Ninkovich Suspended 4 Games for PED Violation

Again, this test was in July, before the injury

I'm in agreement with you. Don't think I was clear.

You said 'test was in July'

Jetsam says it's irrelevant when he took it.

I say not irrelevant, as some are claiming he took PEDS deliberately to treat recent injury and is therefore lying. The fact that it occurred before injury means more chance it was accidental.

Hope I've clarified.

I mean, I agree with that. But to know what you're putting in your body, you read the label and the listed ingredients. If it's not there, it's not there. So then what? Everything you buy, do you have to take it to a lab to have it analyzed?

The thing is that most of these substances that are bought OTC in supplements and protein mixes shouldn't be banned anyway. It's ridiculous. They're not physician-prescribed enhancers or steroids. It's an antiquated prohibition by the NFL.

sounds crazy, but with failed tests, when the athlete swears they were unaware......it just might be worth it for the athlete to have the product analyzed. I know there was a recent event with a young tennis player, she was taking vitamins, and one of the vitamins had a product in it that was banned.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Which is virtually impossible for anybody that takes any sort of supplement. You can't trust that the ingredients on the label are 100% accurate even if you know what to look for.

But, you're right. He needs to take his medicine. So to speak.

absolutely.........

can the mods ban this clown.....

It was Deer Antler Pee from the north American Bull Deer with felt antlers.

Come on man. My blood runs Nautical Blue and New Century Silver, and I DETEST the New York Rats like no other team in this universe, and I found that funny. Lol

sounds crazy, but with failed tests, when the athlete swears they were unaware......it just might be worth it for the athlete to have the product analyzed. I know there was a recent event with a young tennis player, she was taking vitamins, and one of the vitamins had a product in it that was banned.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

absolutely.........

Damn why do I keep agreeing with Jets fan!?

Ninks been a very solid citizen and productive. And absolutely run into the ground for years, when Bill kept 3 DEs and played 2. 95%+ defensive snap counts were insane for DEs.

Now Bill has like eleventeen DEs. Nink is truly in a playing time/roster spot battle.

Could he have opted to try something? Sure.

The whole OTC thing is bogus. There's lists, apps, and phone numbers for them to call and question anything prior to purchase or ingestion. If it ain't on the approved take at your own peril.

Until he says what he's nailed for and in what product I'm skeptical.

But I don't blame him either.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

BTW, my earlier Player A post is Vrabel. A lauded Pat. Rightfully so, with the pelts and all.

Player B was Nink.

Ninks been a very solid citizen and productive. And absolutely run into the ground for years, when Bill kept 3 DEs and played 2. 95%+ defensive snap counts were insane for DEs.

Now Bill has like eleventeen DEs. Nink is truly in a playing time/roster spot battle.

Could he have opted to try something? Sure.

The whole OTC thing is bogus. There's lists, apps, and phone numbers for them to call and question anything prior to purchase or ingestion. If it ain't on the approved take at your own peril.

Until he says what he's nailed for and in what product I'm skeptical.

But I don't blame him either.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

BTW, my earlier Player A post is Vrabel. A lauded Pat. Rightfully so, with the pelts and all.

Player B was Nink.

I can go to GNC and buy about 500 items that are banned in the NFL, its not that far fetched to say it was otc.

I can go to GNC and buy about 500 items that are banned in the NFL, its not that far fetched to say it was otc.

That's my point.

There's a list, I heard an app for players to check, and you can ALWAYS run it thru your training staff first.

It's on him.

It is on him, but he said it was on him.

Then don't go the whole " it's OTC" route. That is easily validated as ok or not.

If he took Product X that was on the approved list and then got popped for Winstrol then come out with details and /or provide the product for testing and verification it's in there and not listed.

Then don't go the whole " it's OTC" route. That is easily validated as ok or not.

If he took Product X that was on the approved list and then got popped for Winstrol then come out with details and /or provide the product for testing and verification it's in there and not listed.

Apparently, he asked the NFL which substance tested positive, and they never answered him.

It seems taking the NFL to court right now has not been working out.

To be honest I don't believe it.

We'd have heard about it far sooner than this if it weren't procedural to send notice of what you failed for.

Everyone would pound the table wanting to know.

So.......can we expect a press conference where Bill Belichick gets to explore a new aspect of science?

Now, I'm not trying to say I'm an expert in chemistry like Dr. Herbert West was in Reanimator....

Sign me up.

Only if he spends half of it talking about balls.

Maybe, but also know there are a ton of otc items that do contain banned substances from the NFL, so you know, it could have happened that way too. As the Jets guy said, its not excuse, but then he is not making any.

so stop talking and prove it rob, you and i both know he can...if he wants to

Apparently, he asked the NFL which substance tested positive, and they never answered him.

document this claim as truth...or rob could easily still be playing us

it seems more than just a little crazy the union/player would ok a 4 game suspension without knowing what substance the player was suspended for.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

To be honest I don't believe it.

We'd have heard about it far sooner than this if it weren't procedural to send notice of what you failed for.

Everyone would pound the table wanting to know.

exactly

document this claim as truth...or rob could easily still be playing us

it seems more than just a little crazy the union/player would ok a 4 game suspension without knowing what substance the player was suspended for.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

exactly

I'll be honest, I don't get the outrage. :shrug:

An NFL player gets popped for using PEDs. The pearl-clutching. Fainting Couch. The horror! :coffee:

The only truthful explanation I've ever heard about PEDs was from Rodney Harrison. The rest are bullshit, and we know they're bullshit, and I'm not sure why we demand them from players anymore.

Back