NFL Draft 2017 Round 2

bishbash

Tall Earthquake Finders roam the desert
Reaction score
Seems in the past we've had separate Threads for each round, so here's one for round 2!

Seems in the past we've had separate Threads for each round, so here's one for round 2!

Do we have enough pages available?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Dalvin Cook a Vikodin...

No, I like the round by round page

Is the TE the Bears just took, Adam Sheehan, worth a 2nd? I'm trying to keep my wife off suicide watch next season.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Is the TE the Bears just took, Adam Sheehan, worth a 2nd? I'm trying to keep my wife off suicide watch next season.

Here's what Patspulpit had to say:

45. Arizona Cardinals -> Chicago Bears: Ashland TE Adam Shaheen
The Bears cupboard is bare on offense and Sheehan might have the most upside at the position- but he’s pretty raw and comes from a lower quality conference. He is 6’6, 278 pounds, but runs like a wide receiver.

Grade: A

Dang, eagles took Sidney Jones. Was hoping Pat's could stow him away on IR till Butler left next year.

Cleveland grabbed their QB! Kizer. :dith:

52. Cleveland Browns: Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer
The Browns draft their quarterback, but I wonder what their analytics say about a quarterback that completes <60% in their final year in college (not a good sign), on a team that declined under their stewardship (not a good sign), that struggles while under pressure (not a good sign). This isn’t as bad as the Jets taking Christian Hackenberg in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft, but it’s pretty close.

Grade: D

Cleveland grabbed their QB! Kizer. :dith:

52. Cleveland Browns: Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer
The Browns draft their quarterback, but I wonder what their analytics say about a quarterback that completes <60% in their final year in college (not a good sign), on a team that declined under their stewardship (not a good sign), that struggles while under proessure (not a good sign). This isn’t as bad as the Jets taking Christian Hackenberg in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft, but it’s pretty close.

Grade: D

Is that regression all on Kiser or lack of good coaching?

I don't know but thought Kiser looked better early on.

The Bears cupboard is bare on offense and Sheehan might have the most upside at the position- but he’s pretty raw and comes from a lower quality conference. He is 6’6, 278 pounds, but runs like a wide receiver.

Thanks hombre. Wifey was happy with the update too.

I'm not watching the broadcast since, as previously noted, I know nothing about college players, plus from reading updates, I understand they're running ads after just about every pick. I refuse to intentionally subject myself to that frustration. It's bad enough during games.

But I did run across this terrific article about the reception Goodell is receiving, and I'm tempted to turn it on just to join the fun.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nt-get-the-fans-to-stop-booing-roger-goodell/

Kensil

I was kinda hoping he might make it to our pick.

Is that regression all on Kiser or lack of good coaching?

I don't know but thought Kiser looked better early on.

Some of both but Brian Kelly is a total d-bag & a terrible football coach. He will throw players & his coaching staff under the bus & nothing his ever his fault. Some top HS recruits this past year wrote off ND strictly because of Kelly.

Now with all that said Kiser is not close to NFL ready & should not step on the field unless in an emergency situation.

After watching the Steelers take a WR in the second round, I am completely convinced that Tomlin believes he lost the AFCCG due to a lack of offense and not because he fieled a JV defense. With all the stud DBs in this draft and solid defensive players overall, to draft a WR when they just shelled out all that dough to FB incorporated is unreal. That is the only explanation I can come with. Tomlin sees 36-17 and thinks "I need MORE offense. Defense is fine."

After watching the Steelers take a WR in the second round, I am completely convinced that Tomlin believes he lost the AFCCG due to a lack of offense and not because he fieled a JV defense. With all the stud DBs in this draft and solid defensive players overall, to draft a WR when they just shelled out all that dough to FB incorporated is unreal. That is the only explanation I can come with. Tomlin sees 36-17 and thinks "I need MORE offense. Defense is fine."

That's because he's a shutdown safety patrolling the sideline.

He never gets offense reps tho.

Back