NFL Teams Need to Own Up to Mistakes Instead of Blaming Patriots

Denism

Conas ata t?
Reaction score
Totally Biast Article but good read nontheless:thumb:

When Jets strength coach Sal Alosi intentionally kneed a Dolphins gunner Sunday, the Jets' recourse followed a typical guideline. First, fine the pants off Alosi, and then blame the Patriots.

And when Colts quarterback Peyton Manning couldn’t win at Gillette Stadium, he believed it was because the Patriots were bugging the visiting locker room. Yup, he blamed the Patriots.

Of course, the Colts' immediate response to Manning's inability to beat the Patriots was to complain about New England's defensive style. Bill Polian got the rules changed, right after he blamed the Patriots.

Earlier this season, when the Broncos were busted for a Spygate scandal, former Denver head coach Josh McDaniels accepted his punishment, and then he blamed the Patriots.

When the Patriots beat the Raiders in the snow in the 2001 playoffs, the Raiders blamed the officials' surprising use of the tuck rule. Over time, the Raiders made it a little simpler. They blamed the Patriots.

Naturally, after the Pats were bagged for Spygate, a good chunk of the league -- from the Steelers, to the Rams, to the Jets -- blamed the Patriots … for games during the 2007 season and many others. Basically, any team that lost to Bill Belichick's Patriots over the better part of a decade played the camera card. (Whether those teams have a just cause to complain or they were simply looking for excuses, that has just been something the Patriots would have to live with.)

Then, two weeks ago, when New England blew out the Jets 45-3, New York wide receiver Braylon Edwards accused the Patriots of running up the score, which is something the Pats have been blamed for over and over again. But of course, Edwards said the Jets would have done the same thing.

It's become socially acceptable in the NFL to blame the Patriots for everything, even when they're not involved. The latest unprovoked attack from Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff is as comical as this notion has become.

But here's a thought: Don’t let coaches trip players, and don’t throw interceptions at defensive backs who are banked in a zone, and don’t forget to show up on a nationally televised game on Monday night.

Self-accountability can be a whacky concept, and if it's too tough of a quality to attain, hey, blame the Patriots
http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/nfl-tea...ir-mistakes-rather-than-blaming-patriots.html

Its the Patriots against the entire NFL:fight:
lol

The only negative thing about the Patriots winning the Super Bowl is that we're all going to drown from the tears of opposing moronic fanbases. So get your scuba gear ready.

Everything is only an issue when the Patriots do it. Like I said before, imagine the big deal that would have been made if the Patriots violated preseason rules and lost OTA's, like the Ravens and Raiders did.

Tom Curran had a funny piece about this, too. He said the Patriots are responsible for the CBA, and that Belichick was also involved when Mike Vick was killing dogs.

It's tiring, but hopefully the Patriots win the Super Bowl, and it will turn from annoying to very satisfying. **** the rest of the NFL fans.

Someone keyed my car a year ago. I bet the Pats were involved in that too.

Good read, thanks.

We've been this kind of team for a while. When times are tough, blame the Patriots. Whether it's Ray Lewis or complaining about the hits on Brady, or the Rams complaining about alleged video taping, or even Josh McDaniels crediting his videotaping scandal to us..after already trying to make a mirror image of the Pats through his team...it's how it's been, especially after Spygate.

It's usually a case of people being sore losers. Agreeing with Leon, hopefully we can win the SB and silence the doubters--but even if we do I can't help but think we'll still draw some sort of unnecessary controversy.

I wonder who blamed Belichick for the economy in the last year.

And Sunday nights game may have snow and BB said on the news last night something like we have the snow making machine up and running ROFLROFL

If the Pats win their fourth SB .....The haters will say its really their first SB because they didn't cheat.:banghead:

The Patriots seem to have more staff at the stadium on gameday than on any other day of the week. The Patriots win games at home. Therefore the extra staff is the reason the Patriots win at home. If that isn't cheating, I don't know what is.

I blame Parcells, though.

The Patriots seem to have more staff at the stadium on gameday than on any other day of the week. The Patriots win games at home. Therefore the extra staff is the reason the Patriots win at home. If that isn't cheating, I don't know what is.

I blame Parcells, though.
They also have more fans at the stadium on game day! It's a dirty rotten conspiracy I tell you! :cuss:

<<
Self-accountability can be a whacky concept, and if it's too tough of a quality to attain, hey, blame the Patriots
>>

Not to turn this into a political forum thread, but that basically describes American society at the moment. No one wants to take responsibility and have accountability for what they do.

In fact I have from Patriot Place a fine example of this. The sign below is posted in the men's room at Showcase Live next to the urinals. The fact that they feel they have to tell you not to drink the urinal water because it is recycled and not fit for drinking disturbs me deeply on two levels.

First, that the level of education in our country has deteriorated to the point where they actually worry someone might drink urinal water in the first place. Have Americans really become that stupid ? Have any of you seen people drinking water out of the pissers lately ?

And second, that some $250+ an hour corporate attorney thinks that they have to protect the company from someone so stupid that they would drink urinal water in the first place, because if they don't our legal system will allow the idiot who drank the water and got sick to sue the company. Hence the sign in the men's room.

Our society is eliminating common sense and personal accountability. Therefore I firmly expect that for years to come in the NFL, that whenever teams lose or get caught doing something naughty, that it will always be "the Patriots' fault".

<<
He's got cloud seeding airplanes up, I know it!
>>

LOL but show me where in the NFL rule book that is says you can't seed clouds ?

I call that gamesmanship.

Back