NFL: Al-Jazeera-implicated players must speak or face suspension

So I guess now we can start calling Harrison a little bitch for succumbing to Goodell. He was all talk at the beginning but look at him now. Caved like a little school girl.

SMH

Brady has had the biggest balls of anyone to face Roger. That is a fact now.

This is interesting. Kraft is part of this committee. Guess he has not been ostracized after all.

NFL forms Chairman’s Committee to work with Roger Goodell

Posted by Josh Alper on August 26, 2016, 7:37 AM EDT

The NFL has various committees that oversee different areas of league business and the chairmen of those committees have long worked closely with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Now they’ll do it in a formal committee of their own. According to multiple reports, Goodell sent a memo to NFL teams announcing the formation of the Chairman’s Committee made up of some of the most prominent members of the group that employs Goodell. Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, Giants owner John Mara, Patriots owner Robert Kraft, Texans owner Bob McNair and Steelers president Art Rooney II will serve on the committee.

The name that likely jumps out from that list is Kraft, who has had plenty of negative things to say about the way the league handled Deflategate over the last couple of years. He has remained an influential part of league operations as the chairman of the broadcast committee and member of the finance committee, however, and that keeps him in a prime spot at the table even if he’s been critical of Goodell.

The group isn’t expected to take any votes while serving as advisors for Goodell on the league’s internal priorities and strategies.

This is interesting. Kraft is part of this committee. Guess he has not been ostracized after all.

Of course not. He laid down like a good little boy so he still gets to play nice with Goodell behind the scenes.

Of course not. He laid down like a good little boy so he still gets to play nice with Goodell behind the scenes.

He really didn't lay down though. His comments publicly were blistering and he filed the Amicus brief which tore the league a new one. I know it is popular here to rip Kraft BUT he came up against Roger more than any other owner has. I noticed that the KC owner is on the list too and he didn't say boo about their mistreatment. Kraft is there because he continues to make the league money. Pure and simple. It is also good for the Pats that he is there and not completely on the outs with the powers of the league.

He really didn't lay down though. His comments publicly were blistering and he filed the Amicus brief which tore the league a new one. I know it is popular here to rip Kraft BUT he came up against Roger more than any other owner has. I noticed that the KC owner is on the list too and he didn't say boo about their mistreatment. Kraft is there because he continues to make the league money. Pure and simple. It is also good for the Pats that he is there and not completely on the outs with the powers of the league.

In the grand scheme of things, Kraft laid down when it mattered and then fought/made noise once he had no ability to impact anything anyway.

I don't hate him for what he did, but I also think his actions were likely considered reasonable by the league and other owners given the situation. The NFL got what it wanted and Kraft made some noise, but ultimately nothing happened to prevent the status quo from continuing behind closed doors.

You answered your own statement.

Don't confuse the two of being capable of making extremely prudent and financially sound decisions to garner the league barrels full of cash and sitting with a group that actually flexes their power.

Bobby fills the former.

In the grand scheme of things, Kraft laid down when it mattered and then fought/made noise once he had no ability to impact anything anyway.

I don't hate him for what he did, but I also think his actions were likely considered reasonable by the league and other owners given the situation. The NFL got what it wanted and Kraft made some noise, but ultimately nothing happened to prevent the status quo from continuing behind closed doors.

Yeah. I agree with that. But many thought Kraft had lost his status in the league and that is not the case.

Correct

Yeah. I agree with that. But many thought Kraft had lost his status in the league and that is not the case.

Might not this appointment, together with his exonerating everyone who <strike>cooperated</strike> submitted just be part of a ploy to 1. Restore the perception of fairness and grudgelessness together with 2. further condemning TFBs phony alleged failure to <strike>cooperate</strike> submit?

Cheers

Might not this appointment, together with his exonerating everyone who <strike>cooperated</strike> submitted just be part of a ploy to 1. Restore the perception of fairness and grudgelessness together with 2. further condemning TFBs phony alleged failure to <strike>cooperate</strike> submit?

Cheers

No. And I think this conspiracy stuff has gone off the deep end around here.

No. And I think this conspiracy stuff has gone off the deep end around here.

Appearing fair, appearing not to hold grudges, and answering perceptions that he was unfair to Brady by way of acts of apparent fairness to others are simply reasonable and objectives goals that the PR people there most certainly have explored. Asking about or even forming the opinion that this may be at least a part of what's happening is surely not a conspiracy. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

Appearing fair, appearing not to hold grudges, and answering perceptions that he was unfair to Brady by way of acts of apparent fairness to others are simply reasonable and objectives goals that the PR people there most certainly have explored. Asking about or even forming the opinion that this may be at least a part of what's happening is surely not a conspiracy. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

Not everything Rog or the league does directly correlates to Brady.

Not everything Rog or the league does directly correlates to Brady.

First, I didn't, and never would, say it did.

Second, PR is a constant in business.

Third, I put it as a question, not a statement, although the question reflects my opinion to some extent.

Cheers, BostonTim

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Why, because he's on some BS committee that isn't expected to take any votes?

In fact, very much like a PR kind of thing some might say.

Cheers

Why, because he's on some BS committee that isn't expected to take any votes?

The committee in whatever its function is or will be has the most powerful owners on it. He is one of them. He has not been ostracized as some here thought. That was my only point.

How he can sit in a room with that mutha-fvcker is beyond me.

Fvck him and his shitbag commissioner. BOTH.

Back