dickheads. Who really gives a shit? And a perfect example is I just went to rep BMooney, who I don't think I've repped in awhile, and it just told me I couldn't and had to spread it around. It. Is. Faulty. - and - Must. Fix.

*This post should be pos-repped. ROFL

Wow

I'll take a re-look at the whole system when I get a chance. Never thought a minor tweak would cause so many complaints.

Wow

I'll take a re-look at the whole system when I get a chance. Never thought a minor tweak would cause so many complaints.

I'm probably just being a jerk. Seriously, though, if I rep someone just once, it's like a whole day before I can rep them again, no matter how many other people I rep in between. And some people just really deserve to know how much you like what they've said.

Seriously, Mike, how many people actually do that? I've neg repped one person in my 5+ years here. And who b*tches about something like that to the mods? They should get neg-repped just on principle for being a whiny ass b*tch.

So you're going to punish the people that want to compliment someone else's phenomenal posts just to keep a couple of a$$holes in line? And since we can only rep like 10x a day, if we have to spread it around, that seriously limits our wanting to let people know that we like what they're saying.

I guess what I'm saying is fvck the dickheads. Who really gives a shit? And a perfect example is I just went to rep BMooney, who I don't think I've repped in awhile, and it just told me I couldn't and had to spread it around. It. Is. Faulty. - and - Must. Fix.

seriously a bunch of people do just that!!! When a rep calls someone all kinds of filthy names it should be reported so it ends there and doesn't continue into other places (threads).

some of the rep sent in this place is the most childish bullsh!t you could read. I know certain members use is to knock others so while you may not have others have definately abused it and abused it a lot.

take a look at the way certain members follow others around, degrading posts and stuff, acting like tools doing so..then imagine what is written in the reps some send to those members. Rep that doesn't get reported.. I give you Darrelstingley to a member on this board and I am positive you know what I am talking about.

ME, I get rid of it because it is a freaking headache the past month. I would shut it down...everyone wants the board the way it was well rep was added and part of what changed this place..my DS example is a large part of it -little sneaky bastards went behind the scene with insults.

I'm probably just being a jerk. Seriously, though, if I rep someone just once, it's like a whole day before I can rep them again, no matter how many other people I rep in between. And some people just really deserve to know how much you like what they've said.

once a day was how the original rep worked, it was adjusted to allow more than that.

I think we should have a rep orgy with unlimited positive rep...Love>hate...:coffee:

Or one person gets rep but everyone gets benefits from it and we all gets the points.... Then I can get political and say: you didn't earn your rep!!!

And a perfect example is I just went to rep BMooney, who I don't think I've repped in awhile, and it just told me I couldn't and had to spread it around. It. Is. Faulty. - and - Must. Fix.

I'm still waiting for my rep... ROFL

Maybe we could have a few exceptions, like AWTE for example. He can get repetitive +reps from everyone (deservedly so,) but anyone who -reps him is automatically banned (also rightfully so.) :thumb:

Maybe we could have a few exceptions, like AWTE for example. He can get repetitive +reps from everyone (deservedly so,) but anyone who -reps him is automatically banned (also rightfully so.) :thumb:

Right after they get an ass-kicking from every other member :rockon:

Your Giving AWETE too much credit.. I know for a fact if we give him this much power he'll start posting like me...ROFL

Back