News Of teh Weird and other WTF? moments

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
A comma, a flipping comma... Grammer police at the highest level

Woman's Parking Citation Tossed Because of Missing Comma
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio — Jul 1, 2015, 9:13 AM ET
Associated Press

An appeals court has agreed with an Ohio woman who said her parking citation should be tossed because the village law was missing a comma.

Andrea Cammelleri (kah-meh-LEHR'-ee) says she shouldn't have been issued a citation in 2014 based on the wording of the law enacted by the village of West Jefferson.

The law lists several types of vehicles that can't be parked longer than 24 hours, including a "motor vehicle camper," with the comma missing between "vehicle" and "camper."

Cammelleri says her pickup truck did not fit that definition.

The village says the law's meaning was clear in context, but Judge Robert Hendrickson of the 12th Ohio District Court of Appeals says in last week's ruling that West Jefferson should amend the law if it wants it read differently.

Investment property, open up a B&B...

‘Camp Walkaway,’ shuttered upstate New York prison without walls, up for sale

Now here’s a prison David Sweat and Richard Matt would love.

It was nicknamed Camp Walkaway because any inmate housed in the camp part of the medium-security Mt. McGregor Correctional Facility could simply walk away because there are no walls or fences.

And now the prison complex, which sits on a 325-acre property with spectacular views of the Adirondacks, is up for sale.

Located in Wilton, N.Y., it was shut down last summer by the Department of Corrections because of the declining prison population.

Most of the 540 or so inmates there had no reason to run because they were at the tail-end of their sentences, unlike convicted killers Matt and Sweat.

Both were serving life sentences when they broke out of Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, N.Y., on June 6, sparking a statewide manhunt.

Matt was killed on Friday. Sweat was nabbed on Sunday.
closed-prison.jpg

link

Dolphins Attack, next on Geraldo!!!
Dolphin Leaps Onto Boat, Injuring California Woman

SANTA ANA, Calif. — Jul 1, 2015, 11:15 PM ET

A dolphin leaped onto a boat in Southern California, crashing into a woman and breaking both her ankles.

Chrissie Frickman was boating with her husband and two children June 21 when a pod of dolphins swam alongside them. One of the animals jumped on the vessel, knocking Frickman over and landing on her legs.

"The dolphin jumped and we thought it was doing a flip and I guess it miscalculated," said her husband, Dirk Frickman. "It came right onto my wife and flopped in the boat and knocked down and grazed my daughter."

"The dolphin was flopping all over," he said. "It cut its nose and its tail. Blood started splattering everywhere."

Frickman pulled his wife free and called authorities as he headed toward an Orange County harbor. While he steered, he splashed water on the 350-pound dolphin to keep it alive.

"I could hear my phone buzzing and beeping on the floor - it was covered in blood," he told the Orange County Register (http://bit.ly/1R49Hui).

At the harbor, Frickman removed all the seats from the boat and got help pulling the dolphin onto the dock with a rope.

"We got her up on the dock and pushed right back in the water," he said. "She was fine and took off pretty quick."

His wife is still recovering from her injuries.

Dolphins Attack, next on Geraldo!!!
Dolphin Leaps Onto Boat, Injuring California Woman

SANTA ANA, Calif. — Jul 1, 2015, 11:15 PM ET

A dolphin leaped onto a boat in Southern California, crashing into a woman and breaking both her ankles.

Chrissie Frickman was boating with her husband and two children June 21 when a pod of dolphins swam alongside them. One of the animals jumped on the vessel, knocking Frickman over and landing on her legs.

"The dolphin jumped and we thought it was doing a flip and I guess it miscalculated," said her husband, Dirk Frickman. "It came right onto my wife and flopped in the boat and knocked down and grazed my daughter."

"The dolphin was flopping all over," he said. "It cut its nose and its tail. Blood started splattering everywhere."

Frickman pulled his wife free and called authorities as he headed toward an Orange County harbor. While he steered, he splashed water on the 350-pound dolphin to keep it alive.

"I could hear my phone buzzing and beeping on the floor - it was covered in blood," he told the Orange County Register (http://bit.ly/1R49Hui).

At the harbor, Frickman removed all the seats from the boat and got help pulling the dolphin onto the dock with a rope.

"We got her up on the dock and pushed right back in the water," he said. "She was fine and took off pretty quick."

His wife is still recovering from her injuries.

It was only a matter of time before the Robots started coming for us. Now we are f***ed

<cite class="el-editorial-source"> (CNN)</cite>An automotive assembly line robot killed a worker at a car factory in Germany this week, a prosecutor's office said.

