New member here if you will have me. I am from extreme NW Alabama and have been a Pats fan forever. I know a little about

snood

Reaction score
#10. I was thrilled when the Pats drafted him (as was all other Bama fans I know). He is in a system that fits him to perfection, an he fits the system. I am 68 years old and look forward to the next 68 years being a New England fan

#10. I was thrilled when the Pats drafted him (as was all other Bama fans I know). He is in a system that fits him to perfection, an he fits the system. I am 68 years old and look forward to the next 68 years being a New England fan
Great post. (As someone who will be 68 in a few months, I admire your hopeful look at your prospective longevity.)

:smilies-11117:

Good to have you aboard!
I don't watch college football, and just start looking into players around draft time. i readily admit that i severely underestimated Mac.
He has everything professionally and personality wise i love to see in a qb.

We're very glad to have Mac aboard. Most of us here picked Mac out of the crowd of QBs in the draft for the Pats. He checked all the boxes and he got a big bold check for the most important boxes ---> Smarts and drive. We didn't care that his arm isn't the strongest as long as it's good enough and his throws have pinpoint accuracy and touch. Our O is a little complicated with each play having having 2-4 options for each receiver. Mac studied it and picked it up in record time under the tutelage of Josh McDaniels. I was astonished how quickly he got it, SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year or not. We look forward to Josh taking the training wheels off to see what he and the receiving corps can really do.

Muse and I are both long time Bama fans. I was 5 or 6 & too young to remember but I have a treasured picture of me with Mom and Dad at a Bama game when Bart Starr was the QB. (Yeah, I'm kind of glad now I don't remember being there.) The first QB I remember watching was Pat Trammel.

I'm in the Boston area now but all my family lives in Mtn. Brook just outside of B'ham and they have been boosters since before Bear became coach.
I became a Patriots fan the day they drafted John Hannah. So welcome to the Planet and let's talk some football!

I knew Tom Brady was going to be great because I watched his final year at Michigan. I knew Mac Jones was also going to be great because I watched his final year at Alabama. I prayed and prayed and prayed that the patriots would pick the best quarterback in the draft at number 15 and thankfully due to horrible GM’s in the NFL he fell right into our laps.❤️❤️❤️

Welcome. As a Bama fan, you are also aware that Mac the Knife is not the only Bama player on the Patriots roster.
Hightower has been a key player in the last 3 SB wins. He has also been one of the great Patriots for several years now. He was also the guy that I wanted badly when he was in the draft.
Then we have Harris, and the new beast on the DL, Barmore.
Seems as if there will a Bama flavor to our team for years to come.
I'm looking hard at the LB Harris for this year's draft. What can you tell us about him?

Cheers, BostonTim

Great post. (As someone who will be 68 in a few months, I admire your hopeful look at your prospective longevity.)

I remember i was hopeful too when I was youse guys age. Still not bad though.

Cheers, BostonTim

Welcome! It's so good to meet you!

We love having new members here.

I have been watching Alabama for a while now.

Bill has drafted quite a few Bama players over the years with Deaderick, Hightower, Dickson, Cyrus Jones, Harris, Anfernee and Mac. I'm sure I'm missing some.So, he has a mini family already there which helps.

I told my husband Bill is Nick and Nick is Bill on so many levels so it will be a good transition compared to others.

Welcome again. Looking forward to your posts.

Last edited:
Welcome snood.Great to have another Tide fan here. We love the relationship Bill has with Saban.

We’re also aware of a growing Patriot fan base in the South! The more the merrier!

Welcome. As a Bama fan, you are also aware that Mac the Knife is not the only Bama player on the Patriots roster.
Hightower has been a key player in the last 3 SB wins. He has also been one of the great Patriots for several years now. He was also the guy that I wanted badly when he was in the draft.
Then we have Harris, and the new beast on the DL, Barmore.
Seems as if there will a Bama flavor to our team for years to come.
I'm looking hard at the LB Harris for this year's draft. What can you tell us about him?
#8 Christian Harris. A starter from day one at Bama, That's hard to do for a TF. He is quite a player. I would love to see him in a Pats jersey.

There is a growing Patriot fan base in the south especially among Bama fans.I know about 110K in Bryant Denny Stadium. I think one of the reasons is because both coaches are so much alike. And both teams are so much alike.

Always room for another patriots loving lunatic! Grab a seat and make yourself at home.
:wave:

Welcome! It's so good to meet you!

We love having new members here.

I have been watching Alabama for a while now.

Bill has drafted quite a few Bama players over the years with Deaderick, Hightower, Dickson, Cyrus Jones, Harris, Anfernee and Mac. I'm sure I'm missing some.So, he has a mini family already there which helps.

I told my husband Bill is Nick and Nick is Bill on so many levels so it will be a good transition compared to others.

Welcome again. Looking forward to your posts.
You are so right, both coaches are mirror images of each other and also the very best of friends. And both teams are alike in so many ways. I saw a pic of those two huddled on the sideline when #10 was working out on Bama's Pro Day. I wonder what they were talking about? He He.

Back