The man, 21, was installing the robot at a Volkswagen assembly line on Tuesday in Baunatal, which lies next to the city of Kassel, local newspaper the Hessische Niedersaechsische Allgemeine reported, citing a VW spokesman. The robot gripped and pressed him up against a metal plate, crushing his chest.
Despite efforts to revive him, the worker, an employee of a third-party vendor, died at a hospital, the paper reported.
As a matter of procedure necessary to have the body released in cases of non-natural death, the state prosecutor's office said it is investigating to rule out any criminal culpability.
Volkswagen did not respond to calls for comment Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/02/europe/germany-volkswagen-robot-kills-worker/index.html
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face {font-family:"Segoe UI"; panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;} @font-face {font-family:LucidaGrande; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:8.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} .MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;} .MsoPapDefault {margin-bottom:8.0pt; line-height:107%;} /* Page Definitions */ @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style>

A comma, a flipping comma... Grammer police at the highest level

I don't really have an issue with this.

I'm not fond of the idea that courts should "interpret the true meaning" of any given statute.

I don't find the suggestion that a legislator saying to a defendant/court "you know what I meant" any more compelling, than a similar claim by anyone on this message board.

My answer in both cases would be the same.

"No, I know what you wrote. If there is a failure here, it is not in my understanding, but in your ability to clearly communicate what you intended."

Allegedly, there are smaht people working in any given legislative body that should understand just what language is and how to write crap down to represent just what they intended.

If they screw the pooch, so be it, until they fix the damn law.

After all, consider the alternative.

How many legislators voted for any given law because of what it actually said?

Would they have voted for it if it actually said what the other people thought it meant?

:shrug:

Do we want to go down that slippery slope?

Investment property, open up a B&B...

could simply walk away because there are no walls or fences.

:huh:

Uh, unless they changed the definition for the word fences, I clearly see fences in this photo.

closed-prison.jpg

Move it along.....nothing to see here

It was a Texas man's third arrest for having sex with a horse, and this time, he paid for it in pain.

Cirilo Castillo Jr., 45, was arraigned last week after a February incident in which he allegedly broke his leg while trying to have sex with a horse.

It was his third arrest related to the sexual abuse of a horse since 2012, ValleyCentral.com reports.

Hidalgo County Sheriff’s deputies said a barn owner called at about 7 a.m. on Feb. 17 to report an injured man in her barn.

When officers arrived, the woman identified the injured man as Castillo, and said he had been previously arrested for having sex with her horses. In those cases, Castillo was ordered to stay away from her barn.

The suspect told investigators that he had been struck by a car on the roadway and crawled all the way to the barn for shelter. Investigators believe he was trespassing in the barn in an attempt to have sex with a horse, but was injured when the horse kicked him.

The suspect was taken by ambulance to a local hospital and treated, according to the Sheriff's report.

But it wasn't until June 2 that investigators drafted a warrant and arrested Castillo on charges of criminal trespassing. If convicted, he could spend up to 180 days in jail, according to the McEllen Monitor.

He was taken to the Hidalgo County Adult Detention Center and will have to pony up $1,000 bond.

In September, 2013, Castillo received five years probation for animal cruelty after he was caught horsing around in the same barn. Investigators said Castillo tied a horse named India to her corral and performed oral and vaginal sex on her, the paper reports.

The police report did not mention whether the same horse was involved in the most recent incident.

Castillo's first arrest in connection with horse sex happened in 2012. He was sentenced to 270 days in jail for public lewdness.

Just wait until this fella gets his wish from the supreme court...it might happen too. He was born that way. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

Darwin would even wonder if this is real....

Man Shoots Firework From Top of His Head, Dies

The Associated Press
CALAIS, Maine — A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, he said.

The firework exploded, killing Staples instantly, McCausland said.

His death is the first fireworks fatality in Maine since the state legalized fireworks on Jan. 1, 2012, authorities said.

Calais is on the Canadian border near New Brunswick.

State fire marshals were also investigating several other Fourth of July fireworks accidents involving injuries in Friendship, Jefferson, Lebanon and Woodstock. They said most of the accidents involved burns and eye injuries. McCausland said further details were expected to be released later Sunday.

In 2011, lawmakers voted to repeal a 1949 law banning fireworks, reasoning that the industry would create jobs and generate additional revenue.

<iframe width="635" height="500" src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/2E2eJC/nbcNewsOffsite?guid=tdy_rossen_fireworks_150626" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFnrWRRk2do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Girl Pulls Tooth With Slingbow, Blows Away Tooth Fairy

The Huffington Post | By Ron Dicker

Updated: 07/06/2015 2:59 pm EDT

This probably isn't what the American Dental Association had in mind.

Alexis Davidson, 11, from Aurora, Colorado, pulled her loose tooth by shooting a sling bow. Her dad captured the unusual DIY method on video for all the Internet to see, perhaps inspiring other extraction techniques.

But along with having a parrot or javelin do the job, this one might be tough to top.

Some YouTube commenters praised the kid as a bad ass; some criticized her parents; and others wrote that it would perhaps be better -- and safer -- if Alexis had just let it fall out naturally.

Thankfully it worked. Look at that tooth fly.

Back